I have schizophrenia AMA

I have schizophrenia AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z6w8nVyFQC4
youtube.com/watch?v=c0rAlXvJMsc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does it annoy you that there are still people who think that schizo is split personality disorder when it should be common knowledge at this point for any educated adult that this isn't the case?

What is it about hendrix that made you choose him for your pic?

No, not really. IMO nobody really knows what it is.
I just really love Hendrix.

Why do you only shave your left goose egg?

How bad? (do you consider it bad?)

I'm on the max dosage of the strongest anti-psychotic

do you hear voices ? What do they say ?

It's rare these days. Usually inaudible but very very annoying. Drives me absolutely nuts.

Why are you so gay???

youtube.com/watch?v=z6w8nVyFQC4

Did you seek treatment yourself or did something happen that forced you into treatment?

Do you take your meds?
Do you ever notice unexplainable, seamingly real "coincidences" that aren't blatant hallucinations? If so do you write them up as delusions?

Is that enough to leave you saner than the thing in this pic?

Don't tease us user! Give us a story?
What's the most fucked up situation relating to your desease?

I was living out west and it got harder and harder until I had to come home. Shortly after my mother heard me talking to someone who wasn't there.

We went to the Doctors and I got really angry, Doctor sent us to the hospital and I was questioned about all kinds of things.

Next thing (about an hour later while talking to my mother) I was locked into a room with 2 cops outside.

Next day it was straight to the crazy house.

Cool thanks for sharing

>Do you ever notice unexplainable, seamingly real "coincidences" that aren't blatant hallucinations? If so do you write them up as delusions?
I'd rather not get into it, but yes I take my meds religiously.

OP here. Should I get a little drunk tonight?

You should smoke some dmt

Cannabis is a better fit with schizophrenia, no?

Only if you accomplished something worth rewarding yourself by getting drunk today.

I'm 99% sure weed has at least contributed to my condition
I'll probably go into a coma

You should drop a ten strip of acid

The first and last time I tried acid it was pretty good high but the next day I literally couldn't stop crying. It was really embarrassing.

What age did you start smoking weed? What age did you get your first "episode"?

THC is definitely not a good fit for any schizo-affective type disorder.

Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type?Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type?Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type? Does it echo when I type?

With the antipsychotics he'd probably just lose a couple dozen iq points for a couple days
Not so sure about the dmt though

Do you like Deadpool?

lol

I didn't start smoking weed till I was 18 and almost immediately I told my friend I thought I was schizo.

10 years later I had a big mental break and I can't touch the stuff anymore.

What AP are you on? What dose?

clozaril/clozapine, 600 mg

How is your schizophrenia while being on medication? Do you have side effects from being on it?

Did you go through a lot of other APs that didn't work before settling on that one or did your pdoc prescribe it for its benefits related to suicidal thoughts specifically?

hello friend. your back is itchy

Tons of side effects, mainly weight gain. I wish I had tried other medications before this one. I tried switching and it was a total disaster.

Symptoms wise I'm probably better off than I ever was.
Just olanzapine. Like I said I wish I had tried other meds before getting the big bad clozaril.
Spiders are bros

do you have dissociation/derealization symptoms or is schizo stuff very distinctly separate from dissociation?

Rarely but sometimes. When I was a teenager I would sometimes "forget" how big my hand was and had to take it out from under the covers to check that it was still hand sized.

That doesn't sound to out of the ordinary
Most people have experienced liliptian hallucinations like that as a kid

Good to know

that actually does sound more like a schizo thing. dissociation is waaay different.
at least the way i've experienced it, you go into this kind of state where there seems to be something just fundamentally wrong with every single thing around you. your body, your environment, the people you know and love. i don't really know how to explain it. it's like having a complete ego death while still conscious and trapped in your vessel.

Ever tried meditation?
Does it feel weirder than you'd expect a normal person would from it?

I've had ego death on mushrooms and felt nothing bug peace

when you wake up violently because something just exploded but you walk around the house and down your street in the middle of the night to find nothing actually exploded

Yes I've tried it. I don't think it's very useful for me, though. I can pretty easily clear my mind. I feel like I'm mediated a lot of the time without trying.

well yeah, that's when you're a)expecting it and b)high.
having everything you know and care about ripped away while you're on the shitter, or staring at your mother and having no idea who or what she is or why you're stuck in this vessel is not peace, it is not fun, it is very deeply disturbing.
i have no doubt that i would enjoy ego death induced by something like psilocybin or dmt, but not spontaneously in the middle of a normal day, or for hours on end while having to act normal.

That sounds harsh man. Have you told a psych?

