ITT: Things that are impossible to adapt for film

ITT: Things that are impossible to adapt for film

Why should we care?

look, just because you haven't read it is no need to come over all hostile. i'm sure you can find an audiobook that'll help you past all the hard words.

holy shit im reading the wiki of this it soudns wild

It might either be awesome or it will be a shitfest the same tier as Noah.

it's not that great. first book is ok, after that - meh. Reasoning behind some people are just retarded (for example - the jew)

First two books are solid 10. Latter two... good but not great.

Hoyt, the Sargent and the old man with the child (Forgot both of their names) are the best stories.

for my /his/ fags out there
if it were a movie it would have to be like ten movie epic at 4 hour lengths. seriously i hate it when movies about history shorten and cut shit out, or over glorify shit. anything that distracts from the absolute truth of history pisses me off fuck every single world war 2 movie or any historical film they are all shit except the very very very rare one or two

Mah nigga.

Sitting down and going through it all is entertaining.

anything good

Endymion was shit. I mean, what was the point? She cures humanity with her magic AIDS? What about the AI and human gods? Good sex scenes as always from Dan Simmons though.
>I fuck this little girl but no pedo because of time hijinks.

They're apparently going to try, and by god they're going to fail catastrophically.

Maybe as a series or something.

Even that wouldn't work unless it had literally unlimited budget, and even then you'd have executives meddling to make it more feminist, which would undermine the entire theme.

I've read the first 6 books
it's just DBZ in fantasy form

>Why should we care?
>we

you dumbfuck aren't even a You, but a fag. never reply in my name ever again.

Are these actually good? I see people talking about it but never bothered.

it depends how invested you are in the genre tbphwyf

if you're the kinda guy that goes in for high fantasy then there are some interesting genre ideas in it

if you're looking for a time filler then it's okay

if you're looking for a casual read then avoid it

if you're looking for a great read that holds up to substantial thought and investment then avoid it as well

hyperion isn't that good.

the story of the girl aging backwards in time is a good tearjerker but other than that who cares?

>hard words

lmao hyperion is about as "challenging" to read as any average scifi or fantasy book.

It's ok. It has its ups and downs. It develops into a fairly original series which develops its own concepts and has some really strong characterization. On the other hand, the middle books kinda drop off in quality on account of the author being on his deathbed, and the final 3 are ok but always struck me as bland compared to the first 5.

I'd give it a chance if you're looking for something fun to read that will keep you interested, but it's not particularly deep or thought provoking, it's Good vs Evil Heroes Journey through and through. It also doesn't really hit its stride until the third book.

I would love a tv series of Riverworld

hyperion would be a good miniseries, an episode for each guy's story

they could focus on the Shrike and go for the Hellraiser audience.

> mfw it's named after an actual bird that impales shit