Theoretically speaking, why are americans so fat?

Theoretically speaking, why are americans so fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

too much soda
junk food is stupidly cheap for some reason (probably agricultural subsidies)

We're not as fat as Mexicans. Our problem is high fructose corn syrup. What's your excuse, lazy ass?

Because high poverty and cheap unhealthy food mixes into a bad cocktail.

We eat too much shit, mostly stuff full of corn.

i havent drunk any water in a few years.
soda and "juice"
im 5'11 160lbs.

You're just like those skinny fats that go
>hurr durr I eat sooo much XXDDDD
When you don't but you load up on junk food and you think that's the sole reason someone would be fat

Filler corn syrup and suger
>mfw when well fed
>content
>"""" richest""""

BMI is a fucking retarded measure.

WRONG FAGGOT
i have cancer and no colon.

A lot of Mexicans and Niggers

This. It cost considerably more to eat healthy.

sugar, austrians eat similar portion sizes but our food isnt preloaded with sooo much sugar/fructose.

That sucks

add "United States (niggers/spics)" to that graph

Food is in abundance and therefore super cheap.

>Captcha: Select all images with food

Ahem.

We're rich.

Yep

Zero self control

>Can't find one that's trending downward
What has this world come to...

They are lazy and eat too much junk

Corn sugar

>BMI
It was invented for 19th century Danes, it doesn't really apply to all races

high fat diet, lack of exercise. sugar and candy.

my guess it's eating more calories than are expended through exercise

Just a theory, though. I could be wrong.

You people are stupid. It has nothing to do with the fact that we're rich, and everything o do with the fact that we're hyper-capitalist/corporatist.

People are dumb and have zero self-control everywhere on the planet. People are rich in plenty of other nations than ours.

The difference is that we refuse to put any controls whatsoever on corporations and what they do/produce/advertise. And we provide incentives for making food that is devoid of healthfulness

What helps the soda thing is we have Unlimited free refills on most sodas and drinks. Which they don't do in any other country really. So we drink alot more soda then other countries.

shit food, what do you expect from the degeneracy cesspool, not enough apple pie

>BUT MUH STATICS

We're being poisoned by Monsanto and McDonald's. Even the "healthy" choices are bad for us

>Egypt is more obese than us
>so is Straya and like 4 different Euro countries

High fructose corn syrup and a sedentary consumerist lifestyle

Like the rest of the world

They live in a country perfect for lazy slobs.

There is no reason to leave your home. Food comes to the door and everything else
you need can be shipped to your front-door.

Thats why the suburbs are so great. They are perfect human farms.

Decoy reason
>bwah bwah ultracheap food everywhere "unhealthy" food
Real reason
>people barely even walk there

HAES leviathans fugg off

Not enough exercise and eating too much, there's nothing else to it. Any other bullshit they spin about shit in the food or having some BS fatty disease is just an excuse.
>high poverty
That's a lie the fatties tell you Denmark, grocery stores in the U.S. sell the cheapest food of almost any developed country, hell a pound of boneless skinless chicken is less than $2 in most places and fruits and vegetables are super cheap if you buy in season, I just got a pound of Georgia peaches for 75 cents this morning.

If you want to get into a cultural thing Americans have lost most sense of long term planning or restraint, and rather than admitting that most Americans will make up excuses so it's "not their fault" that they're fat. Having been a fatass at one point myself and lost the weight I think it might actually be easier to lose weight in the U.S. than in most countries, gyms are everywhere, calorie labels are freely available for almost any restaurant, and lean meets are cheap.

Also our nutrition education is godawful, the media is constantly pushing retarded fad diets and the "nutrition pyramid" that most people grew up with is a product of grain industry lobbying that will make you a fat fuck if you try to follow it.

What's theoretical about that? Am I the only one that noticed? Anyway Americans are fat fucks because they are lazy sugar addicts. It's not any more expensive to eat healthy than eating fast food 3 days a week.