How does it compare to the state induced by dissociative drugs?
It sounds similar to the drug induced experience, but much more negative, on drugs it just feels like a video game and things seem different but not necessarily wrong per say. Could the lack of negativity come from choosing to take a drug instead of it intruding into your life or is it a different experience all together?

Bullshit

OP here. It makes me feel like I'm about to die.

>muh weed miracle drug dindu nuffin
Fuck off
Weed, thc in particular, can and will exasperate psychotic mental illness, no matter how many vice articles say otherwise

god no, and i don't plan on it. i don't like the field, don't trust the doctors, and on top of that it would be a hassle to do insurance stuff.
besides, it's not debilitating (yet). i can function normally for the most part.

>How does it compare to the state induced by dissociative drugs?
i actually wouldn't know. i've only tried dxm, and i took a cautious starter dose (low-range 2nd plateau). on top of that i've started to suspect i have some kind of atypical autism that my parents just never picked up on, so i worry that that might change how drugs affect me. i plan on trying a solid 3rd plateau dose of dxm, or other psychedelics at some point, so we'll see.
>Could the lack of negativity come from choosing to take a drug instead of it intruding into your life?
that sounds plausible, but like i said i have no frame of reference.

>i don't like the field, don't trust the doctors, and on top of that it would be a hassle to do insurance stuff.
I used to feel this way. In retrospect I would probably have been better off if I sought help earlier. The more you tell them the better they can treat you. (Plus I don't have to work anymore for the rest of my life)

Everyone in this thread is out to get you
Some help

Can you really prove you didn't just start existing right now?

are you able to be productive? what is your occupation(if you have one) and what are your hobbies/interest?

can you explain this in more detail.
Because as someone who is schizophrenic and has been around the block a few times I am gonna call BS on this story.

How so?
He didn't really provide enough detail to tell either way.

I fucking hate how they can basically lock you up for "thought crimes" if you aren't even a risk to yourself or others. so what if you believe in whacky shit, and want to talk to imaginary friends

Right on man. Manic depressive here and Hendrix helps me get through the lows and makes me feel blessed to be alive during the highs. Stay safe man, peace.

I've been on disability since I was diagnosed in 2012. Just started volunteering a few weeks ago.

Hobbies include computer and bicycles.

What makes you think it's BS?

Actually I poped my dad in the mouth and he broke my ribs and I went to jail. I don't know if it would have been different but that might have been a part of the very long conversation with my mom that I wasn't included in.

I'm just sort of re-discovering him. He really was the best guitarist of all time no contest.

Nope. Can you really prove that everything you know and love isn't controlled by a secret information filter?

ps I would rather be schizo that bi polar
I'm ok with this

If this were true, do you really want to know what it would be like to be "unfiltered"?

They only will lock you up if
1. You legitimately are going to kill yourself.
Not just thoughts.
2. You pose a legitimate threat to someone else. Not just thoughts or voices .
or 3. You are rapidly deteriorating and have no one to care for you.
He didn't meet any of these criteria.
When I was brought before a psychiatrist totally psychotic and angry all they did was give me an antipsychotic and something to help me sleep.
Also the hospital won't call the cops to commit someone, usually.

Do you ever hear your balls whispering things about you to your cock?

this actually brings up an interesting question: is there a similarity of musical taste in people with similar mental disorders?
i'm the dissociation guy. the majority of what i listen to is cool jazz and Death Grips. i also like some other stuff like Weezer or St Vincent, but mostly jazz and DG.

I won't lie I've had it pretty ez in comparison to other people. I've also been dishonest all the way through (which has probably done me a disservice)
Schizo guy I really like classic rock and anything electric

Never thought about it like that lolol

what exactly have you been dishonest about?

What country are you from?

I'd rather not get into it.

are you into the occult or magickz at all?

Do you like Jimmy?

No

Is it the medication that gives schizo's that soft droning kind of voice or is it the symptoms of the disease?

Fair enough. I just don't like people telling stories about being locked up just for seeking help if they are untrue. It stopped me from getting help sooner and it's not fair to those who need help. They could be scared away.

I'm confused as to what you're asking can you rephrase?

Not OP but little column a little column b

youtube.com/watch?v=c0rAlXvJMsc

I've met a couple people with schizophrenia who talked in a similar manner as the guy in the video. They have a soft spoken kind of dull way of speaking.

The monotony is from the schizo but the meds will sedate outward expressions like this too

Damn dude I hope I'm not that transparent

whats that come from?

what did the voices say to you before you got it under control with medication?

Have you ever experienced visual hallucinations?