This movie is better than the prequels & RoTJ

I'm not saying it's great, TFA has so many flaws but at least it's watchable and that alone makes this movie better than prequels.

Also Kylo Ren is Anakin done right which is a good thing.

it's barely better than Episode II

but that's not hard

>better than ROTJ
Underaged memers and ewok butthurt faggots leave.

TFA and the prequels are shit

no it really isnt faggot

ROTJ wipes the fucking floor the tfa

and otah gunga alone is better then everything in tfa.

tfa might be the worst or attack of the clones

>tfw TFA was a great movie outside of some concepts being lazy throwbacks and Rey's character

>can't talk about it anymore

it didn't have any cringe, but it was too redundant and felt like a chore to watch

hopefully rouge one is better

>giving money to jews

>going to Spic One

The only thing it's better than is episode 2

And it's not because it's bad, it's because it gets heavy deductions for being uninspired and unoriginal

14 year old Lucasfags and Sup Forumstards can leave, this is a thread for intellectual beings.

No, it was pure shit. TFA was among the rock bottom worst that Star Wars has ever hit, and deserves to be buried in the same grave as the Christmas Special.

this

Reddit is the other way brother.

>tfa was a great movie
get some standards

Name a better scifi to come out in the last five years.

>inb4 ex machina

Not him fucking shut the fuck up. TFA is garbage, how you can watch it and not SEE the fucking cliche piece of junk it is i dont know. its entirely hamfisted fan service and the only effort is put into jokes

>It was great aside from throwbacks and Rey
Ignoring that that's about 60% of the intended appeal right there, literally nothing else in the movie even comes close to making sense.

>Grizzled Scoundrel Han takes the Galaxy's Most Wanted straight into a place he knows is filled with the galaxy's scum and could have any number of informants in it
>Maz adds on top of it by announcing their presence to everyone, in a limp attempt to enforce that Maz and Han know eachother which could've been done any number of ways that doesn't paint her as a moron
>Starkiller Base's weakpoint that everyone knows about is literally just beneath the surface, meaning the only thing that protects the base from bombardment is the shield, yet officers who can turn it off walk around without guards, bend over backwards at the sight of a senile old man, a walking carpet and a janitor, and there is no one on the entire planet who can turn it back on once someone turned it off without permission
>First Order hell bent on locating a fragment of a map from a disc goes out of its way to blow up everything where the disc is, from a rebel ship that could have the disc in it, to a scavenging outpost that has the droid they're looking for in it, all the way to a massive cantina that they expect the droid to be in
>First order is established to get the big piece of the map, but for some reason, despite their resources being enough to build Starkiller base, and for Snoke to barely lift an eyebrow at its loss, they curse the day, because they can't locate Luke Skywalker without knowing exactly which one of the 3-5 star systems missing from the map he's in, despite probe droids being a thing since before most of the audience were a pleasant tingling in their father's balls

Don't tell me that Rey and the throwbacks are what make TFA stupid

>star wars 7 comes out and people like it
>Sup Forums hates it
>skip forward
>people start to realize star wars 7 sucked
>south park releases episode saying it sucked
>Sup Forums now loves it

never change Sup Forums

>name a better scifi movie
Star wars is a western samurai fantasy comedy space opera. It's not scifi. That your problem get some standards.

JJs fucking star trek movies were better star wars flicks than the force awakens was

I'm sorry for having fun.

This what the fuck

The Force Awakens is shit

>spaceships
>lasers
>robots
>not sci fi
not him but you're special kind of stupid aren't you?

Apology accepted

>Science Fiction is dead
>This means that anything with lasers in it that is mildly enjoyable is great

wow you really are fucking retarded its fantasy, nothing in it is remotely science fiction its all fantasy. nothing is discussed for it to be scientific in the first place. it takes place in space. doesnt mean its scifi

Specifically like i said its a western samurai, fantasy, comedy SPACE OPERA

>all these buzzwords
>autistic teenager rage

Careful with that edge young one.

