What bands that are really known to the world but actually really bad?

What bands that are really known to the world but actually really bad?

U2. They're much worse than Coldplay honestly. Early Coldplay was quite good and they worked with Brian Eno on VLV.

Early U2 was quite good and they worked with Brian Eno on The Unforgettable Fire.

But Coldplay sounds like the Radiohead you love

>Radiohead you love
lmao

radiohead have made a career based around being as mediocre, watered down, and as inoffensive as possible.

I completely disagree with you, Coldplay is too simple every song is so simple and sounds the same, while Radiohead after the bends is so complex, and every song sounds very unique and creative. Coldplay is more like Keane and any other britpop bands

Avenged sevenfold. Anything after waking the fallen is pisswater

The Chad Chris Martin vs The Virgin Thom Yorke

Yeah... that’s not true. They’re great and have a lot of hits after that album... mr edgy

no?

Muse, Imagine Dragons

Hate that generic sound

Simple plan
Linkin park
Fall out boy
Maroon 5
Green day
Paramore
Oasis

How old are you? Or is English your second language?

ESL

Who actually rates Oasis? They're a fucking one hit wonder at best.

What a shit thread

What are good bands from where you're from?

Only few are at least 5/10, most of them are all shits. Only pop sells well, and no one knows about prog, psych rock or experimental. Most people my age only knows popular band from other country, which is actually bad, i've been there, thinking that Coldplay is the best in the world. But now i know that there is more than that. So yeah, the reason for this post actually

To me, once i go from Coldplay to Radiohead, i never look back again because the level difference is too high to compare

Well there's much more to music that Radiohead, friend. I find Radiohead are starting to sound more and more like Can who are worth checking out. Radiohead's earlier stuff has a kind of Pink Floyd seriousness to it, but you'd be better off checking out Soft Machine and Robert Wyatt.

coldplay is bad post 2005

>U2
>bad
>when War is a post-punk classic
>when The Unforgettable Fire is proto-shoegaze
>when The Joshua Tree is fantastic art rock
>when Achtung Baby was Kid A nine years before Kid A
>when Boy, Zooropa and the live version of Pop are easily 8/10
I know you haven't heard U2 outside of their All That You Can't Leave Behind era and that gives you a really bad perception of them, but seriously check out their stuff from the beginning. Radiohead are really big fans of U2, it can't be that bad after all, right?

Imagine Dragons is probably the worst really popular band at the moment.

kanye west
danny brown

fight me

I know dude, im still keep on digging into new music regularly. My point is is i get tricked into bad albums because they are popular and popular while there are actually better one our there. And yeah i listen to Can. I'm starting to get into better mysic now, while 5-6 years ago i mostly listen to bands who got posted here not realising they were bad after digging deeper to better made albums.

Coldplay is good. Wish edgy teenagers would get over it.

Forget. Im replying to this

'80s and early '90s U2 was a lot better than Coldplay ever wished for.

U2 is awful and has always been awful.

AC/DC fucking sucks. if i wanted to hear the same song over and over again masquerading as something different i would switch to a top 40 pop station.

Obvious Radiohead is obvious.

This. They were never post-punk, either.

Are you actually fucking retarded? Kid A? Amnesiac? TKOL? Go look at early Kid A reviews on amazon a shit ton of people hated it.

I hate what they became after Viva La Vida but prior to that they were a really quality middleweight rock band. Parachutes, X&Y and especially AROBTTH were great albums. Yes there was shitty shmaltz like The Scientist and Fix You in there but a lot of the deep album tracks are classics.

Imagine dragons