Why was Hector such a coward that Achilles had to shout several times for him to show up?

Why was Hector such a coward that Achilles had to shout several times for him to show up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vHVNv7O03T4&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=NQ62frK74u0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He was afraid of Achilles. Everybody knew him as this unkillable warrior

He knew he was going to die. Would you prefer he skipped?

Why didn't Legolas just fire the arrow at the Eye of Sauron to stop the invasion?

He's actually blind

It's realistic that it took a while to get down to him because in the movie he's standing on top of the walls of Troy, which are depicted as being like 3 miles high.

Why were the Turkroaches portrayed as the good guys in the movie?

He was underachiever

Why didn;t an archer take him out mid-battle?

I swear, if historic civilizations weren't so honor bound, shit would be drastically different.

>3 mile high walls

I don't think you have a concept of that particular unit of measurement user

Hector was the single most based character in that movie. He literally did NOTHING wrong and paid for everybody else's mistakes with his life.

>fucking asshole brother caused the war
>fucking asshole priest made him attack the beach

True.

If he was a little more selfish he would've been king.

did you see his place ? it takes a while to get there bro

He was hard of hearing

>be near Achilles' power level (a literal demigod)
>be smart and wise in both warfare and leadership
>be true to your wife and honorable
>be respected and known by virtually everyone in the known world
>be the only man ever to fight 1v1 against a demigod and put a scratch on him
>die with dignity

vs

>hurr muh cousin muh boipussy is dead
>hurrrr durrr

>such a coward
>fought the best warrior of his time
>fought well
You're from Sup Forums right?

Besides Hercules himself, no man was on Achilles' level in these Greek mythologies.

Well Hector was at least 80% of Achilles' power level, and he was just a human.

>be Diomedes
>fuck up Apollo and Aphrodite
>have your name be forgotten

>Hector was at least 80% of Achilles' power level
"No."

Wasn't this an achilles who just had his best boy pucci mudered by hector? He was pissed and out for blood. He would have had a better chance fighting a terminator.

because Brad Pitt got paid more and hated working with Eric Bana. Eric Bana wanted to leave the movie early so he could go work on the Hulk movie, so they had to kill off his character.
Originally , Hecktor and Brad Pitt team up and take over Greece, just like in the book.

There were no Turkroaches in Anatolia in those days you retard. Turks will still fucking goats on the Asiatic steppes at the time.

Wasn't Patroclus the son of Achilles?

There were no modern day Greeks in Ancient Greece either.

He knew he was going to die, he was saying goodbye to his loved ones. Fuck achilles, he was an asshole

>falling for this old meme

In the movie they made Achilles a super fighter, but in the poem he literally just had god mode turned on, and was constantly a fucking asshole about it

Every 5th Trojan was named Hector, he wasn't sure if he was calling for him or not.

Didn't the gods just have a borner for Achilles?

Because fighting Achilles meant certain death?

No, they were lovers

This idiot said 3 miles high.....boy boy boy. ....

I haven't seen this movie, but after Patroclus dies, does Achilles kill so many Trojans that their bodies damn a nearby river and cause it to be redirected?

Well, in The Illiad, Hector literally runs away from Achilles before thinking this and facing him:

"My doom has come upon me; let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter"

Hector was the very definition of a brave man

Hector was the greatest fighter that Troy had to offer but Achilles could literally solo Gods.

One of his epithets was "mankiller"

Not quite but in the film he does go mad and kills dozens of Trojans. This and his reputation as a warrior and the fact that he is part god is basically why Hector doesn't want to fight to him. Also Hector knows that if he dies Troy will surely fall and his family will be killed, his wife raped etc. Pretty fucking dumb question from the OP in all honesty since theres so many valid reasons for him not to want to fight Achilles.

Hector knew he fucked up. He was scared. He knew the consequences of killing Achilles best boipussy. He angered a demigod. His family and all of Troy knew he fucked up big time. Boipussy is more valuable in Greece and Rome than any known valuable or currency. You don't fuck with a Greek mans boipussy. Especially iif that person is Achilles.