>Thinks that genres and setting archetypes are the same thing
not him but you're a special kind of stupid aren't you?

Memes aside, the definition of Science Fiction got fucked in the ass over the past 4 decades.
Jules Verne, Utopia, First Men in the Moon, Asimov, etc is Science Fiction, because the story is about the scientific possibilities and their consequences. Not just "whatever" with some fancy tech sprinkled around as the easily replaceable thingamajig that progresses the plot

hes right daisyfag and you are an underage faggot

This Star Wars is fantasy space opera not scifi

>hes
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

>Star Wars is sci-fi

I know normies believe this but what the fuck?Even in here?

Lucas was jealous of his visionary friend aka Cameron so he tried to make Star Wars sci-fi with prequels.That's why midi-chlorians sucks.

im 25

its only good if you like SW. Apart from that its shit.

Were you held back?

I'd say it's on par with Revenge Of The Sith. Both fairly decent but nothing special.

The exact same thing happened with The Phantom Menace back in 1999. People bought into the hype so much that they refused to accept that it was bad. Now that the hype is dying down, people are starting to realize just how terrible it really is.

no i actually started a year eariler

earlier*

In TFA the Empire was the underdog, right? The good guys were in charge of the galaxy and ran shit, so why, when push came to shove, did they send a couple dozen X-Wings rather than nuke Starkiller Base? I'm sure the Star Wars universe has WMDs other than planet sized super lasers. Just launch a handful of nukes or just a single one right into the laser and game over.

Should have waited it seems.

The prequels, yes. RotJ, no.

Here ya go:
V>IV>Rebels>TCW>>>>VII>=VI>>>III>I>II

The Star Wars film and tv franchise ranked from best to worst. If you think that TFA was worse than Jedi, you're fucking kidding yourself. The online reason Jedi ever ranks better than the Prequels is because of the nostalgia-fags and because it had at least a semblance of good directing.

Yes, a good chunk of the throw back shit was kinda lazy, and I hate that they wrote Rey being able to brute force something that every piece of Star Wars media ever released has stated that you cannot fucking brute force, but besides that and "muh-diversity" it wasn't a bad movie.

It wasn't a good movie, but it wasn't prequels tier garbage. So yes, it's there with Jedi. Which is also not a good movie, but not prequel tier garbage.

>TFA is better than ROTJ

When is this meme going to die?

>ranking cartoon shit
>having this shit taste

Get the fuck out underaged memeshit

Awful.

If you skip the animations that's very close to my list.Can you be me, the only rational man in this thread?

Fuck off Shittaste McFunNazi. Rebels and The Clone Wars are both solid shows that your fat-ass would have watched if they had been live-action but because they were 3D-animated it's "lolcartoonshit". So go eat shit.

>being this fucking upset that the force awakens is shit

I like both series for what they are (not the dude you responded to), but they're not better than Return of the Jedi (though I would argue they're more consistent, for better or worse), let alone that much.

I don't think TFA is better, either.

fucking ewoks and jabba's palace man

'Tis the season, then.

Never this board is literally kill and full of idiots

>Hating on RotJ

The Tatooine sequence could have been a lot better and worked into the film more effectively, but even with that and the Ewoks (among the movie's other problems) I still think it's more interesting and satisfying than TFA or the cartoon series. Mostly due to having a more resonant thematic core.

>Ewoks are bad
>All the campy stuff in the Cantina, including literally Satan isn't
Also I'd argue that the only thing remotely bad about Jabba's Palace, is the stuff (p)added in the re-releases.

Seriously though, the only complaints about Ewoks there is, is that they "look too cute/silly", which a lot of other things in Star Wars do, including but not limited to R2-D2, Chewbacca in any non-combat scene and Luke.
Or, the other which is that "they had no business defeating the Empire", which they didn't even do. Literally all they did is defeat a tiny task force that was sent to be an overwhelming force compared to the single shuttleful of Rebel soldiers that the Emperor expected to attack the shield generator.

user, don't. This place is triggered by TFA and Rey.

