Theories you guys have on Musicians/songs

Kid A is actually about Thom's secret gay relationship. I'm dead serious. Think about it.

black people dont actually exist its just a hoax by the music industry to sell hip hop records

Bob Dylan moonlights as Thomas Pynchon.

The morse code on Saturday Night Inside Out has information about the next album

Seen and Not Seen had a significant role in Michael Jackson's cosmetic changes

Spiderland is actually a concept album about a specific story

1st song: Two people fall in love
2nd song: Guys leaves girl behind
3rd: Guy feels like shit/self-confidence issues
4th: Girl kills herself so he does too
5th: Just an interlude
6th: In some sort of afterlife/purgatory regretting what happened

John Lennon beat his wife

>All music is shit and people just pretend to like it.
>Music harms the brain

morrissey is actually straight

This only works if you think about it like a retard

The next Arctic Monkeys album with be Humbug with more psychedelic influences.

John Lennon was beat by his wife

Ween's the mollusk tells a tale about a kid (working on a ship) who travels back in time after finding a mystical molisk which leads him into a journey through an almost fantasy version of the 16-1800s era which ends with the kid returning to the ship (you can hear creaking on the last hidden track much like a ship) via ocean man and golden eel.

Need more proof but considering their ages and the year I thought of it more like a Goonies adventure. Btw just go to genius.com and look up more about it I guess

Alex Turner is gay

The Yellow Submarine is the military-industrial complex during the cold war. 'We all live in it' because we paid taxes to it and we wouldn't be able to escape the effects of a nuclear war. It's a submarine because it was largely hidden from the public. It was yellow because the war was fought indirectly, cowardly.

Stairway to heaven is about the 'woman caught in adultery' in the Bible (John 8) who a bunch of people tried to stone to death before Jesus stopped them

"The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll..."

Every Swans album is a take on different kinds of insanity

Nah.

I believe this as well. Seen how he only dates models, and obviously the romance with the other guy he works with outside of AM.

Attitude>Music

No attitude, you might as well be a fucking CD.
Gotta have that personality on stage or at least in the music to a degree.

i think he is kinda faking the "troubled insane artist" role, i think his lyrics are very intentionally criptic and don't just "come out" like that and all he did in his career is perfectly crafted by him to generate hype, i mean i love him still but he already said he wants to be like Robert Wyatt and disappear only to come back after a long period of time with new music

that being said, he's in the top 5 greatest rock musicians of all time imo

I agree with this, I mean it is noticeable when an artist music is dull, with no personality to it. Production and having some kind of edge to tell it "like it is" is truly important in anything recorded.

The best gigs I've seen is where the lead singer knows how to get an audience involved even if the audience doesn't know their music.
Best ones do Iggy Pop during the early 70's - tier provoking.

I will watch a band even if I hate their message if they are passionate about what they believe in and know how to perform and engage the audience.

>i think he is kinda faking the "troubled insane artist" role
He wrote an album obsessed about fucking a prepubescent jew during the holocaust... i don't even user.

Im a black guy can confirm this

I wish

Björk fakes her icelandic accent to make her music sound more exotic

>M: So what's your [the Beta Band's] relationship with Radiohead? Have you opened for them before?
>RG: No, but, um, Steve [Mason] and Thom Yorke go back quite a long way. I mean Steve's not queer but he's bisexual and Thom was a bit confused about what he was doing for awhile before he met his current wife, so for about six months they had an on-and-off relationship. That was about four, five years ago now.
>M: Are you serious?
>RG: (sincerely) Yeah, they just kept it going and offered us this tour. It's all over now, they're just good friends, but that's how we met them.
Probably true

bowie faked his death to promote his last album and enjoy his retirement

They did have a common friend in Richard Farina.

So, when was it? Somewhere near 1994?

I’ve never viewed Jeff as a troubled, insane artist. He’s obviously way too smart to not understand how iconic he’s become in his absence, though. Which is why I think those string of drawings are referring to new NMH.

Definitely, the same for people like Arnold Schwarzenegger. There's no way you can live in english speaking countries or work on an international level for decades without catching up on it.

It does check out with how private and traceless everything was, but considering he had already been in off-the-grid retirement for ten years prior, I don't really see what his motif would be. Seems like it worked before.

Clapton is God

What musicians have faked their deaths? Are there any similar aspects between these fake deaths?

The Bowie inspired character in Velvet Goldmine.

l was thinking real musicians

The point about faking your own death is that you're not found out. I might as well list Elvis and Michael Jackson here.

Joe Bonamassa is genuinely autistic but not in a bad way.

it's about growing up you dum dum

Martin and Dave from Depeche mode obviously banged

Care to list which one is which, user?

Iggy Pop is only still alive because he sucks the life force out of younger musicians

Trips of Beast confirm, though...

The drummer of nirvana is the same guy is the singer of the foo fighters

Jim Morrison apparently talked about faking his own death. How no one that mattered saw the body since it was already sealed in the coffin, and how it was too small for him.

This was true with Madonna and she wasn't in England for all that long.

which is why Vince Clark quit and then later Alan Wilder...

NIN's the Downward Spiral album is in perfect essay form:

Topic sentence
Hypothesis
Supporting topics
Conclusion
After thought

Don't be ridiculous

Eric Clapton's life plays out like a modern opera with personal tradgedies driving the story and the soundtrack being blues.

>Robert Johnson's life & death played out like a turn of the century opera with personal tragedies, driving the story and the soundtrack being blues.

dubs confirm

cobain walks

TLOP is essentially a 3-part album chronicling Kanye's progression through his career. It starts off slower, more reminiscent of the production sound of CD, LR. Ye is full of hope and his success mirrors that. Then the middle phase from Feedback to FML represents his life from MBDTF to Yeezus, where he's more successful than he's ever been, but doesn't feel at peace. The last third of the album then shows where he wants to go with his life. We see more introspective lyrics on Real Friends, Wolves, and more focus on his family. Then at the end Facts and Fade seem to be his celebration of the end of the album, and him emphasizing that he's still on top, despite the tone of the previous songs.

Jeff Buckley is Aquaman

William Bennett was secretly afraid of Peter Sotos.