10/10 Albums If It Weren't For That One Track

If only "It's Not A Fashion Statement It's A Deathwish" wasn't such a structural mess... :|

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D66_NiTJSTc
youtu.be/3df8CooYnSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

edgy

Nah this album is fucking flawless. It's the absolute embodiment of angst, good musicianship, chemistry and catchy punky songs.

Tacked on songs at the end from their old days.

Hybrid Theory

>mcr
>10/10 album

Album is a modern classic lad.

>not realizing the genius of My Chemical Romance
You're on the wrong side of history, buddy. Also, don't let their largely insufferable fanbase ruin it for you, if that happens to be the case.

Not a fan of Cemetery Drive

only song i've heard by them is that one where they're in a desertl or some shit. ever since then i've hated them with a fucking passion

Fucking awful garbage band. Stop meming that pleb shit I'm unironically mad now.

fuck off nu-males

How did you get a photo of me?
I'm gonna get my wife's boyfriend track you down!

Go back to your precious Kanye

>judging a band by it's fanbase

I don't like crap but I'd take kanye over your cringy teenager music any day

>anyone who doesnt like music for antisocial middle class white manchilds likes to hiphop
lmao you numales are a joke

I actually like Gerard Way's new music too... Maya the Psychic is my fave

Oh, that's from their last album. That's their worst release actually. Also, I used to hate My Chemical Romance too. Don't get me wrong. But, I then heard "The Ghost Of You" and it was such a pleasant surprise especially with how great the verses are. That's when I started realizing how great the band actually is.
youtube.com/watch?v=D66_NiTJSTc

Really? During the verses, I love the ascending sliding of the clean electric guitar in the left channel coupled with Gerard's vocal melody. Also, for the chorus, Gerard alternating between the Eb and E makes for such a God-tier vocal hook.

:^)

See, this is exactly what I was like. I dismissed My Chemical Romance as edgy, teenager trite and it's largely due to the fanbase. You should actually listen to the whole album and actually judge for yourself properly.

>Not Brother or How It's Going To Be

> youtube.com/watch?v=D66_NiTJSTc

This, is awful. The literal epitome of teenage embarassing pop music. I'm not even exaggerating at this point, it's actually the absolute cliche of what you imagine when you think about "shitty emo pop-rock for 15 yo teens" a la Fall out boys, Green Day, the list goes on.
I'm saddened for you if you really think this is good "music"

I did listen to it. That's why I came to the conclusion that it's for antisocial middle class white manchildren. The music is just as unbearable as the fanbase.

I'll save this thread

-holiday and surf wax america

I don't even wan to listen to it now, and it just proves that MCR are rightfully the worst band I've ever come across.

Pinocchio Story

literally the saddest piece in the history of art. and i say this unironically

this is like one of those albums I fear putting on my chart but at the same time fucking love

>I'm saddened for you if you really think this is good "music"
It is good music and more and more people are starting to realize that. Sorry if I'm not listening to Power Noise and Musique Concrete all the time and can perfectly enjoy and find merit in music with a strong pop sensibility. :^)

t. 19 year old who is currently recovering from being an avant-teen

ffs can't the mods ban anyone who posts shit music?

>10/10

people like you are the main reason this board is such a shithole

>It is good music and more and more people are starting to realize that.

I'm not quite sure about that my guy
consider backing to /r/eddit btw

what the fuck are you fucking talking about, surf wax america is a great song

Clever bastard.

Nope, it's a downright 10/10. There isn't a single weak track on The Blue Album. Rivers was an absolutely genius Pop songwriter during the 90s.

How? Why can't Sup Forums mature past its anti-poptimist sentiment even when it simply comes to rock music simply rooted in pop songwriting?

I'd argue that at least Sup Forums and RYM are warming up to My Chemical Romance. Also, the only reason I'm even on Sup Forums in the first place is because I never liked Reddit. It's literally good for nothing except maybe r/hayleywilliams. Nice try though, buddy. :^)

ok I fell for it hard well memed
9/10

Stop bumping this thread you retarded numale

Travis Scott- Rodeo
If it wasn't for you know what track.

I've been nothing but serious this whole time though.

All I'm doing is responding. Feel free to stop replying, friend. :^)

I don't want to stop replying.

