Anyone else here sober? I quit drinking 4 months ago, it sucks, but I feel better

Anyone else here sober? I quit drinking 4 months ago, it sucks, but I feel better.

Never started.

No billy ray cyrus none of us drink alcohol except you retard

I go sober a few days before any job interview tighten up my shit, fail to get the job still and then go back to drinking. If I could get a job I'd quit otherwise it's the only way to dull the pain.

Hang in there, I noticed when I was drinking all the time I would get stuck in these bad ruts, one day I said fuck it and went cold turkey, best decision I've made, just need to will power to do it.

I've been sober for one month now. Indeed, I feel better too.

Quit today. Actually haven't had a drink for three days, but today I decided to quit. Wasn't anraging alky or anything, but it was getting too easy to down a couple of beers, got to feel normal. I want to try living without it for a while. Get in better shape. See how that goes.

I've been sober for 3 months. I don't feel better at all. I mean, medically I'm better and I guess psychologically I'm healthier but I'm forced to confront too many realities now, like that life is a numb, empty pit and there's nothing I can do to make an individual day any less painful except like...develop coping skills and have personal growth. I guess its better for me but part of me considers just going back to drinking myself to death.

Keep it going. I lost almost 34 pounds I'm 5'10 I weighed 195 in Sept 2017, as of today I weigh 16I started working out slowly, but it helps with the motivation

I'll be 5 years sober in June. The first year is the hardest. Sobriety becomes more worth it the longer you are sober. It's actually one of the only things about myself that I'm actually proud of, and that alone makes it worth it.

I've lost a lot of weight and my body feels a lot better. But is it worth facing life on life's terms and experiencing the fact that the universe is indifferent? I was self medicating my depression. Now I'm just NOT medicating my depression and I dont really believe in those meds.

All too familiar, friend. That really does go away.

Sober for 1 month, lost 14 pounds, stomach is flatter and not bloated, pooping solid poop instead of constant diarrhea (alcohol IBS), starting to get /fit/ again.

Been sober for 27 years now. Alcohol is the nigger kike poison.

Drinking for special occassions is ok, and maybe a glass of wine after lunch, but drinking regularly is degenerate.

Would trade 6 seconds of each hangover for 6 epochs of drinking.

I hope so. My biggest fear is that I'll give up, start drinking, and attempt suicide that same night like I did last time I got drunk. It needs to get better than this and I can't talk to anyone in recovery groups or doctors because they'll either tell me it's my fault (not working the program correctly) or send me to a loony bin. I don't want to die but I don't really like life sober yet and its been 90 days. I never got that pink cloud of sobriety.

Also, have no idea how people get suckered into downing liquor daily, tastes like literal piss of some leper in hell.

Sober since Sep 9 2016 so like 508ish days. Feels so good to be free from the liquid jew.

Sober for 3 months now.

Been on and off forever since I was 21. Almost 36 now. Last withdrawal was so horrific. had a full tonic-clonic seizure on the bus back from SFO to Reno. At the very end I was laid down in the middle isle and just lost control of my fingers and feet and this weird noise escaped from me. I went to on the floor and still couldn't move and felt really sore. The blacks in the bus were giving me orange juice and it pulled into the station and called an ambulance. I was able to crawl off the bus and handed the ambulance driver my papers so they could get my suitcase out. They gave me an injection in the ambulance of benzos and I was fine again and I received more at the hospital and totally fine after that.

I honestly don't think I can survive another withdrawal. My liver/kidneys are fine, but its my brain thats fucked. I've been to the ER 37 times total for alcohol and/or benzo withdrawal.

I go to meetings now and even with that scary as fuck experience, I caught myself having a beer again 21 days after, during the first time the ski resorts opened for winter.

Sober for a month from the ganja and tried to quit cigarettes at the same time but after a week I picked back up on smoking again. Days I think to myself that I don't need a cig then I tell myself fuck it because I've lost the fucks to give.
I have an older brother who's an alcoholic who lives with us now and he'll drink almost an entire 12 pack of Budweiser, loves Hurricanes and can down 40's like soda, caught him today about to smoke crack out of a foily and let him to it. He's about 6 years older than me and I've lost the willingness to care because it won't do much to tell my parents. Just don't understand how people pick up on bad habits such as drinking but we all have our poison I guess and can't cope with the amount of shit life has thrown at us.

