Jungian mystic here. As the noise ramps up for the weekend, this thread should be pretty well hidden among the sleepers...

Jungian mystic here. As the noise ramps up for the weekend, this thread should be pretty well hidden among the sleepers. I will answer any questions regarding the Deep Mysteries. If you don't know what the Deep Mysteries are, then feel free to assume I'm LARPing.

I will answer questions in the order I receive them. Please be patient if there are a lot of questions, I will eventually get to you.

I like to eat rat poop also op claiming id.

How big is bigfoots dick?

did you ever see any of William Latham's iterated generative computer art? there is an infinite number of variations of Jungian symbols in there, and the guy didn't care at all - he was just interested in the forms.

here's another word you might like to type into youtube's search thing:

Mandelbulb

No one else has arrived yet, so I'll entertain your attempt at a shitpost. Why do you suppose your unconscious has connected sasquatches with having a big penis? That should give you a clue about where the sesquatch actually exists -- but it won't. (Hint: It's inside your head, not out in the woods. The animalistic sasquatch is a manifestation of your own sexualized shadow.)

I was quite interested to see Google's "dreaming" AI, and is giving me hope for being able to talk in a meaningful way to machine intelligence in my lifetime. I find the idea intriguing, and can't even guess what it will reveal about our own thinking and the nature of being and consciousness.

It is also a prehistoric animal actually

Matrix movie give you inspiration of it?

Well, that's the rationalized manifestation, anyway, the same way "UFOs" are the rationalizations for experiences people have been having for millennia with great glowing mandalas in the sky (like Ezekiel's wheel) and "Greys" are the rationalizations for demons or Men in Black or Black-Eyed Children, and other archetypal manifestations.

panpsychism or whatever it's called,
yes or no?

So, how do we find out the future without going into all that ridiculous horoscope crap?

How can we manipulate the future without causing harm/injury to others (ie. like white magic).

You’re larping because that sigil is from the Goetia. Which you’d know what was if you weren’t a larping faggot.

Panphysicalism, it ascribes mental attributes to physical objects. It's not like saying spoons can think, it's more like saying they could if they were structured in a way that would allow it.

what does it mean to 'assume I'm LARPing'?
Sorry I don't frequent /x/.

what does larping mean

I think ideas like this are a good jumping-off point for people approaching mysticism from a scientific perspective, but the benefit of revelation is that it *isn't* scientific; it must be immediately experienced. Hypothesis isn't necessary when exploring inner space and it's possible to directly communicate with, for example, the self-transforming machine elves. Neuroiscientists are studying the phenomenon of the machine elves because the experience is so nearly universal that it reveals something about the workings of the mind.

The Deep Mysteries can't be described, they can only be experienced.

lol k
do spoons think?

Live
Action
Role
Playing

I.E.: pretending to be something you’re not.

You know that's called RPing or trolling, right?

wtf do you think retard

I'm a professional tarot reader as well as a mystic, and the first thing I explain to querents is that what I do is a form of applied psychology, and that it is absolutely useless for telling the future. Tools like tarot (or astrology or I Ching or runes or bibliomancy) operate on the basis of apophenia, a psychological phenomenon in which the unconscious will project itself in an attempt to find patterns when there are none present.

So I don't read the cards, I'm reading the querent and picking up body language, eye movements, and word choices to reflect back at them their own unconscious reactions to the cards. So horoscopes and tarot and such are ineffective at telling fortunes, but very, very good at digging below the surface to figure out what's going on below the level of conscious awareness.

It was.

Yes, but not as we think of thinking as thought so to speak

Which deck faggot?

The electrons which make up the spoon must have some perception of their surroundings, sure.

I use two, the traditional Rider-Waite and the Crowley deck. The Crowley deck tends to skew male, so I don't use it all that often. I'm a mystic, not a magician, so I don't need that much focus on manifesting the Will.

Explain the Napels Arrangement.

Yeah, but, we can already do that from good therapy- or any number of "mindfulness" exercises/just decent conversations with trusted sources where you're nearly completely honest.

Good on you for not saying you can though. I'll say the only people that I've met that were actually any good at telling the future were shamans in the middle of the Dominican Republic's mountains, and then it was a lot of what you described. Oh, and animal sacrifices.

I'm not a Thelemite. Neither was Crowley, really. The window-dressing is there to hide the truth from the sleepers. You don't need any particularly special arrangement of cards except inasmuch as it helps induce autosuggestion. As I have a couple of decades of experience as a mystic, I can induce a light trance at will without the need for any special kind of props.

A simple three-card spread is usually enough to create the suggestion needed for a reading on a specific question.

The Naples Arrangement has nothing to do with a layout.

Certainly. What I do with the cards is no different than what a traditional psychotherapist or gestaltist will do through reflection. The difference is that tarot will work faster, and can often break through layers of evasion structure the therapist can't, especially with people who resist the scientific trappings of therapy, the same way a Catholic exorcism can do the same work as psychotherapy in terms of pushing out unwanted archetypal personalities from the committee table of self.

Like I said, I'm not a Thelemite. I'm conversant with Crowley, but he was a showman. A lot of his work was really smoke and mirrors for hiding some very simple truths. Crowley's work on tarot isn't of much interest to me, since I have very different interests than Crowley did; he was interested in finding ways to manipulate the symbols to manifest his Will. As a mystic, I am much more interested in finding ways of using the tools to explore the inner sea rather than push my Will out into the Universe to effect change.