Been studying the behaviour of poseurs for the last two months so I can update the list with new albums...

Been studying the behaviour of poseurs for the last two months so I can update the list with new albums, what do you think I should remove?

This is so fucking out of date it's absurd, it's not 2014 anymore

this is really similar to the last one, what the fuck did you even change?

its a stupid idea to begin with that being said, theres some good shit in this list you autist

Essential albums that never did shit to you so take it off
>The Key to the Kingdom
>First Utterance
Also WHY is 98.12.28 on there? Do you not have a soul?

Being into old disco songs, trap, and modern radio pop is what all the poseur kids grew into
Either that or full on "Bach is the pinnacle of sound as art, Wagner is the next best, modern classical is not music" elitists

these charts always trigger rym users and i love it

on this entire chart, theres only two (2) good albums. can you find them?

Not my fault that poseurs tend to listen the same shit and just hype an album every so long

I haven't updated it yet, you idiot

haha

muh fishmemes

>Being into old disco songs, trap, and modern radio pop is what all the poseur kids grew into

no matter what angle you look at this from, it makes no sense

They're into "sincere, fun pop music" because they "outgrew pretentious bro stuff"
This usually correlates with becoming transgender and/or gay

Posers are just a smaller division of the very large populous of art illiterates.

What the fuck? This makes no sense, when I mean "From that angle", why would obscure old disco be a part of that as well?

>artistic literacy
>starts off with nmh and slint

wow... trashed already

They're dedicated to being "against rockism" and there's nothing more rockist than disliking disco

I enjoy one of these, and I realize Bird Seed is poseurcore. It's pretty ideal noise though.

So articulate

Watch as the art illiterate grapples with his own illiteracy, his own lack of understanding of aesthetic and thematic ubiquitousness.

Friend, I'm a neet that hasn't talked to anyone in years, but I still recommend going outside every once in a while, at least to breathe in the fresh air.

look man i outgrew neutral milk hotel and that kind of trash a few years ago. theyre garbage

is it bad if I find every single one of those albums pleasing to listen to?

Yes, of course. You “grew” (emphasize “”) when you attached your fashionable persona to fancier trends. Go post about it in a “taste growth” thread. Leave the art discussion to people who understand thematic pervasiveness and aesthetic sublimity.

Yes, absolutely. theres some good ones here, but only a handful. the rest are just undefendable trash

No man, I just realized they actually are garbage. It's literally just generic folkrock with some pretentious whining thrown in. The weirdest thing is, the only actually half unique song, the fool, is literally just some appropriated eastern european folk elements (The lowest form of being "creative") and even then it's every NMH fans least favorite song.

fuck off fag. theyre bad. theyre literally the my chemical romance for a newer generation

>people who understand thematic pervasiveness and aesthetic sublimity.
Why are you on Sup Forums if this is what you're after?

>theres some good ones here, but only a handful.
which albums are you speaking of, so I can know your opinion on them more deeply

are you op?

Why do you force yourself to think like that, which rym-er influenced you this hard to think there is a single one good album there, all of them are trash.

What kind of fucking child considers entry level freak-folk inaccessible? Ban everyone in this thread.

no I am the guy who actually likes this crap, which apparently, according to op, makes me inherently a person who only likes things because others do or because I want to look like a pretentious fuck

>freak folk
>not a meme garbage genre to start with

I don't even use rym.

>Been studying the behaviour of poseurs for the last two months so I can update the list with new albums,
>what do you think I should remove?
I don't know, you're the supposed expert do it yourself and ask for feedback later

>tfw enjoy some albums on that chart
>tfw unironically saved the chart to listen to later
I know you're making fun of me, op, but thanks for the recs, mate.

I’ve actually had several encounters with you. Not only do you have zero understanding of aesthetic, you also seem captured by the idea that the Fool is influenced by Bulgarian folk when it’s not. You’re probably confused because Jeff Mangum did a field recording of a Bulgarian folk parade. Bulgarian folk is microtonal, Fool isn’t. Also, since you’re holding this poser opinion, it would be smart for you to realize “Fool” is a waltz with two tonal parts, which is the same as Two Headed Boy pt. 1 and pt. 2.

Really though, I’d prefer to never meet you again as your literacy is horrible.

This is literally my first time I've been on Sup Forums in a while, as in nearly two years. Sup Forums is dead as fuck if you think you can run into a single person like that.

That being said, yes, the fool is absolutely the bulgarian/balkan shit mangum did appropriated. drawn out brass with accordion.

you are coming off as a massive faggot either way though. glad I left this place.

>microtonal
>tonal parts

you going to start talking about time signature too while you're at it, you absolute clueless retard?

add the new thug future tape

Then you’re either a liar, or I’ve just uncovered a massive archetype for posers.
>”likes” tracks they mistakenly think are from east european folk music

>drawn out brass with accordion is automatically bulgarian folk
I think you’re just upset you thought it’s bulgarian folk music, when it isn’t.

this but unironically

>TFW I only listened to one of these and I hated it.

You're the only poseur here. You're namedropping big boy terms that are completely irrelevant to the point you're trying to make, just to show how totally in the know you are. While everyone is certainly very impressed you know what microtonal is, and what tonal parts are, that's literally like some retard praising something for time signatures, it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the matter at hand.

I never said I liked it, I said it was the only genuinely half creative thing going on for the album, and even then it was some shitty appropriation. go figure

It's appropriated versions of it, yes. I am literally russian/bulgarian. I recognize that sound because my grandparents always played that shit. Their entire gimmick was that. Mangum also had a shitload of european trad on his site.

Hey, do you remember the titles of the russian music they played?

>the only difference is whether or not (you) enjoyed it the first listen

Hey man thanks for the recs. See quite a bit there i enjoy, will check the rest out when i get the chance. Spiritual Unity is legit best thing to listen to when walking at night from work or whatever.

bump, i wanna see more albums on this chart cause usually theres alot of good albums on them, also add:
Les Rallizes Denudes - 77' Live
cLOUDDEAD - s/t
Time Machines - Time Machines

Theres a nice pasta they use ill share with you. Good rec all around
Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

thanks! ive seen this pasta quite a bit and i think its full of great music, recently actually been getting into coil and sun city girls and have been into artists like Nara Leao, LRD, and Kazumoto endo for a long time now, later down the track im gonna try the more "out there" stuff like Yoshihide and fushitsusha

wtf

HEYYYYEVERYBODYYYY
i don't like labels. istead why don't you discuss some real shit?

bump

can someone permaban montie, please?

I'm a huge poseur but a ton of that stuff is so pleb it offends me in the wrong way

I actually use it as a reference to find good music.

Some of it is entry level poseurcore because of how popular Coil and Death and June along with others have gotten.

id like to be friends with someone who listened to all those albums