Does the triplet flow (3 notes per beat) exist outside of hip hop? Any examples of it being used in older music?

Does the triplet flow (3 notes per beat) exist outside of hip hop? Any examples of it being used in older music?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting
youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_colonization_of_North_America
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Triplets have been used in music since the 1500s as melody (including vocal melody). In poetry, it was one of the main forms of Greek poetry (look up "dactylic" poetry). In short, it's nothing new.

triplets are ancient, triplets in vocal melodies are pretty old too

/r/hiphopheads leave

>music since the 1500s
haha sure

>triplets just got discovered now by blacks

What did he mean by this?

>music
>1500s
nice revisionism faggot

digits.

>brining up race as if it that fact makes it somehow more ludicrous
When will racists all be culled?

Lol, why do niggers think they invented anything.

White people invented rap battles too

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting

there is an ancient story where loki does a rap battle with the other gods

>Norse literature contains stories of the gods flyting. For example, in Lokasenna the god Loki insults the other gods in the hall of Ægir and the poem Hárbarðsljóð in which Hárbarðr (generally considered to be Odin in disguise) engages in flyting with Thor

>user discovered triplet digits
shut the fuck up, kindly

because they have no sense of time or history
if they are currently doing something they invented it and are the only ones to have had such a novel idea

nice

>something which was developed in an entirely diffrent vain and tradition has any relevance to its development somewhere else
Please see my other post

>1910=music started

this fucking thread JESUS CHRIST
did we invent the triplet posting

Go back to your SOSORRY festivals, you white-guilt faggots

check these

WE

>triplet of triplets in a triplet thread

no beethoven already did youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU
migos added a bit more style to what lord infamous and loads of memphis rappers did prior.
but triplets aren't

Theres shittons of triplets in the opener of ITCOTCK, if you listen carefully

trip me out

I'm this poster and definitely not white
so I repeat, fuck off

trip me out son

>and definitely not white
post your chest or fuck off white boy

Ok, so youre discrediting white people for something they discovered centuries ago.

You sound like the racist here buddy

trip me out
trip me out
trip me out

Everyone was joking, no one actually thinks some Atlanta rappers invented the triplet. But you're taking whatever opportunity you can to spew baseless hatred any way

you first, baby

fuck that was close

>Flyting is a ritual, poetic exchange of insults practised mainly between the 5th and 16th centuries. The root is the Old English word flītan meaning quarrel (from Old Norse word flyta meaning provocation). Examples of flyting are found throughout Norse, Celtic,[2] Anglo-Saxon and Medieval literature involving both historical and mythological figures. The exchanges would become extremely provocative, often involving accusations of cowardice or sexual perversion.

>In Anglo-Saxon England, flyting would take place in a feasting hall. The winner would be decided by the reactions of those watching the exchange. The winner would drink a large cup of beer or mead in victory, then invite the loser to drink as well

>Flyting became public entertainment in Scotland in the 15th and 16th centuries, when makars would engage in verbal contests of provocative, often sexual and scatological but highly poetic abuse. Flyting was permitted despite the fact that the penalty for profanities in public was a fine of 20 shillings (over £300 in 2017 prices) for a lord, or a whipping for a servan

Fucking niggers are just mad white people invented rap

you made the claim you're not white. your job to prove it white boy

I think you're after my luscious colored chest

Could it be that you're fucking stupid?

so blacks literally culturally appropiated rap battles? holy shit this changes EVERYTHING

trip me out pls

trip me ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

TRIPERINO

TRIP ME OUT

FUUUUUUUUUUCKK
so close

doing something first doesn't mean you had any influence on a similar thing which happens later. thats like when people bring up the vikings to try to discredit columbus' discovery of america, it shows ignorance and misunderstanding

vikings did discover america before coloumbo, there is even evidence. They just didnt colonize it permanently or in large number.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_colonization_of_North_America

The Norse colonization of North America began in the late 10th century AD when Norsemen explored and settled areas of the North Atlantic including the northeastern fringes of North America.[1] Viking houses were found at L’Anse aux Meadows near the northern tip of Newfoundland in 1960. This discovery aided the reignition of archaeological exploration for the Vikings in the north Atlantic.[2]

The Norse colony in Greenland lasted for almost 500 years. Continental North American settlements were small and did not develop into permanent colonies. While voyages, for example to collect timber, are likely to have occurred for some time, there is no evidence of any lasting Norse settlements on mainland North America.[3]

give me trips

> does the triplet flow (3 notes per beat) exist outside of hip hop?

Nah man, only such advanced artists like you find in Hip Hop did in all the history of music...

>brings up case of stupid point people make
>he argues literally that point
How are you this stupid?

This is literally the same logic that hotep retards use to attribute inventions to Africans
Smh at the edomites on this board what have you invented

Name one thing """invented""" by white people that was not stolen from a different people

>people find senseless hate annoying
>THEY MUST FEEL GUILTY ABOUT BEING WHITE

Wait how are you all getting three numbers in a row? Is this a sign of a big musical release coming soon?

Trips thread

Theyre not "discrediting" columbus, theyre pointing out a far more primitive people discovered it before him even if that didnt plant the seeds of the modern us like columbus did.
The same way people dont think vikings or scots invented rap, theyre just showing its not an exclusively african american thought, even if that is where modern rap comes from
Geographical discoveries are also different from musical ones, believe it or not

Didn't it just come out that Vikings were muslims or practiced some form of islam? Nothing to do with this but I thought it was funny.

If Sup Forums is really going down this route, it should first understand rap comes from just general poetry and second it's too music. But whatever ffuck off to

thats the least true thing ive heard today, and i dont really give a shit about muh white heritage