>Aviation Thread
> Whats your favorite aircraft Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mo_DMGc2v5o
youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jimbo

Focke-Wulf Fw 190

This bad boy. German engineering at it's finest. What could ever go wrong with a vehicle so safe?

There's this world war 2 aviation convention about an hour from me every June, its called world war 2 weekend in reading pa. I went up in a pt 19 navy trainer. It was an awesome ride. While we were flying a biplane passed us. It was a cool experience.

youtu.be/Mo_DMGc2v5o

> OP here ya i love flying the only thing that bothers me is the cost of it.

A10 Thunderbolt II

Baddest motherfucker there is.

Vought F4U Corsair

The Antonov 225, one of the most amazing marvels of flight imo.

AGREED!

The Lockheed L-1011 TriStar was also a cool one for its time, though its story is rather depressing.

>though its story is rather depressing.
why?

Shame they got rid of them without a replacement.

They’re still in service.

> The plane i posted original in the thread is an antonov.

> The Russians know how to build their planes.

Lockheed Martin produced a sleek, quiet, and advanced aircraft, however the companies that had requested it no longer needed it, so it really never came into service for long.

Did they?

damn

hmm there are alot of cases of that happening through the history of aviation

Cutlass

Love seeing the C-130 fly over my house

Don't the blue angels have a c-130

it always makes me nervous and i wonder if ww3/zombie outbreak is starting

yeah fat albert

It is not, though.

> Any of you robots actually pilots.

TR-3B. I've seen one of those motherfuckers.

not yet, anyway.
not yet...

MOTHERFUCKING JIMBO MY NIGGA

There’s always hope.

@all
Cool thread anons

> Idk im in the process right now ive got about 5 hours in my log book nearing that dreaded solo.

> This is also my first thread am i a trash op

They still run pretty regular. I hear them blowing by my house fairly often. Live near camp David so a10s and Chinooks are a weekly if not daily occurrence.

ror

I drew this imaginary 9-passenger turboprop autogryo in Mspaint. Gib it a decent paint scheme.

Example

But can it fly?

Let's find out

That's all you need bro, looks good to me.

The most I can contribute is sound effects. But since I don't do that vocaroo shit, you're going to have to use your imagination.

British aviators John Alcock and Arthur Brown made the first non-stop transatlantic flight in June 1919.

Autogyro's are basically giant metal maple tree seeds. The rotor is not connected to the engine and provides lift through autorotation (the same way that maple tree seeds "helicopter" slowly to the ground without thrust.

A conventional powerplant is required for forward thrust, either in a pusher or tractor configuration. The rotor is angled back slightly and begins to spin via the air passing through it.

> Op here how is this

F4U Corsair. The dihedral is iconic. But the P-51's laminar flow design is epic. youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo

But user, they said "imaginary." It was a concept drawring. I know what an autogyro is, I was wondering if user's could fly. Thanks for dropping the knowledge bomb though.

Mil Mi-24.

Me and my dad got a model of it when I was in high school. Personally I think its one of the fucking coolest looking helicopters out there. Something about it is so aggressive and dangerous. Good times.

I'd take that to 'nam

Be honest. How many of you are on the autism spectrum?

go fuck yourself

about tree fiddy

> Be me high functioning autist
> Becomes pilot for airline
> Makes 300,000 a year
> No longer wage fag

Well that's one for sure. Who else would like to come forward?

you post like a fag and your shits all retarded

jk but why are you greentexting like that?

a boatjetcopter?

I'm just fucking board!!!!

>gets girls swooning over me because I am captain man
>no idea how to talk to girls
>girls are disappoint because of lack of knowledge of social cues
>am lonely
>feelsbadman

wait what
cool

why the cankles

honestly i made this thread to avoid school work

/thread
Later autists

Oh no its deteriorating like all threads

I like the Stuka too, but I hope you don't think it was a good plane.

No, well...I don't know anything about that. I've been singularly fascinated with the stuka since i was a child.

the whole reason i liked the antonov is because nothing is more fun than a big hunk of metal that has no business in the air.

It's an interesting plane for sure. It's water cooled engine wasn't very powerful and so the plane wasn't able to travel very fast. It also had poor rear armament and was unable to defend itself very well. that said it did have an interesting automated system to pull itself out of a dive at a certain altitude after dropping a bomb. unfortunately, this system pulled the plane into a 45 degree angle climb, which made its poorly armored wings and underside an easy target. before the RAF shut the Luftwaffe out of England, very large numbers of Stukas were lost to English Anti-Air. that said, it was still an effective and at the time innovative aircraft, being dedicated to the role of Close Air Support. while it wasn't necessarily a good plane, it was a fascinating place.

t. plane autist who has no one to talk to about planes.
if I had to pick a favorite plane it'd be the A6M2 Zero, which is by no means a good plane either.

Why no spooky

United Flight 93

>pic only partially related

pls be a true story
i want to be a pilot really badly, but i read that you need to be kind of an alpha chad personality, which i am not.

you don't need to be alpha, you can be deaf and get a private pilots license

very interesting, thanks for the info. And the Zero's a fucking cool plane, too. Most planes lose their interest to me after the ww2-types, but those babies...they always call to me.

the bird of daath

Im doing my private pilot and im very betta

ok this helps
how old were you when you started going to school for it?
i was afraid of flying my whole life, and finally flew for the first time just 2 years ago, and it was amazing. Takeoff is one of the best feelings of my entire life. Now i want to be a pilot so bad

nice

well i recenyly started im about to go to college i will have my private by summer then from there i will get my 4 year degree and my checkoffs and other certifcates in university. I just want flying to be my career but right now i fly a cesna 172 and a eronka champ but my dream plane is a beach craft baron.

personally i was 22 but i knew people that were 16.
It's mostly about sticking with the material and obviously paying for it

>United Flight 93
do you think its true that the military actually shot it down?

Avro Arrow, best jet of its day but program squashed by political pressure from murica. Those faggots couldn’t accept Canada having better jets.

ya learning to fly is expensive but if your interested you should take an exploratory flight just look for an instructor or flight school in your area.

I'm partial to this one since it's the one I trained on.

>dat glide ratio

monstrous power in the diamond

Plus the eastern airlines crash in the Everglades didnt help

you trained in a diamond damn thats fast the the old 172 feels like a go cart some times.

always enjoyed a good p38

though at airshows as a kid the p51 had such a gnarly sound