What do you guys think of KSI?

He's the biggest British rapper on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=uO0ZNHZ5F1E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=addABbm5VPo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_(song)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KSI_(entertainer)
youtu.be/yHFuH9pHPCg
youtube.com/watch?v=zNd2uPL0-Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=D3pnaWMfV9g
youtu.be/tQpKb0U800I
youtu.be/8xe6nLVXEC0
youtu.be/uqSrvt3skgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Great rapper, or at least for a YouTuber. Kilimanjaro, Lamborghini, Smoke and Mirrors and Friends with Benefits are pretty good.

>biggest British rapper on youtube
Fair enough, but Dan Bull is the best British youtube rapper
youtube.com/watch?v=addABbm5VPo

Preferred him when he was making rape faces, while scoring with Emile Heskey on Fifa.

I liked him better when he played obscure flash/indie games with his brother.

>He's the biggest British rapper
ok I'm interested
>on youtube.
nevermind go fuck yourself

how the fuck is he the biggest british rapper on youtube

>on youtube

I didn't even know there was a youtube "music" scene until that idubbbz video on him, normal people don't actually listen to this sort of thing or even know it exists, you'll never hear it on the radio or even at a party or in someone's car? so no it' not a thing, im sure your 13 year old chums link it to each other but outside of that it isn't a thing.

Black Lamborghini was a big song in the uk. So yes it is a "thing"

I want all youtubers to die tbqh

no it wasn't, you just live in a closed environment of 12 year olds talking about youtube videos

>The song reached number 30 on the UK Top 100, making the song his first top 40 hit and his third song to chart on the UK Top 100.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_(song)

gg retard

>number 30

lmao what a big hit, changed music forever

The charts would have been trying to be "hip" and current and took youtube plays into account so you and your 13 year old mates views would have put him at lol30 on the uk100

Where did the years go, friend?

I never said it changed music forever. I said it was a big song in the UK.
Idk why you're so bitter about it. Mad that YouTubers are more successful than you?

This

>u mad?

age confirmed and point confirmed

You do realize that at this point, YouTubers are becoming household names, right? KSI might not be as prevalent in the US as he is in the UK, but this isn't some clandestine niche hidden in the shrouded darkness of the internet. YouTube is by far the most popular website in the world, and PewDiePie going on late night television shows, Smosh, FRED and even the AVGN creating movies based on their personas, and YouTube rappers finally charting on the Hot 100 basically confirms this.

>. KSI released his debut EP Keep Up in 2016, reaching number one on the UK R&B Albums chart, as well as charting in several other countries.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KSI_(entertainer)

Yes nice deflecting. Your point failed. Stop being so mad at life.

They've never left, only hidden inside our hearts, friend.

> UK R&B Chart

So what was it on the top 100? you can't just keep making a list more specific till you get the result that you want

My point is that they're household names through 13 year olds on minecraft, no one actually listens to them outside this demographic, it's just that this demographic has a massive online presence, but they're extremely far away from being legitimate musicians and they'll never get to the point where they are.

I know you want the things you like to be seen as normal and legitimate but in this case it's not going to happen.

Can you read? Black Lamborghini was a different song. I was giving you another example of his accomplishments.

>it was a different song

I know and that had a subpar placing on a subpar chart so you posted another one and tried to manipulate the stats to make it seem more successful when it probably placed very similar to the first

Look you fucking teen, your youtube meme rapper isn't an actual musician, he's like a prank channel just based around music rather than pranks, even mumble rappers have 10x the legitimacy of whoever you're talking about.

I didn't manipulate any stats. These are all legitimate stats you fucking retard.
What make someone an actual musician? Someone who produces music for 40 year old virgins who horde collections in their basement?

everyone but youtube "rappers"

Nice argument.

That's not Little T

Well I already put forward a legitimate argument and all you did was say I'm mad and throw some baseless claims about, as you teens tend to do.

Go listen to your "musicians"

Your argument is that only 13 year olds listen to them so they're not real musicians.
I'm asking you to define a musician.
Please stop side stepping the argument and answer you genius.
Unless you actually can't because then you realize you make no sense.

Kek, I'm a bong and can confirm KSI is a household name but most people dont know he raps. Also his raps are just cringey as fuck songs with him shouting instead of rapping and every chorus is just one word repeated over and over.

>answer you genius

sarcastic ad hominem lmao can you stoop any lower in an argument?

Nice. Answer the question now?

please stop engaging with him. you're obviously right and you're just bumping this shit thread at this point

Oh yes you telling him he's right, makes him right.

how old are you just out of interest?