No this place is triggered by harry potter. Faggots like you are here praising the shitfest that is episode vii

>fucking ewoks
Can we settle this once and for all. Wookies would have torn the empire limb from limb it wouldnt be a contest. Also ewoks go with the small vs large motif

Jabbas palace is GOAT star wars. And the climax is GOAT as well

I came out of the theater thinking Kylo Ren was the worst part. Now I think he's the only original factor and the only part of the sequel trilogy I'm interested in. Go figure.

I don't even like TFA and I can still tell you fuckers are triggered by it. Threads crying about the same things day in and day out.

Not everybody is part of your game of dumbass extremes.

>It's not scifi
What is being autistic like? I've only heard the rumors.....

Kylo is my favorite part and has been since I first saw the movie, but I'm with you. He's the only sign of creative energy in the film. I really hope they don't fuck him up.

Hopefully they don't fuck Luke up too, but they arguably already have.

Really, the only issues with TFA just come from the the lazy writing. It is still way more compentent than the prequels

Rey's a shitty character.
Nevermind the fact that the movie was a rehash of ANH. Rey's character is an absolute abomination to story telling.
But I'm sure you're an expert on that, just like you are on politics, medicine, engineering, social engineering, government and everything else as a professional gas pumper.

didn't mean to spoiler that

I hope they don't waste Adam Driver by making his story boring. He's one of the only people in the trilogy that can actually act.

I worry about Luke. I think it's a given he's going to be darker and I think the leaks we have so far on it are probably correct. At least if he's not Rey's father we don't have to worry about them assassinating his character by having him leave his daughter on a shitty planet. Him running away and hiding was bad enough.

You can try but you're not going to get me angry over this stupid movie. I think you have enough pointless autistic rage over it for both of us. I just wish you'd all finally stop making threads about it.

Hey i didnt make the thread. Someone made one claming it was better than ROTJ.

Its not my fault half this board likes and talks about star wars and capeshit constantly. So theres gonna be people talking shit. It deserves it, it was uninspired and forgettable

>Also Kylo Ren is Anakin done right which is a good thing.

>Why did Kylo turn to the dark side?
>Why did he kill his own dad?
>Why does he want to kill Luke?
>Why were two untrained retards able to hold their own against him?
>Why didn't he just mind read the old villager to unlock the map?
>Why didn't his Star Destroyer block the Resistance fighters from getting on to Maz's planet?
>Why does he wear the mask?

Kylo was as poorly written as Anakin, if not worse.

>The Shekels Awakens
>Anywhere above any of the OT

As bad as the prequels were, you can still rewatch them and at least get some kind of enjoyment out of them, whether you're a fan of them or like to laugh at them. TFA might have been fun to watch when you first saw it in theaters and everyone was cheering at everything because it's Star Wars so it can't be bad (Remind you of anything?), but you can't rewatch it more than once because it lacks any originality or artistic vision and is essentially a remake of Episode 4.

Seriously, it's supposed to be 30 years after the end of RotJ, so why the fuck is the Empire still fighting the "rebels" (who now run the galaxy, so it's not really a rebellion per say)? How come they're still using X-Wings and Tie Fighters when RotS is set only 19 years before ANH, yet they both had drastically different ships in terms of design? Why is Han now a smuggler again, despite him being a high-ranking general for the Rebellion in ESB and almost getting killed from being frozen in carbonite? It just makes no sense if you've actually watched the Original Trilogy and understood the story and characters beyond their superficial traits.

Granted, there are some good things about TFA (Like Kylo Ren, Snoke, and Finn), but they're so overshadowed by its overall blandness that you'd be better off waiting for Episode 8 to see more of them. Assuming, of course, that it won't just be a remake of Empire Strikes Back.

