Do you see a therapist?

Do you see a therapist?
Does it help?
Interesting story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RuaqdB8A-BA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't do jack shit just keeps telling me I need to get a job, doesn't understand I have constant paranoia, I dropped outta School (mainly cause I'm dumb, always did special classes) I have extreme anxiety, ADD and loads of other issues. He met me few times and thinks he knows me entirely.

My psychiatrist doubled as a therapist. 45 minute therapy sessions at every appointment where we'd talk about random bullshit that never led anywhere. Though the madman did give me 4 tablets of soma a day for almost 5 years before dying of a stroke. He was my favorite doctor.

in my experience if a psychiatrist (NOT therapist, true, MD, psychatrist) is willing to spend that much time, consistently, with one patient, he musta really wanted to help you user

I was lucky enough to meet such an angel of a woman when i was 15 because of my mental illness. 5 years later I am happy to say that i was lucky enough to meet her. She has guided me so much and i aspire to hold her wisdom one day. Therapy can be so helpful if you find a good therapist due to the fact that, unfortunately, a lot of therapists can be shit. Goodluck if you consider it, i hope you find someone like the psychologist i have met in my times of crisis.

This.

Yes, yes, and no it’s pretty boring.

ive seen multiple therapists and i feel worse than ever ive given up its a waste of money for me, also a fun lil story
>tried to kill self
>school gets a bit rattled
>get told everyone is sad
>put on zoloft
>girl i know just said she was suicidal (a basic Stacey im so depressed lol xd type)
>she gets to take time off passes courses on just the fact she is sad
>gets free shit from cafe for being a sad person
>mfw

I used to see a psychologist, did so for a good 3 years when i was in college.

it helped to have someone i could tell all my shit, all the shit i didn't tell anyone and know he couldn't tell anyone.

he also gave me so good life advice with family issue and time management.

If you ever want to talk to someone, i recommend it, it helps

Yeah, that was my impression after he died. I had 3 other psychiatrists in as many years after that, and they didn't give a shit about anything. "Hello, how are you, here's your meds, off you go." The old man was senile as shit, but I think he genuinely cared.

On the bright side, that was almost a decade ago, and my problems have been resolved for a few years now.

>Do you see a therapist?
Yes.
>Does it help?
No.
>Interesting story?
I routinely beat him in chess.

>I did at one time, not anymore
>No, that's why I don't go anymore.
>Not really other then I took SSRIs and I couldn't fucking jerk off at all.

I tried therapy for like a mouth didn't really help me but its different for every one i would suggest you try it if you are thinking you may need it

wow thread already died

>Australian
>Therapy sessions go on your file.
>Can't own firearms if you're a mentally unstable pussy faggot

Even if I was fucked up I bottle it up just so I get to keep firearms

or because you aren't weak

that too

Move to America friend, we always have room for gun lovers and defenders of freedom

And crazy people

Similiar to this I had a weird childhood where I wasnt taught how to establish relationships well and had a lot of abandonment issues on top of other things. Basically meant i got isolated hard. Had to see 2 therapists before (the first one was extremely stereotyped, 2nd one was hot, last one was old)

The therapist i had (the old one) had similiar issues and explained things to me instead of trying to be a therapist. Basically she fulfilled the role of a nurturing hand and helped me understand not only relationships but my own feelings too. On top of that she also helped pick out some strengths that i didnt know I had. Im studying psych now and hope to be like her for someone else one day. She offered me a job at one point in our therapy but I dont know how serious she was since it's an all female clinic and when I asked her that she said thats she's been wanting to hire a male

Looking back i was particularly tough to handle cause i have this really awful ability of picking out peoples insecurities. But yeah despite all the rude and mean shit i said she stuck it out and helped me when everyone else had written me off and Im grateful beyond words.

Im back to my second therapist now since they both work in the same practice. My goal is to get her comfortable enough with me so that she can let down her guard. I figure if I can do that with a therapist then a normal girl wouldnt be so difficult.

