They never recovered after quadrophenia, right?

they never recovered after quadrophenia, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qp1EATjmP40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go to bed grandpa

literally who

who by numbers is so unlistened to & is a good album.

I agree. Certainly not their best, but still a catchy and well-made album, and the lyrical subjects are interesting ones that they never really dove into anywhere else.

Tommy - the studio version or the Live at Leeds version? I give it to Live at Leeds, even if the studio version has Underture.

literally who

Sliding into middle aged alcoholism and irrelevance is what I got from the songs on that album.

Exactly, and I thought those were pretty interesting subjects to write about considering where the band was at the time. They had built their image up as being very reckless and enthusiastic in their live performances, but by the time their tour for Quadrophenia was over, all of the band had either reached or was nearly 30, Townshend was exhausted and disillusioned from years of touring, and Moon was becoming even more of an alcoholic than before. As a result, TWBN was very stripped-down and straightforward compared to Quadrophenia, and that's what I think is so neat about it.

John Entwistle's death was the end. It's not really the who anymore is it? Some old peado and a salmon farmer, even if they do rope in Ringo's kids

I prefer the studio version desu, the added instrumentation makes it better

Has anyone here seen them live recently?How were they? Is Daltrey's voice still fine?
Though choice tbqh, Live at Leeds version would be untouchable if it had a live version of Underture, which i think it's the best track on that album

What's the last Keith Moon album?

Who Are You is the last album with him, pretty nice album imo, i still think to this day that it's the last good Who album

Then Pete went off making his mad lighthouse thing.

whomst ?

Fuck off

Stop posting this smug hack.

The opinion of Robert "Ersatz shit" Christgau is irrelevant and trash.

Nice one.

Quadrophenia was their absolute masterpiece, but they released a couple of good albums before Keith died.

Are they better than the beatles?

Apples to oranges, but anyhow the answer is no and I don't think we'll find a Who fan that thinks they're than The Beatles.

Got the first album on, it sounds like a bin falling down the stairs (and I don't mean it derogatorily )

>christgau posts got deleted
the end of an era, lads...

youtu.be/Qp1EATjmP40

Because John apparently said before Elvis there wasn't anything. The First World War and WWII really made people forget just how great the late 1800's were, for music

But seriously, you can listen to early rock and roll, the 40s the fifties, The Who? What's that the mid-sixties? All that time it took.

It's genuine, it really happened.

So here it is, Merry Christmas, feed the world