Is there a name for a genre of music that is nothing but slowly building loops...

Is there a name for a genre of music that is nothing but slowly building loops? Like songs that loop over and over and don't change other than more elements being added on top?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qTi0hom6r44
vocaroo.com/i/s0m3F7VkUK6v
youtube.com/watch?v=2Zbsdv6svqw
clyp.it/h5saeooe?token=99d2273f32087c88e69b35978b69666d
youtu.be/j1PuWrE9nKY
youtu.be/1atQFLYbzuk
youtube.com/watch?v=9xZUISErsxg
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

minimalism

this and like every modern genre of electronic music

>woman of the world, take over, 'cause if you don't the world will come to an end, and it won't take long

>Like songs that loop over and over and don't change other than more elements being added on top?

The closest thing is a onkyo song made by no input mix

No input mix, means feeding some equipament that changes a input sound (distortion pedal, delay pedal......), with the result of this equipament itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=qTi0hom6r44

The equipament will change the sound slowly addoing more elements.
But it wont be exactly what you said, just the EXACT previous samples, with more samples added over time. The previous sounds/samples change even if a little

Actually you can use audacity to do some amateur thing like that.

1-get a ultra small sound (less than 0.0001 seconds, yes, thats small) that is not 100% true silence.
2-Put it at audacity
3-Paste this sound at the end of the song.
4-Use some random effect at the entire song
5-Copy the entire song and past at the end of the song.
6-Go to 4 until you have a song huge enought for you and then save it.

At step 5 and 3, you can past the entire song before the song start and not after it if you want.

You can also at step 4 just apply the effect to the pasted sound

half of aphex twin's work

When you first use lmms

Soundscapes by Robert Fripp and his earlier work with Frippertronics is kinda like that, he uses pre looped stuff and plays a long delay guitar over it.

vocaroo.com/i/s0m3F7VkUK6v

Tested your idea, pasted the entire song at the end, and each time modified the pasted part.

Effects are selected at random.

Can imagine someone liking this

This is all I could think of. Just someone fucking around with a ratchet that loops and builds.

Forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=2Zbsdv6svqw

I sti don't get how he's doing this. He has to have at least two mixers, right?

minimalism -> serialism

clyp.it/h5saeooe?token=99d2273f32087c88e69b35978b69666d
My music :^}

>I sti don't get how he's doing this. He has to have at least two mixers, right?

the easiest version of this method
1-create a small sound with less than 0.0001 second.
2-Paste ALL the entire sounds at the end of the song.
3-Apply some random effect to the entire song.
4-Go back to 2 until you have a song lenght you are ok with

Paul Kalkbrenner

I don't know about genre but I think the technique you're describing is known as overdubbing.

Drone

See: El Ten Eleven

>Like songs that loop over and over and don't change other than more elements being added on top?

Techno

There's a lot of synthwave people who work with loops, you might want to look up perturbator and Dan Terminus.

But take this as a warning, the loops are not the center of their songs, they just work with loops sometimes.

I'm talking about the album, not the easiest method. I don't know how he made three different sounds with one mixer. The best I can do is two if I pan it.

you are describing a songwriting technique, not a genre

post-rock

Dude, check out Dustin Wong:

youtu.be/j1PuWrE9nKY

Yes. It's called a Passacaglia, and the single-most famous example was written by Bach:
youtu.be/1atQFLYbzuk

see

Depends on your mixer, I guess.

Thank youuuu

House really. Hell, that's the whole premise of the genre really.

plunderphonics

see
The lack of knowledge itt about classical musical forms is disheartening desu

That's not a buildup, it's just sampling.
OP were you talking about people such as Zoe Keating?

I thought about answering with a passacaglia but I interpreted OP's question to mean strict layering.
Like link related
youtube.com/watch?v=9xZUISErsxg

>expecting anyone on Sup Forums to know about music
that was your first mistake

The King of Limbs

From a music theory/structure standpoint they are exactly the same thing. "Silly" game music or not, that song you posted also legitimately counts as an example of a Passacaglia.

Not that I don't see your point, but aren't I on Sup Forums as well?

* aren't I on /mu as well?

> that song you posted also legitimately counts as an example of a Passacaglia.
Not that I disagree with you, but I was having a hard time coming up with passacaglias (or rather, passacaglias that call themselves passacalgias) that truly fit the description. There's a wealth of video game music that does it however, even though you wouldn't hear all of the layering in one sitting in-game.

good stuff