The Flash’ Movie Loses Director Rick Famuyiwa

Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s “The Flash” movie has hit another big speed bump: sources tell Variety that director Rick Famuyiwa has left the project.

Sources close to both Famuyiwa and the studio saying creative differences again forced the split. The studio is still very excited to get the project off the ground and is expected to have a director shortly.

Similar issues arose with the “Wonder Woman” project after Michelle MacLaren left and was quickly replaced by Patty Jenkins without causing any issues to the production schedule.

Warner Bros. had no comment on the news.

“When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day. I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor,” Famuyiwa said in a statement. “I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force.”

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/the-flash-loses-director-rick-famuyiwa-1201905032/
bet.com/celebrities/news/2016/05/17/kiersey-clemons-hollywood.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The move comes as a shock, given that pre-production for the film is already in high gear, and production was set to start in early 2017. The project was also far along in casting, most recently adding Kiersey Clemons to play Iris West and Billy Crudup to play Barry Allen’s father.

The movie was scheduled to be released on March 16, 2018. It’s currently unknown if this latest detour will force start of production and the release date to be moved.

After Grahame-Smith’s departure as director, the studio acted swiftly to replace him without any hiccups. This situation, however, is different; pre-production was in the very early stages at the time of Grahame-Smith’s exit, allowing the studio to regroup and focus on finding a new director. With pre-production so far along, change course now will be a tough hurdle to overcome, while still meeting deadlines.

variety.com/2016/film/news/the-flash-loses-director-rick-famuyiwa-1201905032/

JUST

>a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view
Go to Marvel with that gay shit.

Hm. How was Dope anyway? I don't know this guy's stuff.

It does sound like Spider-Man Homecoming to a T

But Warner said they are a filmmaker driven studio hahhaa
this is like 3rd director dropping out

Ideally George Miller takes over and it's non stop speed force from the first minute. No filler, just Barry, Reverse Flash, Mirror Master absolute action kino. Pls WB.

more like shit god

To be fair MCU has had a few directors drop out as well

Fail god

Based God

Name 4

CANCEL THE FREAKIN CYBORG MOVIE!!

No one gives a shit about him!

Make another Batman movie, Harley, Joker, or something along those lines if you want DC to survive.

>dude running fast lmao

why don't they just buy the rights to original fantasy books or anime or something instead?

yeah I don't get why DC is pushing this literally who character on us.

What's with the recent obsession with making Iris black?

>Joker
Oh yes, all people are dying to see more HONKA HONKA and MARTHA

DC is cursed jesus christ

Actually, yeah. He was awesome, closest comic Joker yet. Epic Nolan babbies pls.

Yeah, no. The Joker is supposed to represent chaos not be LOLSORANDUMB

>the city of DLCEU
lmao

He always looks fantastic. He just needs a better script.

They need M. night Shamalon
The twist:
He was slow the whole time

>WB cucks are trying to ruin Snyder's conservative values

He's TERRIBLE, stop sucking his dick

>inb4 Marvelcuck
I love DC, that's why I hate him so much

>I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view

Fuck off to Marlel, we DChads don't want that cuck shit in our universe

>I love DC
nobody cares what you think manchild

>rick famuyima

Holy shit literally who

My mum does

director of "muh black movies" like Dope

He probably wanted to have a big black speedster

YESSS THE NIGGER IS OUT
WB is based for kicking this coon out,he was going to fuck up the movie anyway.Dope move.

Isn't this the second director they lose on Flash?

Yes.

Marvelcuck

#MWBGA

Show got popular. More people know the show at this point. I guess they just wanted to make it as much like it as possible so that they could profit from the similarities

They cancelled cyborg movie already

Listen here you little shit

They're saving Miller for the New Gods.

people were whining that superman fighting zodd lasted too long, I doubt people would want barry running fast for 2 hours

If it's not a film about speedforce then they are fucking retarded regardless of who they get to direct their shitty script.

I WONDER WHY

I realized a while back....

I'm not a DC movie fan, I'm a Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder fan.

Outside the side effects of their productions (casting, world-building, etc.) I dont give a shit about these other DC flicks.

Zack Snyder is my God

He already brought in another black Iris, so the damage is done unless she leaves or they get rid of her.

