For a "warrior" culture that's based on honor and shiet, why the fuck would they use cloaking technology...

For a "warrior" culture that's based on honor and shiet, why the fuck would they use cloaking technology? Seems like the antithesis to honor.

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mara
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TOS Klingons are best Klingons.

The Klingon sense of "honor" is winning at any cost. Sneak up, lie, cheat, assassinate, anything goes as long as you win. Pretty much the honor goes me first, my house second, the empire third, fuck everybody else.

It's just good strategy.

That's not even a klingon

Is this some sort of bait?
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mara

The theme of TNG/DS9 is that Klingon "honor" is all talk, in reality Klingon culture is deeply corrupt and in decay.

Also the real answer is that STIII was supposed to feature Romulans, then a stolen Romulan ship crewed by Klingons, and then became just a Klingon ship hence why it's called a Bird of Prey even though that's what Romulan ships were modelled after in TOS

Victory is the ultimate honor.

>put an actress in black face
>call it an alien
cool

How did Klingons develop advanced space technology?

It's a Klingona!

"in battle there is nothing more honourable than victory"

sorry I messed up, the quote is 'war', not 'battle'

ITT: no one knows what honor means

That's why that one Klingon got yelled at for trying to kill Quark?

Stolen and reverse engineered from invading aliens. The cloaking tech comes from a political alliance with the Romulans.

The tried and true Paklid method.

once they realised they couldn't just He-Man their way through space, some of them started reading books.

shut up fag

>Its honorable as long as you win
>But its also somehow honorable if you lose and get your dumbass killed in the attempt
Klingons are fucking dumb and Worf is the only sensible one in their entire retarded race.

Worf is the only sensible one because he was raised by humans.

Are Klingons the blacks of Star Trek?

No, they have a culture. Naussicans would be the niggers.

Hopefully they get rid of this no cloaking for Starfleet shit in the new series.

Because it was originally going to be a Romulan ship.

>It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning's winning - Commander Kruge

But there are tons of cloaking Klingon ships..

Not until after the third movie, which was originally going to have Romulans.

Basically this, don't know how it goes in ds9 but in tng it is shown that the empire is decaying very hard hell evwn in enterprise they showed that klingons forgot the virtues that their society was based on.

They have a scholar class but the warrior class has become way more important in the series.

>don't know how it goes in ds9
A character literally says "The Klingon Empire is dying, and it deserves to."

I meant that I haven't watched ds9 yet I'm still going through tng and I started with enterprise.

>watching out of order
Wew cadet.

Is there any good Kira getting reamed by a group of Cardassian fanfinction anywhere?

It really doesn't matter.

t. a fucking pleb

I hate how the bird of prey was sort of a new thing in st3 and then all the sudden they have been around since before the federation (albeit in a gimpy wheel chair baby form)

>ridge fever
Watch it, Dukat!

should've reversed the direction of the hand

No, blacks are the blacks of Star Trek

I never understood how racists could enjoy a show so centered on tolerance and cultural diversity and shit. Trek clearly aims to portray black people in positive lights.

Like so?

...is that right?

Yes

Pleasure doing business with you.

yes yes well done Kira HOWEVER

Hunters don't run in screaming at their prey

because the romulans are using it

hunters also don't drone on endlessly about MUH HONOR

necessity

the romulans were probably handing their asses to them

Klingons do literally run in screaming in hand to hand though.

I guess the stupid ones get send in to fight while the smart ones stay on the ship.

Literally no honor in killing someone like Quark, which Quark banked on.

"Watch it, Julian"?

Final revision, I've made the hand more red to match the lighting.

But it would be victory and therefore honourable, right?
But the Romulans beat them without Klingons having cloaking tech, hell Romulans could beat Klingons with claoking, without functioning cloaks themselves.

reminder that your sexual organs did everything wrong that's why Dukat failed, commander

It's fiction so we suspend our disbelief. You know; faster than light travel, niggers not being completely fucking useless and a plague on any civilization they infest.

It's fun!

t. rump voter

No Klingons are basically Arabs. They have """honor""" in as far as they like to kill each other for dumb-ass reasons and throw their lives away pointlessly.

Okay if Klingons are the Arabs, what does that make Romulans?

Ancient Romans. They are a military based democracy.

