Just found out today that I'm severely depressed since years without ever noticing it. Always thought I'm just a lazy...

Just found out today that I'm severely depressed since years without ever noticing it. Always thought I'm just a lazy, socially awkward misfit.

Any good albums for me to cope with this shit? Any genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaGaZqMZbGM
youtube.com/watch?v=6c9Uu5eILZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Joy Division and Ween.

Not a joke post, by the way.

Local H - As Good As Dead

Listen to music with DA PUMP to fight depression, because wallowing in it will just give you suicidal thoughts. It's a fucking WAR!

Music that has DA PUMP:

Ludvig Van Beethoven (lively works)
Disco
Funk
Acid House
African Electronic Music
Big Beat
Breakbeat
Dubstep (US)
EBM
Electro
Electro Swing
Footwork/Juke
Goa Trance/Psy Trance
House
Industrial Techno
Old School Hardcore Rave/Breakbeat Hardcore (yes, it's still being made in one form or another)
Drum And Bass
Progressive House
Techno (depends if it gets you PUMPed or not)
Trance
Hip-Hop (depends if it's lively or not, no boring shit)
Industrial (some of the livelier stuff)
Loungecore/Easy Listening (if it's happy and lively)
Metal (lively, no slow shit)
Pop (lively)
Punk
Rock (lively)
Gabba
Hardcore Punk
Hardcore (no breaks)
Acid Breakbeat
Hardcore Terror
Frenchcore
Italo-Disco
Nu Disco

How about therapy, diet, and exercise. "Albums" won't help you for shit

Sounds to me like you're just lazy like you suspected, now you don't want to improve yourself despite noticing an obvious flaw with yourself so you trick yourself into believing your mental health is to blame for your lack of enthusiasm and laziness. Get over yourself OP.

I'm sorry user, but if you didn't notice it for years is it really that bad?

Yoga and meditation can help during the quieter moments.

Not OP, but I've been doing this lately for the last couple of months as well as trying to make some of my own. Shit's cash. I just wish I was a part of the rave scene decades ago

Historically this method has exaggerated my hypomania and made me more suicidal. But I have BPD.

So your mileage may vary.

Ultra masculine testosterone fueled trap does the trick

>Just found out today that I'm severely depressed since years without ever noticing it.
then you weren't depressed moron.

did a """"therapist"""" finally diagnose you?

Sufjan Stevens
Kid A (or any other Radiohead album)
The Microphones/Mount Eerie

these work too

It's called Dysthymia OP.

Funny story: it took my """""""""""therapist""""""""'"" a year and a half to notice that I was severely depressed despite a lot of obvious warning signs.

OP here
I have more stuff to worry about than how depressed I am. One day for sure though.

Thanks guys

One doctor said it a few days ago as a possibility and one therapist has confirmed it.

Sorry for upsetting you(?)

Mental heath is rarely about establishing causation.
Extreme lack of enthusiasm, and laziness, IS depression.

youtube.com/watch?v=XaGaZqMZbGM
listen to this

That's not how it works niggy.
Depression =/= "very very sad".

Anger is a secondary emotion that steams from fear and sadness.

So metal.

I stick to what I said You and this "doctor" are tricking your mind into not improving an obvious flaw. Have fun taking placebo pills for the rest of your life, however you could - like most people - grow up and improve yourself, after all most of this is temporary. You seem to me like a perfectly sound human being, you are just lazy and you're tricking yourself into not improving to stay lazy.
Wrong, laziness and lack of enthusiasm causes depression. OP needs to take ahold of his life and climb out the pit he's dug himself into. He's claiming depression so he doesn't deal with his own short comings - despite acknowledging them. Biggest sign that this is obviously what OP is doing is with
>I'm severely depressed since years without ever noticing it.
That's straight bullshit and everyone in this thread knows it.

>has literally never heard of psychological conditioning
>"muh placebo pills"

Oh so you grew up in a hippie commune.

I think I phrased it wrong. I never realized what I was doing over the past years until now. Ignoring people for the sake of not being hurt. Shaking when having simple conversations. Having serious eating problems and sleeping problems. Thinking about suicide.

It's not that I didn't know that something was wrong, I just started noticing it, if that makes sense.

Try this

never understood the "dunno how to cope with my diagnosis" thing, the same happened to me, diagnosed with OCD, Anxiety and depression and nothing changed, my life was the same as it always was except now I had a label for why I found things more frightening than other people or why i tended to obsess over anxieties

>I think I phrased it wrong
>here's an entire list of actual serious mental health issues that I just forgot to mention

The problem is not that your life changes. The problem is, that you thought everything was normal, but now you start thinking about how fucked up you've acted over the past years.

Sorry I didn't want to write an essay for a simple album request. And everything of that can be summed up with "I found out that I'm depressed", which I wrote.

Mentally ill people need support not criticism.

schizophrenics shouldn't be treated instead put a sweat shop writing poems so we can get another odyssey

Blanket statements always work

Exactly my point. Telling cancer patients off never helped, did it now?

>Missing the point

>assuming things about a person and then getting defensive as fuck when corrected
>"you're just missing the point"

Ween is a good suggestion. I also recommend The Smiths.

Derailing a thread to show how big your dick is should be bannable.

mentally ill people need to go to a more supporting place then
unless you're terminally retarded you'd know Sup Forums of all places is not the first place to get support
jeez

Here's a sick jam that's good for you
youtube.com/watch?v=6c9Uu5eILZ8

are you legit autistic

Yeah, you've clearly missed my point