I was a massive fan of MCR as a teen, so I still have a soft spot for them, but that track is crap and not a good example at all imo.
I always thought they released some of their worst songs as singles. Used to get on my nerves so much.

gb2 >>>/buzzfeed/

>This entire fucking thread
Man it feels so fucking good to listen to patrician music

this thread is truly epic

You mean their last album, the one that was radically different from everything else they had ever done?

Give Three Cheers a chance, user.

Agreed, fellow MCR-bro.

They were a lot better when Gerard was on drugs, their first album is pretty solid. Not a huge fan of the rest of their stuff and while I acknowledge the musicianship there the power-pop style of MCR is just not for me.

Drowning Lessons is 10/10

That and Demolition Lovers are the two songs by MCR that genuinely can get make me feel edgy.

You folks sure have a weird way of spelling Cubicles.

Decided to download Three Cheers in flac after seeing this thread to see if it's as good as I remember and if OP is full of shit or not, I think what's important about it weather you like it or not is that it's pretty much the one album you could point to to sum up the mid 2000's emo scene, which was a big thing back then. It's more culturally important than it is good, although actually the album itself isn't bad. Personally I think I've definitely grown out of the type of music it is, but it's still pretty much the best that genre has to offer. If you're into that scene, then yea for you it'd be 10/10, just obviously you're not gonna get too many edgy 16 yr olds with straight black hair and skinny jeans on an image board, which I guess is why it's weird OP made this post.

MCR's last album was inspired by the death of the band itself, they even had a tour called "the black parade is dead" before making the last album, and mid-production did a 180 because they said they were done being the band they used to be. their last album and their radio singles are the least representative of the band and are the only if any flaws in the band's discography but fit into the band as a whole imo

Even more than the album, watch Life on the Murder Scene. I was really judgmental of MCR because of their fanbase but seeing how separate they were from other emo/screamo bands of their time and how ahead of the curve they'd always been put a lot of their music into context for me. They by far had the best concept albums of any other band in their respective wave of punk even including American Idiot (fantano even tweeted about it on twitter a few weeks ago).

First time I've ever seen these guys on Sup Forums. agreed.

could never be heaven

Cute. :^)

Huh, fair enough. I used to hate MCR in middle school/high school, but now that I've gotten into them, the singles from Three Cheers were actually what got me interested. I'd say some of the singles from The Black Parade like "Dead!" or "Teenagers" are among the worst tracks on that album though. So anyways, what would you say would be among the best tracks on Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge then?

The MCRpill truly is one of the hardest pills to swallow.

This is nearly a 10/10 as well. I just started listening to My Chemical Romance about a week ago, so all of this music is relatively new to me, but I was blown away by their debut for sure. "Cubicles" is amazing. Just every track is incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if their debut becomes my favorite, but I haven't familiarized myself with it enough yet. I definitely think it's perfectly reasonable to love their debut and not so much the rest of their material.

I understand that for many of you guys there is some nostalgia factor, but for myself, there is basically none. I didn't really grow up listening to any Pop Punk/Emo-Pop. Yet, as a university student, I've unironically come to love MCR. Maybe I'm just regressing in taste now. ;_;

I'll for sure check it out. I was already a little thrown off when Gerard was mentioning the Circle Jerks, Interpol, and Danzig in his Nardwuar interview with Ray. I'm unironically starting to think that My Chemical Romance (and dare I say Paramore too) were truly special among their contemporaries.

>Whodunnit?

i would never listen to it on its own, but i would never skip it while listening to the album

i'd go with "Wild Life". Its a little too nondescript among the other tracks i think

Great album still desu

whoops, forgot pic

Holy fuck! why is there another god damn one of these stupid fucking my chemical romance threads up right. fuck you and fuck every single one of you shitheads who is pretending like this band is anything more than garbage stock standard pop punk shit

you know which one

Nice 0/10 album you got there.

0/1 comment there

>You should actually listen to the whole album and actually judge for yourself properly.

I did. And its exactly what I thought it would be, edgy trash. They're not untalented, they have one or two good songs, with a shitload of whiny angsty trash.

youtu.be/3df8CooYnSs

Literally literally the only good song MCR has ever made. Trash band with one (1) good song

I don't get it, do you think youre like post-edgy for liking this trash? Now I understand normalfags like lil peep who are into this garbage in 2017

>blown a wish

I love that song :(

Country Figs
agree
not a bad song but average for me

all other MCR from this is trash

also Teenagers prevents this album from being a 10/10