As far as therapy itself goes, if you find the right person for you (generally someone who doesnt scare too easy and knows what they're doing) its brilliant. The peace that comes with succesful therapy is beyond explanation

I'd fucking love to. I don't really have any solid work qualifications though. Just been doing various labor jobs my whole life. Abattoir, warehosuing, marble/granite kitchen benches. Would I find work?

Made me laugh for what ever reason.

I love you user, just know that

I am a therapist. Will answer questions for a minute or two if anyone has any

Ill bite, basically all my friends, I cannot stand them. Conversations are so mundane and I feel like I'm constantly stuck on repeat whenever I talk to any of them.

I do have my close friends, and I love them, but ALOT of my 2nd circle friends, whom I'd still consider close, I just can't stand them.

I'd rather be alone most of the time, while it is lonely sometimes, I'd still say it beats socializing with people I don't really care about.

Is this just part of growing up (23 y/o), or should I make a better effort to socialize, and just stop being so cynical about everything?

Can’t tell you what to do but you seem like you think you are better than others. You might be. But also attitudes like that tend to create lonely people. And yes it is a common adolescent young adult thing

I always wonder if your ability to understand people better than most people understand themselves affects your life outside of work.
My counselor told me it's relatively simple to compartmentalize it as your work, but I don't see how you could not use your professional skills to understand people more effectively.

It seems almost like a super power. I imagine it's all for the best and mostly helpful in relationships and in raising kids, idk. It's something I always wonder about

I can understand people better. But the truth is I don’t care enough to put the effort in. If there is something you do for work most people don’t also do that on their time off

ill be going to one soon
my father has schizophrenia and i think im in the prodromal phase

I do.
Yes it helps, more than I initially thought it would.
No, it is boring. More boring than my job as a matter of fact

I do feel that way, but I am aware of it.

Alot of people around me on a daily are just plain stupid, which is a cause of this attitude.

But I do try and remember, even though I think I'm a smart individual, that there's always someone smarter than me.

I will add alot of my old friends have bad habits, and since I've been back in school and getting ahead of them now, I see them for the negative's that they carry.

Yes
Yes
No

It's kind of rough socially but I think most people are kind of dumb. I know everyone wants to believe they are above average, but that's not really what I think about myself, I just feel like everyone else acts kind of mindlessly and without common sense, maturity or patience. People don't like to communicate. idk
Everyone just, pursues immediate gratification. Most of my actual friends are people I think are smarter than me, and or kind and patient. idk

How mentally I'll am I based on my video I made trashing my lpc? And yes they banned me from the property for this video

youtube.com/watch?v=RuaqdB8A-BA

Thats a good way to put it, user. Alot of my old friends are like that.

They don't actually "talk" they just "report".

It’s not just that there are people better than you. It’s that even “stupid” people have value and don’t deserve to be looked down upon. It’s a sign of an immature person to put others down for their shortcomings.

I’m not watching your video sir.

post your problems here, at least anons will be honest and say they dont care. and its free.

I'd say I don't act upon those feelings though. I don't go around telling people off, or putting people down.

But I guess the initial thought itself could be considered immature.

If you don't watch the video your wife will get raped and murdered or your husband will be shot in the head

Yes it also has impacts in your life and the way you view and tread others (even if not overtly)

I'll make a note to work on it, thanks for the advice, user.

Your a fraud you font know shit nigger lover

Bullshit. My step grandma has clinical depression and is on anti depressants and she could still own guns and goes to firing ranges.

Your grandma is a fucking faggot

Yes
It actually helped more than I expected.
I'm schizophrenic, and once saw a therapist other than my usual one. The poor lady was trembling -- I guess university psychologists rarely deal with schizos.

She legally shouldn't.
>Could still own guns
So she doesn't actually own any? If she applied for one she would get knocked back. Renting firearms at the range usually includes a personal safety officer at your side so I'm not sure about that part.