>canada, as fat or dumb as usa

lol no

Activity levels are the (much) smaller part of weight maintenance

Eating fewer calories is orders of magnitude easier than burning those calories

they eat too many bullets

mexico has a higher rate of obesity than america. when you faggots decided to flood america obesity rates went up

its not fat, its our beer guts

Cheap and abundant junk food.

because they never heard of exercise

When you combine overweight and obesity, white men have a higher rate than black men

It's the women who are ruining it for them. And for white people, it's the men, as they have a much greater rate than the women

That means shit you don't need to eat healthier to lose weight just less. The problem here is eating just too damn much.

Because we eat too much and don't enough exercise due to our shitty infrastructure and laziness. Duh.

American teeth everybody!

>calorie labels are freely available for almost any restaurant
and if restaurants don't have a calorie table they at least have little markings next to food items that are meant to be light in terms of how many calories they have or next to items that are meant to be healthier than whatever else is on the menu.

You will be soon once Weedman uses the money he made selling Canada's gold reserves to buy nationwide weed for life to everybody in your shitty country.

isn't it the Abo's petrol gut as well since they drink that shit after they had their fun sniffing it?

We are not fat :(

yes u are. send picture of urself to prove ur not fat

>tfw even your fatpeople scooter thinks your fat

Because they have too much freedom.

>TFW salad capcha

7 L I M E S
L
I
M
E
S

>straight, white teeth are "American" teeth
Don't worry, knifebro. We'll end up with your crooked yellow teeth soon enough when Clintincare kicks in and no one gets dental anymore.

it really doesn't
beans are literally 99 cents per dried pound

>corporations!
>food devoid of healthfulness!
Look your heart is in the right place but weight loss is ultimately a matter of personal choice. Fast food is not the direct line to obesity that many claim it is, know how many calories are in it and don't go over your allotment for that meal.

As an aside have a pic of a smug dumb fatty. Look at the smile and try not to get angry, I dare you!

The fattest country in the world: Mexico
The second fattest: America

The country with the most Mexicans: Mexico
The second most Mexicans: America

Do the math you fat fucking majado mestizo. Every year you fat fucks bob along the Rio Grande into our country and every year we get fatter.

>lists england as a country
Yeah this is fake

That made me laugh good on you mexico.

Oh really?
Wow. I think i should quit that fucking gym and stop running. it was so obvious. What a moron i am.
>went to macdonalds

>this meme again
It really doesn't. There are tons of cuts of meat avaliable for around $2 a pound, and if you buy seasonally you can get veggies for very cheap. Potatoes, eggs, noodles, and rice are your staples.

Fast food is actually expensive as fuck. I spent $20-30 a week on food in college and if i bought fast food I'd go broke.

>bob along

for an individual, it's a matter of choice.

when you look at a population, the more obstacles there are, the more people who will fail.

that's just a fact because that's what obstacles do. It's not pure capitalist not to care that these corporations externalize the costs of there horrible practices onto us (in the form of increased healthcare costs, environmental damage, ethical disaster). that's just being their bitch

there is no "your heart is in the right place." I'm just not someone's faggot bitch, and you are

>It cost considerably more to eat healthy
This is only true if you are a complete idiot.

I didn't say that.

Do you know how much time you would need to spend in the gym to burn a mcdonald's cheeseburger? Think how much easier it would be if you simply didn't eat the cheeseburger

you can't outrun a bad diet
this is shit everyone knows by now

don't forget that more niggers are obese too. If you just look at the which country has the most degenerate obese white people it would probably actually be us.

Combine these factors:
>Increasingly sedentary lifestyles
>Jobs that require physical labor have been slowly disappearing over the last few decades
>Majority of the population lives in communities that were built up entirely around the automobile, walking or biking to get around isn't feasible
>Nutrition not taught or valued very highly
>Incredibly cheap and plentiful food
>More disposable income compared to other Western countries
Its the perfect storm to produce an overweight populace. Though I wouldn't be talking Mexico, you overtook us in fatness a few years back.

>wake up
>processed Ego Waffles TM, Fructose Glucose syrup with artificial Maple Flavour and butter on top for breakfast
>drive to work
>sit in cubicle all morning
>drive thru Fast Foodfor lunch
>sit in cubicle all afternoon
>drive home
>eat dinner infront of tv with a bottle of soda pop to drink
>graze on junk food for the rest of the evening
>sleep
>repeat

He's cute.