Modern greece has virtually no connection with the (Hellenes)of the ancient world.Any serious scholar will tell you this is true.Modern greece was founded in 1824,and the population largely consisted of transplanted albanin and slavs as well as christian refugees from the old Ottoman emmpire.Conidering that the Athenian city state was in its prime roughly 2300 years ago,and began its fall after Alexander the Great invaded in 325 BC.The very word "Greek" is a misnomer in that it was never used as a self description by the peoples who occupied that pennisula during their era .Modern Greeks got their name during the mid-nineteenth century,mostly from European writers and intellectuals who wished to ressurect the glories of Ancient Athens and its Golden Age.Sorry but this is the truth and no amount of wishing can change the fact that in terms of culture ,history ,language and DNA,the modern Greek state has nothing to do with the old.

I don't think you guys quite understand how much of a fucking badass Achilles is.

For starts, he's half God, but that's not even the big part.
His mother (a Goddess) was prophesized to be a consort of Zeus and produce a son greater than his father.
This was a big part of Greek mythology. Zeus was the latest in a line of sons overthrowing fathers.
Kronos overthrew Ouranos and Zeus overthrew Kronos. And there were all kinds of prophesies about Zeus having a son that would overthrow him as well.
Like there was his first wife, Metis, who was going to have a son that would overthrow Zeus, so Zeus consumed her while she was pregnant, but that didn't stop the baby from developing and exploding out of Zeus' head. As it turns out it was just Athena, who was great, but as a woman couldn't overthrow Zeus.

Anyways, Thetis was going to have a super-baby, greater than Zeus. So the Gods schemed to have her fuck a mortal instead. The result was Achilles.

So he's not just half-God. If he were fully God, he's be greater than Zeus.

But that's not all.
After he was born, his mother, a Goddess, wanted him to be immortal so that she wouldn't need to outlive him.
So she schemed to make him full immortal like herself.
Different stories have different schemes.
One was immolating baby Achilles in a holy fire so that his human side would be burned away, leaving only his Godhood.
The other more famous one was dipping him in the River Styx, which made all his body immortal except for the part she was holding (his famous heel).

That's just his birth. He has a whole life of constant improvement.

The moral of the story is if Achilles is coming for you to fuck you, you run away or accept death.

And there weren't any classic Greeks in Greece at the time of Troy. Just Mycenaeans.

>>be near Achilles' power level (a literal demigod)

Nah, he was an excellent warrior, the best of the Troyans, but Achilles was a demigod, at Hercules` level. As Hercules was strong, Aquilles was skilled in battle.

Mycenaeans were the true Hellenes.
Dorian invaders are impostors

>Achilles and Wukong will never meet each other and do epic battle for eternity in your life time.

Hectorfags pls. He sure did provide some entertainment for the GODLIKE Achilles, but he wasn't even close to defeating him.
The only reason war lasted so long was because Achilles didn't really give a fuck about it and barely got involved. He could probably solo entire Troyan army.

Going to a duel you can't possibly win is stupid, not brave

yes hello proofs

You can't.
>He could probably solo entire Troyan army.
He more or less did.

then why did he fight him?

The war lasted so long because the sons of Atreus are both idiots.
If clever Odysseus was the leader of the Achaeans then it would have been over years sooner

why is achilles such a fag?

>Getting everyone killed for the vaginal Jew
Fuck Paris

The hilarious thing is that Scamander/Xanthus is described as attacking Achilles as a literal river.
Like he's not fighting a river god avatar, but like the river itself.

I'm just imagining Achilles having a hissy fit in the river splashing around

>yes hello proofs
Well there was this one guy, Socrates, who thought that they were a perfect image of romantic love.
But what does this "Soccer Trees" guy know anyways

It was the gods that did it.
It's always the gods

Besides, Menelaus was a ginger. So fuck him

>YOU NOW FACE DAIYOMEDES
He's a based space marine and a meme, at least.

>I'm just imagining Achilles having a hissy fit in the river splashing around

>soccer tress
>not so crates
Come on

That is not proof. That is one guy's interpretation of a story.

As long as it's Brad Pitt as Achilles hurling his phone at the river and shit

You are aware that Achilles never actually existed, right?