What is the Tal Shiar

Germans had the same sort of warrior culture shit and they used submarines like crazy, it's not unrealistic.

roddenberry originally based the Klingons on imperial japanese

Hahah. Beaten to the punch. Explains the technology, as well as the cloaking field.

Reminder that Bryan Fuller has quit the new Trek series and been replaced by Akiva Goldsman who is known for such highlights as Batman and Robin.

Frumentarii. It should also be pointed out that the Tal Shiar first appeared late into TNG.

According to enterprise there are different castes, and the warrior caste wasn't always such a dominant force in Klingon politics.
The history we're told of the Klingon Empire looting and pillaging it's way to the top through "muh honor" is more a self serving myth of the ruling class.
Sort of like how american """education""" system teaches that the USA is the first democracy ever created and literally dindu nuffin wrong.

>Bryan Fuller has quit the new Trek series and been replaced by Akiva Goldsman
I'm not going to pay to watch this series which will never happen even harder now than I intended to not pay to watch before

just had to get your anti american faggot shit in hear didn't you canada

How did Worf get a cute Trill waifu?

dax was basically a klingon inside

>that seething inferiority complex

Can you do a "watch if quark" for odo? I feel like that's something he would say.

Curzon had Klingon fever.

My theory is that trill hosts adopt the personality of the previous host more than is let on. This is why Ezri Dax seemed so alike to how Jadzia described her pre-host self and why she jumped on Bashir's dick so quickly out of repressed Jadzia tension.

>My theory
straight into the trash

Anyone else find that Dax was prime waifu when watching DS9 for the first time in the 90s but now its all about Kira? Is this a symptom of changing beauty preferences??

As the show goes on, Kira gets less annoying and Jadzia gets more annoying. plus, nobody wants a waifu that gets KLINGED

>A whomp! comic that's not ronnie berating himself or D E E P E S T L O R E spooky shit

what the fug

so, general martok is trump right?

They're both subpar. The one true waifu is...

Wait, that's a Ronnie comic??

reminder Dukat did nothing wrong aside from perhaps being to leinient with the Bajoran terrorists, and except when he accidentally got himself stuck on the station while the boobytraps were going off and when he tried to screw over a rival politician by separating that politician from his son, but then he accidentally left a trail of clues and Garak caught him, and maybe that one time he accidentally got that chick pregnant, and when his whole life was ruined when he forgot that the prophets were omnipotent beings inside the wormhole, and one time he tried to convince Sisko that he was perfectly sane, and went about this task by talking to imaginary tulpas, also the whole becoming Space Satan thing might have been ill advised

>Not wanting to spoon your spoonyfu in the Jefferies tube

>tfw you don't know if she invited you to the sauna to fuck you silly or for getting revenge for her father and grandfather

Because they've been fighting the Romulans for so long that cloaking is permanently engrained in their tactics.
It's not without its problems. Shields are down and a crafty enemy like the Dominion can see through it. Cloak is pretty much only useful for hit and run or surprise attacks.

You would have been so more on point by drawing a Meiji and Post-Meiji Japan comparison but you had to sperg out and trigger the Shartinmarts.

Klingons are Japs by the way, including the Counselor/Shogun lording over a figurehead emperor and militaristic clan based society.

You're forgetting the time he stayed aboard DS9 shortly after a Marquis terrorist attack and specifically requested federation guards despite knowing the crew was compromised. And then accepting a message from Sisko delivered by a low-ranking officer in an era where computer screens were everywhere.

Kira is certainly the more interesting character. Maybe your attraction has shifted because of that.

>Kira is certainly the more interesting character
Weird way to spell curzan odo

Intendant Kira is the hottest thing in all of Trek.

That actually made me chuckle good one

>kira
>interesting at all

maybe if she had been played by ensign ro which is what actually was supposed to happen

it makes sense for a warrior culture to heavily equip their ships for warfare.

and stealth is perhaps the most powerful of defenses.

little bitch detected

this.

reminder in an early script or something, the Bird of prey was actually stolen from the Romulans, by the klingons. the romulans developed cloaking (much more in character for them) and the klingons just used it because they had it

> panel 3
> it's hebrew

well played ronnie

>detected

pffth...not likely.

*uncloaks behind you*
*fires disruptors directly into your warp core*

...nothing personnel, yur

>*uncloaks behind you*
>*fires disruptors directly into your warp core*

such honor.

Qapla' getting behind me