LOL you guys are unbelievable. How does age change anything in the argument?
If I say I'm not underage you reply "hurr you sure act underage"
Define a "real"musician? Is that so hard for you guys?

Nice. Answer the question now?

The question has nothing to do with the argument.
Try again.

>My point is that they're household names through 13 year olds on Minecraft, no one actually listens to them outside this demographic

2012 was 5, closing in on 6, years ago. YouTubers aren't pandering to just the kids and teens audience anymore (though many YouTube fan-bases comprise of this demographic). We're living through, if not already lived through, the massive rise of content creators overthrowing media such as movies, TV and video games. Have you slept inside a turtle's mouth during the PewDiePie controversies these last few months, when esteemed publications such as Wall Street Journal and the New York Times reported these debacles? Or how about a certain song receiving the #1 spot on the Hot 100 based on mere meme videos alone? Hell, the most popular music critic in quite possibly the world garnered his reputation via the video site, along with a hit piece targeted around his channel. To say that YouTube is essentially mainstream now would be an understatement, and this is coming from a guy who has used the site since its conception in 2005.

as azealia banks once said, british rappers can't rap

I don’t think of KSI.

And to elaborate a bit more on my point, there's a reason why Pentatonix, Walk off the Moon, Kurt Hugo Schneider and Christina Grimmie still get mentioned to this day. You just haven't thought of it yet.

pewpewdie has 100x the followers/watchers of these other guys it's a little differen't, he's the face of the entire sub-culture, it's like normies knowing about skrillex before dubstep was a thing.

Some meme rapper isn't a household name to normal people, and he never will be. You need to look at this from the point of view of someone who isn't caught up in the subculture (you)

A LOT of musicians aren't household names to "normal people" They are not real musicians?

You're not the poster I was replying to. Please go back and answer

no the problem is that people who make music on youtube aren't even known names to music industry insiders. The only people who know about the stuff that goes on on youtube are the people who actively follow what's going on on youtube, maybe this number is growing, and soon it will be big enough to truley consider these people household names, but I know for a fact that neither of parents would have any clue who pewdiepie is

I will answer if you explain what my age has to do with it.
My thoughts are you will only use it to belittle me to avoid answering questions that are actually relevant to the argument.
Why do you have to be so snobby and act like someone can;t be a real musician until they become the face of the media.

the entire art/music world is like that, what i listen to is better than what you listen to. the delusional people tend to flock to the same areas

I find it utterly ironic how YouTube, by far the most "normie" website on the internet completely perplexes you people. Sure, I will concede that most average citizens don't even so much as recognize a single video from both KSI and PewDiePie, but the thing is, both arose from foreign countries and still have beyond massive fan-bases, enough to create their own planets. And as for the rest of YouTube, there are at least millions of average citizens who have heard of "Gangnam Style" and "Friday" at least once. Hell, the former once held the most viewed video on the website of all time, garnering a staggering 2 billion views. News reports from all across the U.S. constantly discussed that video as if it were Michael Jackson. If that doesn't constitute as a "household name," then I don't know what will.

And millennials over the age of 20 play a factor in this as well. There has to be at least 15-20 million who watch YouTube on a regular basis. And let's face it, in the next few foreseeable years, these "meme rappers" (even though KSI began his career as a Let's Player) will become household names, if they haven't already.

I still think you're a bit caught up in your own perspective as a person who has an intrest in what's going on on youtube. If you went up to an average citizen and asked them about Gangnam Style or Friday I doubt they would really know what they are. Even if there was news coverage, it was a flash in the pan compared to everything else that goes on in the world and interests the average person. There is no one on youtube except people like Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel who are household names to most people, even as popular as they may be to the active internet user

what exactly is your point on them not being household names

>you say they are household names
>I disagree with this point
>I express my disagreement
that's the whole point

what i thought he played fifa

oh not the guy you were talking to just curious i thought it had something to do about that other guys saying they are fake musicians

No, they make music, they are clearly musicians. But to say any of them are relevant outside of their own little sphere is absolutely wrong

>normal people don't actually listen to this sort of thing or even know it exists

one of jake paul's tracks made it to billboard top 100 and was number 3 on itunes, so you're wrong about that

ah i see does being a household name make you relevant, also relevant in what? in changing music? u dont think that musicians who start out on youtube are the same as soundcloud rappers who become big shit in a few years

Ill just leave this here.

youtu.be/yHFuH9pHPCg

WTF? Less than 800k views? This guy is irrelevant and a nobody.
Billy your next door neighbor doesn't know him, he must make music for unimportant people.

everything everyone is saying is very clear. I don't know why you insit on being so daft

>youtube
It's shit.

