Most Underrated Release In Your Favorite Artists Discography

Pic Related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Rypc3u0Crw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought that was a live album for the longest time. Still never got around to listening to it.

It's the second in the trilogy of albums that started with Larks Tongues and ended with Red. It's the craziest of the three, definitely worth a listen.

Fuck yes.

Trio is also an underrated track and is absolutely incredible.

I always think of this as sort of a B-side to LTIA. Three or four tracks I believe they recorded at the same time as Lark's and the rest were improvs from their '73 tour. Recorded live and then with dubbed over vocals (The Miner) or in some cases other instruments.

Bump

underrated by the band, not the fans

every 'finished' version of the songs on this demo album are worse

yanqui uxo is good if you don't like it your a faggot.

Or biophilia

>Not Still or Ghosts I-IV
I actually agree with this.
>Not Drawing Restraint 9

Incesticide is more underrated and overlooked for being a compilation, despite it has many great Bleach era songs such as Big Long Now.

hell yea my dude.

I hear it mentioned a decent amount and Fracture is pretty well known. It is kind of a hard listen and even the sweet sound of The Night Watch rides on a Fripp solo that he in essence played elsewhere via improv multiple times. I like Deceiver, the guitar in Fracture, and Trio is relaxing, but iuno, underrated seems to be going far. Lizard seems like the underrated one to me. Thrak and Construkction both had some cool shit in them, too, but they get shrugged off pretty hard.

pic related

also this

Bloodflowers and Wish are also highly underrated

I'd say The Slip but With Teeth is great too

agreed

Same goes for squeeze, they're not bad albums but I agree they're not on the same level as their early stuff

yes

also:
youtube.com/watch?v=4Rypc3u0Crw

Not as good as most of their discography, but still a really solid folk album

Oh the things I would do for this cassette tape...

chopsticks is i think her masterpiece track. the rest of the album is so so.

Really? Not even honourable mentions for Nashville or Shane?

I think the overall album ties together really well. Exile in Guyville is great and all but just felt a lot more... sloppily put together than this one. Or perhaps I'm biased cause this was my introductory album.

eyes like the sky is great

I'll go with this. Great album and massively overlooked even by fans of Killing Joke.

how do i get into ulver

Kozelek's true masterpiece, very, very underrated.

This is definitely one of their best

Then you should have uploaded one of those two instead. Faith was the second Cure album I bought after Disintegration, due to critical acclaim and hype. It's not underrated at all.

Great album, though. My favorite track is Primary, how about yours?

Coming through with the real contender OP

>dat Peoria

What? That's widely regarded as one of their best albums up there with In the Court and Red.

S&BB has some songs that are pretty well remembered or noteworthy (Fracture, Lament, Great Deceiver etc.)
I think the 3 albums before LTIA are pretty underrated, especially pic related

>b-but the production sounds so 90s

I don't know what planet you're living on, but the general consensus is that this is considered the worst wetton era album by a mile and unnoteworthy besides fracture. I think otherwise, but so be it.

with better audio quality this is mostly good but groon is atrocious and doesn't need to be 5 minutes let alone 15

I love how crushing Schizoid Man is on this.
Peoria is too good to be true.

"captured live on an Ampex stereo cassette fed from a Kelsey Morris custom built mixer ... in the rain from the back of a Volkswagen truck."

agree

I disagree.

I though those were trees
and I have the physical album

I'm going to go ahead and be a tryhard and say this is their most underrated

Areo Zeppelin is great too.

this one is surprisingly good