>us
You'll start to drink with your underage friends once you're done being a faggot

4 and a half years here. stay strong bro. one day at a time.

you were in full fledged DTs bro. glad you got to a hospital because you could have easily died. hope all goes well for you in your recovery

Stay strong, seems like you have the willpower to overcome this. Just stay focused and you will look back at this one day as a chapter in your life and be happy with the decision to stay sober. Gods speed

appreciate that

I smoked Pot, Cigs, and drank very heavy from 25-28 I'm 31 now and quit everything. Sometimes your mental health is more important. Stay strong, you will overcome this.

no doubt

working on 4 years sober. not my first try, but i prefer life sober. the hard part was admitting that i needed to be sober. i woke up in a loony bin the night after my last drinking night. i remember this terror feeling of "if i drink again, i'll forget that i need to be sober... and i may never remember that i need to be sober again"

in the tough times i remind myself of that feeling. i don't know why i was lucky enough to get that feeling. but i hold on to it. i should have gotten that feeling when i had DTs/seizures/lost everything, but i wasn't ready.

good luck, op.

I've tried many times and have given up on it. Power to you man. I'm indulging enough for the both of us.

Only sober people here are 12 YO Murican kids.
The chan is depressing enough without been sober. If I had anything better to be doing right now I would.
I'm currently trying to figure out a plan to do fuck all, all day but I I can't think of one that won't just make me look drunk and lazy.

I think my best option Is to get 2 hours kip and go pretend I'm doing work.

I just got sick n tired of feeling like shit all the time. Waking up hung over, not being productive at work, getting pissy with friends and family. I had enough, that was all the push I needed to sober up. People have noticed a change in me, Also i'm not afraid to drive at night, cause i'm not a drunk retard.

>not a drunk retard.
Congratulations on solving the drunk part.
What's your plan on not been retarded though?

>Also i'm not afraid to drive at night, cause i'm not a drunk retard.

this is me with driving in the rain. i used to think it was hard and i was safer for pulling over. turns out i'm just not very alert and a good driver when i'm drunk.

WHO FUCKING KNEW?

By acknowledging my past wrong doings, reflecting on events in which I was out of line. It's the realization that has helped the most. Admitting I had a problem was the first step.

I'm almost at one year without alcohol.
I do however still smoke the occasional blunt.

Drink driving is easier than hungover driving.

Yea, I already done that.
Turns out drinking is more fun though.
It also makes it alot easier if you stay drunk.
You still upset people but you give less of a shit about it.

we have a general for this on /ck/, i suggest you chill with us.

I haven't drank since New Years, but my best buddy got me a vape pen for Christmas and I've been high almost every night since.

Of course drinking is more fun, makes all the pain go away. Sex is better, food is better, everything is more enjoyable. But the way I see it, it's not worth the hang over. Plus booze ain't cheap, I've saved thousands of dollars quitting, that's the biggest benefit.

I need to pretend I've been to sleep tonight before my mum gets home but I'll probs check it out later.
Thanks user.

Yes a weeks worth of hangover is aweful but there's a cure.... Keep drinking.

lmao. I appreciate you user

You believe in taking a depressant to treat your depression, but not an actual medication. Gotchya.

The meds don't work.
Alcohol isn't the best cure but it certainly stops you giving a shit whilst you're on it.

Find another group and find a sponsor who you can talk to. You may need some counseling, but first things first. 30+ years sober here, one day at a time. It does get better... drinking and drugs do not, or I wouldn't have quit either.

>Drinking on special occasions
>sober
Pick one.

i just smoke weed now

You may have to move to stay sober. Don't go down with the ship. Too hard to quit cigs at the same time...wait a year or so.

23 years sober here. Depression is a disease and self medicating with alcohol is like taking rat poison to lose weight. Go to a Dr and get antidepressants. They may give you side effects but they won't kill you like the alcohol.

Funny thing is after I chose to quit it got bad to the point I just moved out of my roommates and said fuck em I need peace to myself and what I get here isn't much different but I have more space to myself. I also live with avid smokers so it was an addiction I couldn't ignore when it was always around me. Weed on the other hand I have a mind over matter type thing with it even since my mom smokes it in front of me at the dinner table. Also need to get a better job so need to quit regardless

7+ days here OP. 7 Miserable fucking days. Feeling a lot clearer headed but I get no joy fro anything at all.

My best friend takes antidepressants and anxiety medicine and recently had it all stolen from him by some prick we knew. He can't get more medicine due to not having insurance so he has to go 4 months without them. He smokes weed often which makes me concerned but it's his way with coping I suppose even though he trips out alot

It will only get better, right now the toxins are getting flushed out of your system. It will take aprox 3 weeks for your brain to re establish all the connections that were damaged. Hang in there, it will be a lot better.