One-time Champions of the Premier League

>One-time Champions of the Premier League
>Just relegated to League One
I know it's been more than 20 years since their PL title, but what on Earth went so wrong in the course of two decades?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYwf2SBWa5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1 time championship doesn't mean anything. Clubs who were bigger than Rovers in their respective leagues like Parma and Glasgow Rangers suffered worse because of bad management and mediocre clubs like Manchester City became giants thanks to their rich and successful owners.

Had to count all 4000 holes, although they were rather small. This left no time to build a successful team.

On the other hand, know they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

> what on Earth went so wrong in the course of two decades?

youtube.com/watch?v=IYwf2SBWa5o

VENKY'S OUT

Basically, try to avoid your club getting bought by an Indian chicken magnate.

Really activates my almonds

They're at their natural level. They only became big because some guy from that shithole town became a multimillionaire and invested heavily in the club before the Premier League became globalized.

>what on Earth went so wrong in the course of two decades?

this The owners didn't even realise when they bought the club they could be relegated. The owners or beyond clueless, and because the FA are so inept, the takeover sailed through unchallenged.

I remember when things started to go wrong, a perfectly fine manager in Sam Allardyce was sacked and replaced by a "yes man" and we (the fans) began protesting. The worse part for me was the way the media initially portrayed us saying "its disgusting how they are treating the manager and owners". And that was the likes of Shearer, Alex Ferguson who should have known better. The only pundit that spoke out against the way the club was heading and defended the fans actions was Robbie Savage. (interestingly enough when Shearer went on a rant about Newcastle owner Mike Ashley that was fine and he got some support)

When it's a big club getting shit on it isn't tolerated, when it's a small town in Lancashire no one bats an eyelid

After relegation to the Championship the debt started to mount, and refusing to sell the chicken fuckers started to asset strip the club, blaming the poor form of the team on their poor choice of managers. When you sell your assets and bring no one in, its only a matter of time

I would like to see the FA intervene to stop this happening at other clubs, and if the FA are too inept to manage the game, then the government should step in

>more League titles 1 (one) than Liverpool 0 (zero)
>in league one

Why venky's? Why?

Reading stuff like this makes you wonder how the fans ever allowed this to happen. You don't see this around other parts of Europe.

Like how come Blackpool fans haven't chased their owners into a corner with fire and pitchforks and literally and unironically had a public lynching yet?

Then I remember Arsene Wenger hasn't properly challanged for the league in over 10 years lel and fans still sing his name.

Is it just the English mentality of "getting on with it" ? Are the Brits really just pussies as a nation?

>Reading stuff like this makes you wonder how the fans ever allowed this to happen. You don't see this around other parts of Europe.

I bet their fans supported the shit of it at first thinking they can prosper and have big transfer with corporate money.

The problem was deeper than just the venky's though. It was already a shit club before they took over, infact the club might have already been relegated once (this is pure memory no fact checking so could be wrong). The league title they got was completely bought the then owner blew his load on the new era of Premier league football while other teams hadn't apart from maybe United. Club ran out of money and fell down the table never to come back up again.

Then the venkys fucked the corpse

No not really, as soon as they took over they started talking shit, so it was pretty clear from the outset we were heading for a disaster

The only factually correct thing you said in your splerge was the club were formally relegated, in 1999. Jack Walker left the club financially secure, no money to bring in huge signings but enough to mean they could afford enough quality to maintain their premier league status. But the Jack Walker Trust who were left in charge, became greedy and started to cream a little too much off the top, then started to look for a buyer so they could retire.

Interestingly enough, 2 years before the chicken fuckers bought them, they had turned down a higher offer from someone richer who was born in Blackburn but had moved to America to earn his millions. They should never have sold to Venkys, the club was left in their hands entirely to prevent what has happened from happening

>Reading stuff like this makes you wonder how the fans ever allowed this to happen. You don't see this around other parts of Europe.
Like how come Blackpool fans haven't chased their owners into a corner with fire and pitchforks and literally and unironically had a public lynching yet?
Inept regulation.

This. They struck very lucky with Jack Walker and were able to invest heavily in players before the stupidly inflated transfer fees and Bosman. They managed to somehow get Alan Shearer ahead of a host of top clubs at the time and a host of others like Chris Sutton and David Batty.

They were doing alright with John Williams at the helm second time out in the PL and then Venky's came in, sacked Big Sam and boom went all the stability they had.

They had a litany of shit managers post-Allardyce as well with Bowyer being the best one. Legit forgot Henning Berg managed them.

it does happen though, it happened to Unirea Urziceni here.

english fans love football more any other nation to a fault and that leaves them open to exploitation. they'll support the club regardless, even when they protest against owners, managers, whoever. they'll keep giving the club money.

blackburn are not a big club lad

I disagree that this is their natural level. The club has spent the majority of its history in the top flight and Jack Walker's time with the club only represents a very short period of that history.

I'd say lower half of the Premier League, top half of the Championship is more their level than League One.

tfw forest fan

Lol though

Kek

is it true the owners didn't know how to make a player transfer?

2muchbanter

VENKY'S IN

Not sure about that, I know they thought the Premiership was like the NFL and didn't realise they could be relegated. That's why the FA should be accountable some what. They should not be letting businesses buy up football clubs when they don't even understand the fundamentals

hire him already

>You now remember the based Blackburn team of mid 2000's with Bellamy, MG peds, Tugay, Bentley, Kuqi, Rocky Santer Cruise etc

Precisely.

Blackburn have had it bad, but not as bad as Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, etc.

Forest in particular have been like witnessing a death by a thousand cuts, such is the problems seen there.

>league one
they'll be in good company

so you're saying that Blackburn Rovers have won a PL title, but Liverpool FC have not ?

unironically one of the best players I have ever seen

I remember quite a few years ago Lineker describing Maradona warming up against England at the world cup. He said he was just kicking the ball straight up in the air, waiting for it to drop right on his boot then kicking it up again. I saw Toogay doing the same thing in a warm up against Liverpool. Truly a pleasure to watch, Turkey's finest export

yeah i think thats the point. Obviously Liverpool have been Champions but never lifted a premier league title. only 6 clubs have

yeah he was pretty good, sad that he went abroad too late. also his personality is pretty nice and down to earth unlike most of other turkish players that think they are some hot shit(like emre belözoğlu, arda). in addition, he geniuenly loves blackburn fans he still keep praising them even in his new interviews.

well i thought he came at alte age and we wouldn't get much out of him - boy was I wrong. as a long suffering Blackburn fan, he is definitely in my top 3 Blackburn players, if not number one. He offered more to the club than Shearer did so maybe number 1, it's close

>Obviously Liverpool have been Champions but never lifted a premier league title. only 6 clubs have
ummm:

liverpool
everton
newcastle
spurs
leeds
villa??

This. Those stupid bastards could've avoided all of this if they simply did a shirt sponsorship deal.

Alas, here we are now. It's horrible to see clubs like Rovers, Charlton, Coventry, and Blackpool go down because of awful owners. Then again, the FA is filled with faggots who care more about the owners than clubs' fans and history, so it might be too late.

> not doing your research
> unironically thought there was no relegation in the Premier League

men you off. I think the key is that the premier league is only since 93 I believe. so I think its

chelsea
Man U
Man City
Arsenal
Leicester City
Blackburn

hi.

92/93 was the first Premier League season, and there were 22 teams competing

92–93 Manchester United
93–94 Manchester United
94–95 Blackburn Rovers
95–96 Manchester United