Almost every single added sugar comes from high fructose corn syrup. Added sugar wasn't such a problem when it was cane sugar (50% sucrose 50% fructose) but now all added sugars are from high fructose corn syrup (100% fructose) you find the obesity levels sky rocket.
Sucrose makes you feel full and fructose makes you feel hungrier after ingesting. Cane sugar has a neutral effect on appetite. It doesn't make you hungrier or fuller.
High fructose corn syrup only makes you hungrier after ingesting. Products with it will never make you feel full or atleast take way more calories to make you feel full.

This is agregated by the fact that fewer and fewer Americans are making breakfast lunch and dinner at home from scratch. So more and more meals are prepackaged or bought from fast food or restaurants. Prepackaged and restaurant bought meals on average are less healthy and more chocked full of sugar then anything you make at home.

Lastly if one makes 90% or so of all their own meals at home from scratch, they are more intrinsically tied to the cost of what food costs. So they are less willing to splurge on buying sides and soda because you know what you are spending on it and you have to put the effort into picking it out storing, cooling then serving.

Sides and drinks are just an after thought when at a restaurant or fast food establishment because they are usually just added to your meal without one really having to put any effort into it. It is almost just assumed you would get a drink and a side.

So in short, if Americans avoided products with high fructose corn syrup, avoided products with added sugar or high sugar content (and yes that includes fruit juice) cooked their own meals and stopped eating out so much, we would not have such a problem with obesity that we currently have in America.

There is other less important stuff like bringing vegetables back into our diets, being less lethargic, having higher fiber and stopping the vitalization of fat.

Fat acceptance culture.

Food addiction is a disease, not a quirk.

Because Pedro and his 30 relatives decided to hop the border and apply for benefits, and you know the rest..

>i-it's minorities' fault

m8, you're fat
it's your fault

>netherlands
>eastern europe
ok

You soon will be.

how do you shit?

pls no, i dont want to drink kefir and eat blin all day every day for the rest of my life

>have trillion dollar food industries say big is beautiful and healthy
>rake in the dough

Kefir isnt so bad ,i never understood why yuoroops dont like it

WE ARENT SCANDINAVIAN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The government subsidizes the corn industry like a motherfucker and puts tariffs on importing regular sugar, so most of our shit is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup.

Sodas are prolly the main culprit, I dunno how much they are for europoors but over here you can get offbrand 2 liters for 50-75 cents.

Tough choice between being mongoloids or cucs

not enough exercise, people drive everywhere and they also dont have a job that keeps them active either.

People should stop trying to make "beautiful in all sizes" and start trying to make "being fit is healthy".

youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M

Their food is garbage.

Thy are not required to list chemicals they put in food, I believe. This might have changed, Americans please confirm or deny.

MSG is notorious for increasing appetite and decreasing the sensation of having eaten enough.

Corn syrup is the biggie though, they put that shit in everything because of corn subsidies and sugar tariffs.

checked, but you're not completely right.

Yeah, there are too many fat whites, but literally every black and injun (mexican) here is overweight and full of carbohydrates.

>NORTH KOREA
Am I the only one noticing this?

what the fuck scotland

if you combine instances of overweight and obesity, black men have a lower rate than white men.

black women have like an 82% rate, however, whereas white women have like a 65%

>More than 75 percent of African Americans are overweight or obese (including 69 percent of men and 82.0 percent of women) compared with 67.2 percent of Whites (including 71.4 percent of men and 63.2 percent of women).3

white men are fat more often than black men (although black men are more fat). black women are fucking ridiculous with their fatness

also
>muh carbs are bad
pls go

>whining about sugar
>unconcerned with carbs, which are sugars

Pls get fucked, charlatan.

When did I whine about sugar? You realize there are IDs ITT, right?

Aren't mexicans fatter than americans?
Statistically speaking.

Theoretically thinking, how can a poor shithole like Mexico be fatter than us?

Aren't mexicans fatter than americans?