Can he defeat Thanos?

Can he defeat Thanos?

What, is it Dormamu?

Yes, unless Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet.

Why is every Marvel villain a videogame boss?

Since Thanos is eventually going to collect all those color stones, does that mean Vision has to die when the one in his head gets pulled out?

Dormammu I've come to bargain.

The visuals in this movie were undeniably kino, it was solid, a 7.4-8/10 movie

Next movie, I wanna see Shuma-Gorath up in this nigga.

the only thing i know about dormammu is when strange used him to fight the hulk and got the shit slapped out of him

Wrong entity. That was Zom, not Dormammu.

This is the correct answer. Dormammu draws on the energy of several conquered dimensions, which would be more than enough to turn Thanos into a greasy smear normally. But the wearer of the Infinity Gauntlet is absolute master of the dimension the Infinity Stones originated in. If Thanos had the Gauntlet he could throw Dormammu back into the Dark Dimension with ease.

wasn't dormamu the one who revive venom and create carnage in the spiderman cartoon

Fags.

Thanos without Guantlet: Yes Thanos loses pretty badly.

Thanos with Guantlet: Thanos wins.

>Capeshit
who cares?

How does Dormammu know how to speak English?

yes

Everyone posting in this thread

Easily. Thanos isn't even that powerful without the Infinity Gauntlet w/ Infinity Stones. I think only Molecule Man can defeat Dormammu under his own power.

Mordo said he wants Earth the most. Why wouldn't he know how?

Also. Its a comic book villian. Chill with the over analyzing.

This ain't the first time he's targeted Earth. He's been coveting our dimension for centuries, viewing it remotely with magic. Past Sorcerer Supremes have stopped him from getting any further.

I'm pretty sure next movie will be about Mordo working with/for the Empirikul to remove magic.

They're not going to use the fucking Empirikul, those guys suck. The director has said he'd like to use Nightmare in a sequel.

Are they even planning a Doctor Strange 2? I thought they just did this to setup Infinity War some more.

Maybe they'll rework it so they aren't some stupid bullshit antimagic science dickheads that never explain how the fuck they counter magic.

Aaron should have just brought back Silver Dagger and given him a power boost. Shit, the movie basically turns Mordo into Silver Dagger, come to think of it.

Yes, Feige said he's pretty much their most important new character.

It's doing really well overseas right now and will probably do well in the US too, a sequel is pretty much guaranteed. Will probably take up the Inhumans spot in 2019.

Settle an argument with my friends Sup Forums:

At the end Wong laughs at Strange's comments. Is this a cheap throwaway quip, or intentionally included to show that Wong is now different, and Strange can't simply reverse time and un-create alternate realities without affecting that around him?

Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios' president, has a huge hard on for Doctor Strange. He's been talking the movie up for years, originally wanted it out back around the first Iron Man. Strange is his favorite character.

Currently Marvel Studios has three untitled movies slated to come out after the Infinity Wars movies. Guarantee you one will be a sequel for Doctor Strange.

Probably just a joke, but you never know.

Better question:

Are we going to see the Living Tribunal in Infinity War, since he was name-dropped in the movie? I have such a hard-on for cosmic entities, I was surprised when they showed a Celestial in GotG. Would be nice if we could also see Lord Chaos, Master Order, Eternity etc.

It's worthy of the praise, saw it today and it's a solid film. Honestly the best Marvel film since Iron Man and it treads along similar beats to that film.
Sucks that some retarded American reviewers will diminish it's rating with garbage reviews.

There's actually an easter egg in GotG when Quill goes to Morag. The mural there shows Eternity, Infinity, Death, and Entropy making the infinity stones.

Would be neat if they appeared in IW.

>American reviewers will give it bad reviews

What makes you say this?

I'd say we're probably going to see some pretty cosmic shit in GotG2 and Thor: Ragnarok. Those two, plus Strange, seem like they're partially being used to set up a bunch of crazy cosmic forces and entities ahead of the IW movies.

Every moron that writes film reviews in a shitty newspaper or magazine is counted towards the ratings, and a lot of Americans reviewers just review things according to their opinion or agenda.

>Thor: Ragnarok
Well Doctor Strange IS in Thor Ragnarok, so you can bet your ass it'll be cosmic.

I wonder if the rumor that Hela will take the place of Death in the MCU is true.

On the one hand, I guess it would make sense from a cinematic universe standpoint since we'll get to know her in Ragnarok and she's the queen of Hel/has ties with the concept of death (even has Death Queen as an alias). On the other hand, the Other in the Avengers end credits scene said something like "to challenge them is to court Death" to Thanos and he smiled. That seems to me like a confirmation they'll still use Death as Thanos's waifu.

They also confirmed Surtur and Fenrir for Ragnarok. The movie's going to have a giant cosmic fire demon and space wolf.

I think we'll still get Death as her own entity.

Can't believe Thor: Ragnarok is my most anticipated Phase 3 movie. I didn't care at all for the first 2 ones, but everything I'm hearing about this one sounds great (thank god it's set 90% of the time in space and Portman is out).

Plus, Taika is a great director

Is the second one good at all?

you dont even know how right you are

Nah.

I mean, the Asgard stuff with Thor and Loki is great, but the movie is ruined by all the Earth stuff with Jane & co. and the weak villain. I could ignore the weak villain (it's basically a staple of the MCU at this point), but all the Jane/Darcy/romance shit really drags the movie down. I would watch a version that cuts out all that shit out, but then you probably get an 1 hour movie. If you have nothing else to do on a weekend, it's worth a torrent if only for the Asgard parts and the IW build-up.

mads taught him which is why he sounded so funny

Death is confirmed for Infinity War

>tfw Thanos' entire motivation is trying to get his celebrity waifu to notice him

/our guy/

Congrats user, now you know how Infinity War II ends.

and then she cucks him for deadpool

all canon btw

Oh and I forgot to mention, the final battle with the portal shit was pretty cool too.

Man, this movie could've been great if they didn't waste so much time with Jane and her quirky sidekicks.

and it was fucking bullshit

Fuckin' A.

KINO

>waifuist gets cucked by reddit

pottery

>yfw Infinity War has a sequence of all the cosmic entities, including Dormammu, Ego the Living Planet, and the Celestials all attacking Thanos while he's wielding the Gauntlet

Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but that would probably give me a boner in the cinema.

Dormamu was so disappointing. They really pulled a Galactus from Rise of the Silver Surfer. Film was also rushed, had terrible passing, writing, choreography and that shameless Chinese market appeal was embarrassing. Not recommendable.