I don't make threads about it. Di$ney shills and faggot fanbois keep making these threads and there will be more of these threads until 2022 or whenever disney's felt they've milked this franchise enough.

I don't like any of you. You all keep the threads going regardless of what side you're on.

This the entire movies purpose it to let Rey daisywalk through everything and become the hero, theres no attempt at basic writing or storytelling.

To make it worse its just about a mcguffin map to find luke and they basically have a death star 3.0 (BUT DUDE ITS BIGGER and BLOWS UP MORE)

entire movie was made just for the sake of it, even hamill admitted this in interviews

Entirely too early to say that. Kylo's emotions already feel more real though. But that's because Driver is a better actor than Christensen and has nothing to do with the lacking script.

Also, we know why he wants to kill his dad, there's plenty of explanation why he lost the fight, and we know why he wears the mask. These weren't mysteries.

>I don't like any of you

And yet here you are, still arguing with us instead of fucking off and swallowing a whole bottle of sleeping pills followed by a clorox cocktail.

I think Luke retreating for meditative purposes to figure out how he should proceed is a decent move given the circumstances. What's weird about the film's treatment of the character is that how these circumstances came about makes him look extremely imperceptive, which explicitly goes against how his character was depicted in the original trilogy.

How did Snoke get such a hold on Kylo? Where did Snoke come from that was so sneaky Luke didn't prevent his rise to power? Leia even says she recognized it but didn't take action. Fine, maybe it's understandable for Leia not to be as cautious. Luke of all people should've been, though. Everything about Snoke and Luke rub me the wrong way in TFA. It just strikes me as a desperate hard-reset for the sake of it in terms of writing.

Hey man look its pretty simple. Theres kids with no taste ITT and on the board.

If someone claims TFA is better than ROTJ im gonna have to comment every time because I think i can gauge a film ROTJ>TFA

I don't know if that recipe will work. Why don't you test it out for me? Have someone post pictures of the aftermath for proof.

I think it's more likely that he's guarding something that Kylo and Snoke want. That makes more sense than him fucking off to meditate for years while the galaxy falls apart.

TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.

Possible. Did Kylo ever say that he was after the map specifically to find Luke? He might be after whatever is on Ahch-to instead.

I agree whole-heartedly about the prequels, however I quite like RotJ, and so I don't agree that TFA is better than that particular installment.

I have seen every Star Wars movie in a theater (re-watched the originals during their CGI re-release, not the original cuts as-such but I still count them as screenings). I have only actually seen episodes II and III once apiece, during my theater screenings, and I realized that I had absolutely no strong desire to see either movie ever again, although I vaguely remember III as being less cheesy and terrible than the previous installments. I also appreciated that they actually depicted Obi-Wan and Anakin's nasty fight/creation of Vader, which had of course been described long beforehand in the lore.

Anyway around the time of these screenings, I realized both that I had seen every Star Wars movie in a theater, that I would probably go on doing so for no other reason than that they are always cultural events, and also that it was highly likely that once I'd seen one, I would never want to see it again.

I've still only seen TFA exactly once, but I could actually go for watching it again if someone has it on, or if it's on TV or something. I can't say the same of any of the prequels. I do also sort-of avoid them (I guess they've been on TV a time or two) so that I can keep all of the above true, for my little boring story.

I have an un-CGI-touched-up VHS copy of the originals, and I got the Blu-ray OT a few years ago, expressly skipping the PT for obvious reasons. I have no plans of getting a copy of TFA, but like I said, I wouldn't mind watching it again.

I couldn't take the film seriously due the the blatant feminism and other political agendas in it. I saw it nearly a year ago but here are a few things I remember that exemplified the film's agenda:

-A black guy and a white woman as leads
-That one speech during the missile launch by the blonde haired bad guy that was like a parody of Hitler's speeches
-Han Solo saying "women always find out" or something along those lines, hinting that women are the smarter sex
-Han Solo dying (THE white male of the movie). I bet Luke Skywalker will die in the next one or the one after that
-Rey never fails at anything
-That mind control scene where Rey makes the guard let her go and drop his gun. I think the whole scene was poking fun at the idea of men being stupid

There was probably a lot of stuff I have already forgotten. One more thing is, that there were a shit ton of female characters in the movie.

