Why do strong women characters trigger /poltv/ so much? Seriously, why does it make you guys so butthurt?

Why do strong women characters trigger /poltv/ so much? Seriously, why does it make you guys so butthurt?

Why can't women make compelling characters? Teddy has a more interesting arc even though he's barely a side character

>women characters
Shes not a woman shes a robot you idiot.

because the alt-right are whiny little bitches

a lot of them go out of their way to flaunt the girl power meme instead of being actual badasses

because in some cases the character is rah-rah girl power and in other cases fans/blogs/idiots go YAAS QUEEN YOU A BAD BITCH and make me hate the character because I hate those people

rape is the hack writter way of making a female character a strong female character

Spot the Sup Forumstard. There's nothing interesting about Teddy. His whole purpose is to be a generic goody two shoes who can't accomplish anything

Because it's either:
>man with tits
or
>lmao fuck men women are better I DON'T NEED NO MAN

She hasn't been raped in the show so far.

The literal man hating penis envy cunt from The Fall is one of the best written female characters on television and it's because she's actually believable. She won't talk shit about getting into a one on one fist fight with a man twice her size and be expecting to win that shit.

The fact that you still have to refer to them as "strong" implying they usually are weak is fucking misogynistic as fuck and you're too dumb to realize it.

Stop calling them "stronk" women. It's played out. There have been "stronk" women since the 70's pic related. Alien never made a big deal about it, yet Ripley is hailed as one of the greatest female heroes.
Stop pretending like strong women are something special.

she's literally a rape doll, fuck off

because it's boring and predictable and pandering since womyn are bad at stuff and aren't tough or strong IRL

Because lots of writers nowadays think that a strong women character = kicking the guys in the nuts, yelling how stronk and independent she is, being as obnoxious as possible, being a mary sue who wins fights she has no business of winning.

women are not strong

It only bothers me when the effort to make the women "strong" a good story is undermined or good characters are put on the side or weakened to make another stronger. It's just bad story telling

pic related

Because representations of "strong women" in modern tv is almost always . It completely destroys all verisimilitude the show has built up to that point.
However, since the "strong woman" character in WW is actually a robot and has no gender, it doesn't really matter.

Sup Forums is filled with queers so they need as many penises as possible.

>strong women characters

If you read this and don't realize how stupid it sounds, and how it negatively impacts "art" you are a retard.

We know it happened in her past. It's not being used now as a way to build her up.

this
/thread

im Sup Forums and it doesnt bother me at all, shes a fucking robot

It's unrealistic and takes me out of the show, most of the characters are really badly written and pandering and because I hate women.

It's the equivalent of asking why strong men trigger SJW, two side of the same coin.
I don't know how they can be triggered by Dolores, Teddy also demonstrated godlike reflexes when he grabbed MiB's knife.
Being stronger and faster than humans seems to be one of their hidden parameter.

>robot does something with speed and precision
yeah that totally ruins it

How is an actual strong woman supposed to act like?

OPs post doesn't mention robots in literally any way.

>man with tits

Isn't this what lots of guys seem to want though? A bro with a vagina?

The image OP posted on an image board disagrees with you.

make the best sandwiches

If you didn't come from reddit yesterday you might know that people often use images that have absolutely nothing to do with their posts.

Found the redditor.

>be on Sup Forums
>see image from recent popular tv episode

nah that doesn't mean anything

>/poltv/

The funny part about this is that Sup Forums clearly has a lot more redditors here than Sup Forumsacks but I guess when you live in a delusional world where sucking "girl's" cock isn't gay anyone saying otherwise must make you think there are nazis everywhere

Lots of men love the alien and terminators and the woman is the main protagonist. The problem with a lot of female characters these days is that writers draw so much attention to the fact that they're women, being a woman doesn't make someone special at all.

It makes them feel insecure.

supernatural semen demon

Sarah Connor is in no way a strong woman.

A man's strength lies in his ability to commit violence, a woman's strength lies in her ability to manipulate a man's ability to commit violence. Depending on the situation, a realistic strong woman is one who uses men to her own ends (in antagonistic way) or supports the man she loves in furtherance of their goals as a couple. If the situation requires the woman to be alone against men in a physical way, then the strong female character would withdraw to seek for an advantageous position because she understands there's no fucking way she'll be able to overpower them.
tl;dr a strong female character is one who understands, accepts, and is able to control her strengths and deploy them intelligently. Just like a man.

Basically, a strong woman is a slut. Gotcha.

Pretty misogynist.

I don't think female viewers would enjoy seeing that every time though.

Good characters have strengths and weaknesses. They will have preternatural insight regarding their subject of expertise/talent, and likewise, will be uninformed in areas beyond their specialty.
Without faults or failings, a character has no substance.

A perfect character does not generate suspense. They will always succeed, and do so without conflict.

In regard to women, there is a tendency to create flawless representations of character for fear that any semblance of incompetence will magnify existing gender stereotypes. This makes for boring conflict, as they will always be victorious.

Complex women are valued equally with complex men. Perfect characterizations on either end are met with disdain and contempt.

>Basically, a strong woman is a slut. Gotcha.

Sucks being animals, brah

>Pretty misogynist.

Pic related

>I don't think female viewers would enjoy seeing that every time though.

You're right, they wouldn't, but the original question of the OP is why people find the "strong wommens" in modern media so annoying, and my response was to the question "how should they be portrayed?" A more realistic portrayal of feminine power would be less annoying (for me, anyway) than the "women as men" trope that has taken over all portrayals of female protagonists. The trope assails us on an instinctual level, which is why so many people find it annoying.

Because they don't exist in real life, women are only "strong" when men allow them to be.

because most of them ACT manly...a woman can't be a man...unless she's mentally ill

fuck you gaynigger reported

>Because they don't exist in real life, women are only "strong" when men allow them to be.

they do exist, but are rarely what Sup Forums considers to be "women".

i did construction for many years and the only women that could hack it were 5'6" ogre-tier lesbians that looked like they came straight from Ironforge.

shit, is that real?

Had a woman at my powerlifting gym that we called "bowling ball" for what I hope are obvious reasons. We wouldn't have made fun of her if she didn't insist that her manly physique was the peak of female attractiveness, and that every man within eyeshot was barely able to control their urges to peel her leotard off her fucking beergut.
Bitch could lift, though.

And in this case "strong woman" is a woman who can do basic work on the same level as an average man, not a fucking action hero who will beat KGB soldiers in hand to hand combat.

Your misogyny is not only worn out and old, it's boring too.

Because women are for making dinner and having sex with, DUH

>muh misogyny

t. triggered roastie

Women are shit cooks.

>misogyny has been codeword for "acceptance of material reality in regards to the sexual dimorphism found in humans"
Of all the keks I have seen piled towards the heavens, the peak of which could not have been imagined even by Olympian Zeues himself, the kek at the the highest point of this mountain represents my feelings toward this notion.