In regards to love? Not much, considering Aristotle made Socrates look like a virgin faggot regarding true love. But that's irrelevant to what you're trying to prove.

he's tricked by athena who takes the form of his brother and persuades him to fight after he keeps running away from achilles because he knows he's fucked

I don't think he does, lel

Next he'll tell us Spartans and Athenians weren't massive boyfuckers

It's not even about being gay, to them it was just a custom, just like back then small dicks were considered royal, that's why you always see statues having small penises

Small dicks weren't about being royal.

Dick size was symbolic for barbarism.
That's why centaurs are centaurs and Satyrs have giant cocks.

Penises were representative of your animal desires (i.e. wanting to fuck everything).
It's not a literal thing.

Whatever, something of the sort.

That's why I called it a story.

Athena was such a cheating cunt.

I'm just waiting for the day when photoreal CGI is possible and a proper Trojan War movie is made
One that doesn't pussy out about all the violence and bloodshed

Don't you talk shit about the grey-eyed Tritogeneia.
Athena best Goddess.

He was quite the lad.

Hector v. Aragorn in a duel

Who wins?

That shit's tough. I have to go with Hector because Aragorn benefited from plot armor a lot. And I think the classical warfare is more savage than what Aragorn is used to.

Based as fuck minor character.

youtube.com/watch?v=vHVNv7O03T4&app=desktop

Shut up Greek. You fags only won because of constant interference and help from the gods.

Aragorn wins because of better equipment.
Iron>Bronze

Iron ringmail would be such an advantage.

If Aragorn can sing, he will win.

You Asian niggers had the fucking GOD OF WAR on your side and you still lost.

How do you lose a WAR when you have ARES' help?

Armor won't protect you from either spear or sword bro. It doesn't really work that way.

And Aragorn doesn't even have a shield...

>And I think the classical warfare is more savage than what Aragorn is used to.
I'll have to disagree m8. There's nothing more savage than uruks and orcs whose sole purpose in life is to kill, pillage, and destroy. Those fuckers were bred for war.

Hackson might have fucked with the lore in LOTR but he was dead on with how intense and savage the battles were and Aragorn's prowess in warfare.

Iron ringmail would stop a bronze spear flat.
Bronze is a very soft metal.

Not if it's hurled by Hector. The force of that would easily penetrate mail.

>implying Zeus didn't favor his little girl over the God of Jobbers

Hector was only human and knew if he faced a demigod he would die. So he bid farewell to his wife and baby child. It takes time.

I'm sorry but that's not even close, even disregarding equipment.
Aragorn wad literally superhuman.

>implying that Apollo, lord of the silver bow, is not most favoured of all Zeus' children

>Aragorn wad literally superhuman.

No he wasn't. Numenorians weren't superhuman.

I just rewatched this recently. God damn it Paris is annoying

WTF were the Greeks smoking thousands of years ago to come up with such ridiculous Reddit fanfiction-tier mythology for their gods?

They lived for 200 years.

One of the best fight scenes ever desu
youtube.com/watch?v=NQ62frK74u0

That's pretty tame as far as Greek mythology goes.

I mean, Aphrodite is sometimes said to created from the bubbling foam of a decomposing sky-cock that was cut off by Zeus' dad hiding in his mom's vagina waiting for it to penetrate her.

But that doesn't give them superhuman strength. They were larger and more powerful than regular humans, yes, but no way superhuman.

>Cultureless shart in mart detected

This thread makes me sad I dropped the Illiad halfway through. I really enjoyed it too.

Well it didn't go anywhere. You can finish whenever

The Odyssey is good too.
Aeneid is shitty Roman fanfiction though.

obviously because he knew he was going to get slaughtered and so he had to say all his goodbyes

you should try watching it

>Father was so fucking sperg-mad at the seven against thebes he ate the brains of the guy he killed and forefitted his immortality

Mycenaean/bronze age greek armor is my jam for how eclectic and varied it looks. part of that is due to our lack of material and having to interpret less than clear vases compared to the classical period, but it's still coo.

I didn't say he was grom krypton dumbass, I just said superhuman, ie he had better stats than hector who was just a strong dude, and since he was also twice his age and hung out with elves it's safe to assume he was much more skilled as well.