Ruined.

I'm tired and sleepy and still I didn't take that bait.Step up your game man.

>being this assravaged

You don't deserve those dub dubs, but I'm still going to check them, however reluctantly

Why can't you contribute to the discussion? Are you too inconfident to do so?

also:
>all opinions I disagree with are baits

Nigga I created the discussion.

>Grizzled Scoundrel Han takes the Galaxy's Most Wanted straight into a place he knows is filled with the galaxy's scum and could have any number of informants in it

Han says before they land that the Falcon is being tracked and the First Order is gonna be on their ass anyway. They take a gamble at finding transport at Maz's because it's either that or get run down/lead the First Order directly to Leia and the rest.

As I recall, he suggested they may be tracked, which doesn't excuse making their location even more likely by taking them to a place that has a good chance of having First Order spies (which it did), nor Maz's cluelessness about these sorts of things when she supposedly ran that place for 1000 years.
And don't tell me "well she didn't know they were hiding out". She runs a freaking underworld cantina. Half the people in that place are probably hiding out from something or other.

tfa is shit

>bait

>Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase
Uh huh. Sure, baby girl.

Weak bait

Nobody in this board sincerely likes tfa

I agree. But I like Rotj better because nostalgia.

>Empire
>Hope
>Jedi
>Awakens
>Sith
>Phantom
>Clones
>Rich Evans jerking off R2 while wearing Darth Vader mask
>Holiday Special

>Why did Kylo turn to the dark side?
I guess we'll find out in the sequels
>Why did he kill his own dad?
Because his dad was a meanie poophead and Harrisson Ford only agreed to join the cast if he could finally die like he was supposed to in Jedi.
>Why does he want to kill Luke?
Does he? I don't think he said so.
>Why were two untrained retards able to hold their own against him?
Because of shit writing and because muh Stronk Womyn and muh Stronk Negro fighting against the oppressive white man.
>Why didn't he just mind read the old villager to unlock the map?
Good point. Maybe Max von Snydow has Alzhiemers and didn't remember.
>Why didn't his Star Destroyer block the Resistance fighters from getting on to Maz's planet?
It's a big planet lol meme and one ship can't blockade it alone.
>Why does he wear the mask?
The only reason anyone wears a mask. Disguise and protection.

>Evanskino that low

>tfw watching the BotW star wars christmas episodes (both the real and fake one) has now become a christmas tradition for me

Kylo's goals and motivations are fairly clear already, as is why he wears the mask. There's still plenty of room for elaboration and definitely development, but that doesn't excuse your terrible skills at basic analysis.

This. I still don't get why Kylo eludes people. He's the only character I had no problem with. No we don't know everything about him and why he is where he is, but do we need to in the first movie when he's not even the main character? We didn't know shit about Vader in ANH while we already know more about Kylo.

- Luke has a lightsaber later on in the film. It takes place on a completely new planet, which has like temples and stuff like that. He duels with the Knights of Ren at some point and also Kylo later on with Rey.

- Rey and Kylo are not 'in love' per say, but their relationship does become weird. They start to confide in each other and have several scenes with each other with no other characters.

- Snoke has a fairly sizeable role in the film.

- Benicio del Toro isn't a villain, but he isn't really a good guy either. He hasn't got a huge role.

- Leia only has about five minutes on screen. She's wiped out early on and she returns at the end and has scenes with Luke.

- Rey is captured at the end of the film by Kylo. She was convinced he was going to join her. He actually reveals that he has abandoned Snoke's plans and wishes to find something inbetween the light and dark.