Were/are the cars a feminine band? Not sure if I should be listening to them as a straight guy

were/are the cars a feminine band? Not sure if I should be listening to them as a straight guy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NR3Pko6UsEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just know i couldn't get through that album. Made it like 3 songs in

I really only like Track 1.

They're from fucking Boston, how queer do you think Boston is?

>Pixies and Galaxie 500 are queers now

I definitely think of them as a late 70s/80s mom rock band. They have like 3 hits though

Most beige album to ever beige

They have that clean 80's rock sound that middle aged moms just love

>Aerosmith are gay/nu male
Come on now.

>album that came out in 1978
>80s

this album is amazing, you pussy.

Pixies were Amherst, moron
and I wasn't implying Boston was queer, it's the opposite and you'd know if you've ever been there

idk user they seem pretty homosexual

Moving in Stereo is God-tier

Cars are fucking great. The early stuff anyway.

It's masculine and assertive music. Especially for power pop.
Culturally, the 80s started in 78

The Cars [Elektra, 1978]

Ric Ocasek writes catchy, hardheaded-to-coldhearted songs eased by wryly rhapsodic touches, the playing is tight and tough, and it all sounds wonderful on the radio. But though on a cut-by-cut basis Roy Thomas Baker's production adds as much as it distracts, here's hoping the records get rawer. That accentuated detachment may feel like a Roxy Music move in the first flush of studio infatuation, but schlock it up a little and this band really could turn into an American Queen. B+

>Culturally, the 80s started in 78
No it didn't. Not until 81-82.

It started when disco died and gave way to more synth based music and the Carter administration. It ended in 91.

got this album for $1 on vinyl, but it's boring

>It started when disco died and gave way to more synth based music and the Carter administration
So, 1980? I mean, I don't think anyone would argue that the 80s had culturally started in 1978 when disco was dominating and everyone was walking around in three piece suits with gold chains.

The album is pretty good but just what I needed is one of the best songs of the 70s

Yo OP, How insecure are you about your sexuality on a scale from John Travolta to Elton John?

It wasn't however by the time Carter was president, some changes were in the air as the back to nature post-hippie mentality disappeared and a more sleek, technology-centric culture started appearing. New Wave was a reflection of that to a large extent.

Probably had to do with the event of computers and video games.

new wave started before 1980 you jagoffs, i was there

The term "New Wave" actually started first in England during the Summer of Punk in 1977; it referred to those punk groups who were able to play more than just three chord rock and most of these guys formed the post-punk movement. Later however, New Wave came to mean the slicked-back power pop groups of the late 70s-early 80s like the Cars and the B-52s

ben orr must have gotten some mad pussy tho. Im no homo but this is a good looking dude

Ric Ocasek is the most wooden singer ever, the guitar tracks are so sterile they might as well be replaced by harps, and the songs' subjects are astoundingly banal.

>Ric Ocasek is the most wooden singer ever, the guitar tracks are so sterile they might as well be replaced by harps
Welcome to New Wave. Enjoy your stay.

>it ended in 91
Agreed.

this albums is 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=NR3Pko6UsEk

spot the pleb

cars had two singers, both had tons of hits as the lead singer
ben orr and ocasek
elliot easton is one of the greatest guitarists of the 80s

Neither of those things are mutually exclusive with what I said.

My college roommate is the child of the blonde keyboardist

i remember hearing "My Best Friend's Girl" for the first time on the radio. It sounded like it came from the future and was sung by an alien. Totally electrifying.

what