I think cities are so beautiful but every time I say that someone is like "no you don't wanna live there...

I think cities are so beautiful but every time I say that someone is like "no you don't wanna live there, they're shitty and full of crime"

Anons who live in cities, is it that bad?

eh

eh, honestly Miami FL is ok. Its cool to visit. But honestly its full of shit

>homeless people asking for money around stores
>homeless people in parks, chilling, doing drugs, hanging out
>people in general doing drugs in public
>people tagging
>homeless people raiding garbage
>occasional guy taking a shit on the street
>the smell of piss ever so often
>people doing drugs on buses
>people getting upset with each other and fighting in public
>emotional yelling in public
>shoplifters everywhere
>people braking into cars at night

Honestly, it doesn't really bother me, I wouldn't say it's exactly bad.
Maybe not good, either.

It's just a community, no matter what's in it.

Life just is; is anything really good or bad?

Cities are cool when you're younger. You live in 400 square feet built in 1920 but you don't care because you're out a lot and passed out a lot. When you get older you prefer less noise and more space and you prefer the suburbs.

Source: me

CLEVELAND IS NICE OP

That's a big one. I live in Florida and a lot of events happen in Miami but my family is all hurr durr you stop at a red light you get murdered

yeah but honestly whats it like?

They can be very beautiful, but in most cities worth living in youhave to have a lot of money in order to enjoy all the amenities, otherwise youre just working your ass off to stay alive.
I grew up in a major US city and now live in a place most people have never heard of. I have a house with a great view of a geographically beautiful region, crime is relatively nonexistent and everything is cheaper, very comfy.
If you didnt grow up in it, its worth living in a big city for a few years just to see whats up, but nothing beats small town US living.

Syracuse, ny. Heron and spike capitol of the u.s with no real spectacles to act as counterweights. Bad crime as well, and narcan takes money away from fixing roads and shit. Don't move here.

*heroin

Syracuse is a college town, not a city

Going by where you put it on an application or document. Syracuse (city), NY (state). I know it's not full of Skyscrapers but it's worth warning people never to come near it.

It might be a shithole, but its not a city

Syracuse is not a city? I reckon it's just a county, or a town? Perhaps a village! stfu.

You know op, I went and lived in the forest for three months this year, and while I was gone I missed the sound of the trainyard, the planes, trucks, people.. The nonstop din. But when I got back I was sitting on a bench waiting for a bus on some street that smelled of urine and garbage, where your shoes stick to the shit on the ground and there are uncapped needles laying around.. It was here that I wondered if I really wanted to come back.

Yes OP cities have tons of good and bad, but unless you want to go out all the time or work in the city, there is no reason to live in one. You will pay twice as much for little to no space, and no personal space free from other people.

Surrounded by people constantly, but too introverted to talk to any of them. 2 years in the apartment, only knew the girl one over. Never felt so alone. Car vandalised twice.

Now I live in the middle of nowhere, and though its still lonely it feels normal instead of depressing.

Live in the burbs, just outside of Orleans parish. I avoid that crime ridden, nigger filled place like,the plague

This is the long and short of it OP. People who hate cities are either old or hicks.

Sorry I don't want to live in a place where the fine dining restaurant, the dive bar, and the buffet are the same place when I'm young.

living in city > not living in city

yes, just live 30 minutes outside of one instead

This. Any city worth a damn will have transportation into it

You just have to find a city with no blacks, Latinos, Muslims, or Indians.

Check actual crime ratings. Rural areas tend to have more crime per persona. Of course a city with 6 million will have more overall crime than a place with 100.

The violent crime rate in LA is like 4.0. Meanwhile Big Bear Lake up by San Bernadino (it's a mountain area with lodges and shit) the crime rate is like triple that. Down in Thousand Palms, there's also like a WAY disproportionate crime amount there as well, far worse than LA, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Long Beach etc.

Also richer places= more property crime. Newport Beach (richest area in the entirety of the US) has like a 20 in property crime, and Hollywood has like a 30. Why? Because if you're going to break into someones home to steal shit you're going to break into the home of people who clearly have a lot of money. Like someone with an 8 billion dollar Beachcliff mansion.