>be a light skinned black with a white mother
>get role of white comic book character
>shit on whites and complain about dark black women not getting enough roles
bet.com/celebrities/news/2016/05/17/kiersey-clemons-hollywood.html

For the love of God, just recast the whole thing with an actual man as Barry and a hot redhead as Iris.

god what a sanctimonious retarded fucking bitch

Based WB

I don't want niggers directing on the DChad universe

>mfw marvel is getting ruined by sjw faggots

this

But no movies that have lost two. In fact, I can't think of *any* movies that have lost two directors in pre-production. It must have happened, but I can't imagine they were good movies in the end.

They've lost Edgar Wright off Ant-Man & Patty Jenkins off Thor: The Dark World off the top of my head.

It helps make her distinct from Lois Lane.

who will replace Ben when he leaves?

he constantly talks about fixing the script even more

I bet it's the executives + Johns' doing

plenty of muslim around nowadays
no problems replacing him

There's a reason dark skinned blacks distrust light skinned blacks

its good, nothing brilliant but its worth a watch

you're being ironic right?

Ben goes in the Lazarus pit. Comes out as Jensen Ackles or Armie HammerZ

>director of Dope
>wants to continue to make "multicultural" shit

Yeah he wanted to make it "progressive" and WB/DC were too stupid not to rule this shit out before he was hired and it's blown up in their faces.

Will be nice watching her get WHITED on the big screen

I want to FUCK

>mfw

>using an old picture
>pretending racemixing is okay when it's a black girl

>light skinned black with white mother
>hates whites
Every fucking time!

mothafucking white people caused ALL the problems in the world, if white people never existed the world would be a happy place full of dancing and MDMA!!

why don't more black chicks straighten their hair? Most of them look so much better

Armie would've been a great Bats if they went the younger route

He was George Miller's guy. Even so far as to keep him away from the rest of the cast most days in order to build that feeling of not belonging. Too bad for him.

He's heir to a fortune and I still feel for the dude

I'm hoping that documentary on Miller's JL hits soon

Was ridiculous giving a monkey a camera in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Geoff Johns who kicked him off the project. The Flash is his baby (moreso than any other character) and being mad with newfound power at DC, he's making sure that things HAVE to be done his way or not at all.

Heck, he might as well be directing it himself at this point.

It's only good when the black man loses

>what did he mean by this?

Two jeffs

Unlike Marvel, who repackages the same generic macguffin-plot into a new movie every year while stopping only to change the actors and dialogue to keep up with the newest tumblr obsessions and reddit memes, DC's films are actually attempting to be visually and tonally distinct in an effort to elevate the superhero genre from mediocre blockbuster garbage to artistic tales weaving themes of morality and sacrifice into monumental and dynamic epics on screen while also questioning the very essence of what society deems a 'hero'. The difference is honestly night and day; during a Marvel movie the viewer is more likely to gobble down popcorn while during a DC film the viewer will likely take out a pen and paper and start taking notes.

Or maybe trendy hipster DC """fans""" just like to slurp up faux pretentious themes in an attempt to seem "le mature" and "le edgy"

dc is kino

Sure, but then your son is a black man and your daughter hates you.

Nobody knows who she is so nobody really gives a shit either way. She's like Pepper Potts. They could have cast a black chick and no one but autists on the internet would have given two shits.

i care

>ITT: MCucks and shills so desperate to poison the well that they'll talk about movies not even in production yet, while there isn't even a decent MCU discussion thread up on the catalog.

kek.

Yeah, being a pouty, pretty boy was always the joker. He was also really into gold bracelets, and edgy tattoos. I don't care if Nolan Joker as nothing like the comics, he was still the best Joker.

will they fired James Wan too?

>Billy Crudup to play Barry Allen’s father.
MY DICK

DID YOU KNOW SNYDER HAS 12 CHILDREN AND TAKES CARE OF ALL OF THEM AND THAT HE HAS BEEN MARRIED THRICE!

Too shiny. He looks like a power ranger.

Comes as no surprise to me.

They'd fucking better save him for New Gods. And another Justice League movie on top of that.

Who was complaining about that? Best part of the whole movie.

They're going to make it another colored I bet.

Nice pasta man, I personally love this meme.

Based Johns.

Nah, he wrote the screenplay for Aquaman with Johns himself and he's really pumped to do the movie with how he's been talking it up big time.

Where's my Green Lantern though? I don't care about Flash.

all this justice talk and im just waiting for new xmen movie

How did it come to this?

I'm with you brother, Fox is the only good alternative to Marvel Studios' bland and generic capehsit.