>sees question
>haha this pleb is asking for clarity on a vary broad argument
>i will insult so I can seem superior and win internet likes
>mfw

>does being a household name make you relevant, also relevant in what?
This question is stupid. You're a fucking idiot who can't just accept that no one cares up your stupid youtube "culture"

sorry m8 idc if people don't like music from youtube, im just trying to understand why is there always people act like their musical tastes are superior. i don't like kpop im not going to go and say haha kpop is irrelavant bcus my co workers dont know so and so.
im asking for clarity not insults you cant have a conversation without behaving like an animal?

>im asking for clarity not insults
>you cant have a conversation without behaving like an animal?
youtube seems to be melting your brain

i rarely go on youtube im just doing this to understand the kids who think the music they listen to are from the gods and everyone else are peasants.

I don't believe you

oh my bad let me clarify my previous statement i meant to say i rarely listen to music from youtubers

but you can believe i have every ksi song on my playlist and is his number 1 fan

And your insecure because other people don't like the same thing as you? If you like something just like it, it's when you get all butthurt in the face of criticism that people get annoyed. Everyone here thinks everyone else has shit taste, just get over it

Are you insinuating that internet culture still has a long way to go to reach a plateau of mainstream relevance? I thought that a majority of people around the world use the internet in abundance. How large of an impact do you think internet has made in our society?

>i rarely listen to music from youtubers
>idc if people don't like music from youtube
> im just trying to understand why is there always people act like their musical tastes are superior.

>And your insecure because other people don't like the same thing as you?

How the hell did you pass grade school?

So veiws means good rapper? Are you retarded? Cardi B is a new emerging rapper and she most likely has more views than Danny Seth. But does that make her a better artist? A better person? Neither of them. So unless you're working for some high end record label looking for hot new talent, then your above stated opinion is not only trash, its unnecessary as well.

this is fuckin' retarded. seth the bedroom rapper is better than this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=zNd2uPL0-Ak

I was mocking someone in this thread that relies on that logic.
No need to apologize though

This.

Maybe that's a good question, because I have litteraly no idea what your trying to say with this post

should I clarify or
>everything everyone is saying is very clear. I don't know why you insit on being so daft

I think that post was more specifically talking about youtubers

By thinking daft is a relevant insult to me admitting my own misunderstanding you are just proving your own daftness

bro your fucked in the head
i asked a question that implies i had a misunderstanding then you respond with that
pls be a troll

See my post, YouTube is essentially the haven, or the kingdom of internet culture now. It's nearly impossible to use the internet without at least hearing about it or having a semblance of knowledge about it.

unless of course your a different person and I will apologize

nope same person, I called you daft because you seem to be purposely missing the point that people are making about the meaning of relevance and popularity and turning it into some weird argument about musicianship. Your other post, and maybe it was just the Sup Forums formatting, reads like utter nonsense

yes and I ask relvant in what way bcus influencing culture that makes youtube rappers big is relevant but him not being a household name makes him irrelvant so I ask for clarity. no one said he is the next eminem the thread is he a big britsh youtube rapper then arguments saying he not a real musician he is irrelavant blah blah blah
im just asking for clarity. there's a limit to the info you can get from text

I'm pretty sure you've been arguing with like 5 different people, so let me just summarize how I read everything in this thread: no one cares about youtube outside of youtube, that's it there's nothing more to it than that. I don't know why you can't just understand that

last time i checked youtube is one of the most visisted website in the world. no one cares about rap other than people who like rap. metal same thing, edm same thing. there is a whole lot more to it

but it seems i think you're stubborn
you think i'm stubborn

i will say gg have fun life

Could you reiterate that for me? I'm not , but what do you mean by "no one cares about YouTube outside of YouTube"? Do you mean people who don't actively use YouTube do not care a bit? Or people who use it ignore it in their real lives, and only mention it while using it?

women can’t rap

absolute twat

>he watches youtube videos

kek

god I hope this and OP are bait

Only interesting thing he's done:

youtube.com/watch?v=D3pnaWMfV9g

youtu.be/tQpKb0U800I
youtu.be/8xe6nLVXEC0
youtu.be/uqSrvt3skgQ

He is decent. Fairly technical and points for having autism.

He's OK, I prefer Stormzy.

Bump, because I like this thread.

You can go now, KSI

Is this the guy who did the “Ting” shit?

So can you, GudjonDaniel.