Does liking the occasional top 40 song make me a normie pleb?

Does liking the occasional top 40 song make me a normie pleb?

I don't know. What are some top 40 songs you like?

not the liking, but the hearing it in the first place

I like a few top 40 songs here and there. I'd say we all do whether we like to admit it or not.

Probably not a normie, but having to ask this in the first place definitely makes you a pleb.

sneed
Sneed
SNEED
SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED

There's no shame in finding one catchy, they're literally engineered to be as catchy as possible. That's the biggest reason I don't like top 40 pop. I mean sure sometimes they sound good, but they sound good because they play off of really simple reward structures in our brain, not because they're creative or the product of careful passionate effort. They're like the loot boxes of music.

Why the fuck do you care?

Just enjoy what you enjoy.

Don't police your musical tastes just to appease the over-reactionary hivemind of retards on this board.

There's an occasional good one that tops the charts. No one should pretend that Somebody That I Used to Know wasn't a good pop song.

last top 40 sonq i genuinely liked was what do you mean

reminder that the sneed meme is.....

What's that one top 40 pop song right now with the electric guitar? I keep hearing this guitar everywhere but I don't know what the song is.

wild thoughts?

Oh yeah, that's it. A couple months ago, that and Ride by TOP, Believer by Imagine Dragons, and some song that sounded like Halsey but not which is most new female pop these days.

>didn't complete my statement
I meant those are all I heard a couple months ago.

...formerly chuck's

I think it's a Santana sample

Sounds like it. I didn't mind because I thought "at least someone's playing guitar in this" but it's not really that impressive to rip a riff from another song.

bump

Yeah it's not impressive at all. That's the only DJ Khaled song I've heard and based on that one, I don't think I'll be listening to any more

ooooh so that's what she's saying
it sounds like she's saying "white dust"

Level 1: Only listening to normie shit.
Level 2: Never listening to normie shit.
Level 3: Occasionally listening to normie shit and then sneering at Level 2 people about how they can't enjoy pop music as you segue between Kylie Minogue and Alvin Lucier.

the only good normie music is Kanye and Tay-Tay.
K-pop and anime soundtracks are where it's at.

I never understood this joke could somebody explain it to me

Level 0: K-pop and anime soundtracks

>Tay-Tay
fuck no

>in store today
>hear TTWIT on the sound system
Haven't heard this one in a while (at least not compared to back in 2000 when it was played on the radio 250x a day). I also reflected on how it's aged like dirt.

I honestly like Taylor Swift's new material.

thneed

Not even.

I'm ashamed to say that I have enjoyed the odd Drake song

It's that 90s adult contemporary sound with the opera vocal chicks that sounds very dated.

half the shit we listen to could be top 40 if it was marketed properly so no