Whats up Sup Forums. Anyone else here have an inconsolable need to travel. Just been chilling...

Whats up Sup Forums. Anyone else here have an inconsolable need to travel. Just been chilling, drinking a 5th of whiskey after a long weeks of labor, and man I can't shake the need to travel. Anybody else feel this way?

Do it. Best thing I've ever done in my life. From the UK currently driving round the east coast of Australia, amazing!

awww man I can't wait! Right now I'm saving money for a one way ticket into southeast Asia. I WANNA SEE THE WORLD! And I'll end up doing it alone and don't even care. I juist want to see the WORLD!

Come on, There's gotta be more b/tards that are obsessed with travel. Anyone? Literally it occupies my mind so often.

Spent my entire 20's living different places. Spent 4 of 10 years outside of the US, rest of the time was often travelling around the USA, never really sitting still. Last year I spent two months in Columbia, and a month in Costa Rica.

Now that I have kids, not as practical anymore. But highly recommended. Also, don't focus on a single spot like SE Asia, pretty common place. Try to find something a bit more off the path if you want a better time.

No one else dream of travel?

Not really

Honestly, I hate travelling. I know I'm in the minority with that viewpoint, but I quite dislike it. Stressing about reaching the plane in time, not knowing the local customs, now knowing whether I will get a good night's sleep....

I just really dislike it. I love hiking though, because then everything depends on me instead of on strangers.

Awesome man, I'm glad you've had an experience before you settled down. At this point I don't see myself having Kids, SE Asia is just a place to start for me. I want to live the of beaten path. Any suggestions?

I feel the same. It's not relaxing at all and a waste of money

i've never seen the ocean.

the largest body of water i've seen: the great salt lake in utah.

Different strokes for different strokes my friend. I feel similar in that i rather not deal with strangers, but i guess its kinda the point for me that I have to deal with strangers to survive. Fuck my inconsequential life i guess haha

the cheapest way to travel is sailboat. a 30' boat can house 2-3 people comfortably, and you don't have to worry about where you're going to sleep.

The ocean fills my heart in ways i couldnt even begin to explain.

Got a college degree? Go teach in China. Id never left the US before and was the first thing I did when I graduated

of course you want to travel... we aren't supposed to be huddled inside all day. its in our dna to want to explore and travel.

one symester away from my BA. Teaching English is a backup plan. Im so fucked Im not sure I could handle it lol

sound like ur a wage cuck and you should invest your money now so you can travel wherever the fuck you want freely, later

this is my plan as I am bartending right now and trying to move to Vegas so I can up my earning to 6 figures.. much easier to invest

Biggest recommendation is to hang out somewhere for at least a month, really get to know the place. (Also, usually Airbnb fares are 50%+ off if you say 4+ weeks) Find some unique medium/small sized cities. I discovered Essaouira, Morocco by clicking Random on WikiTravel. Ended up living there for about 4 months I loved it so much.

Know when to cut your losses and bounce. Some places you'll just hate, no matter how much other people talk it up. I can't fucking stand Costa Rica, traveled the entire country and it was just a giant shithole. So I left and went somewhere else. With that being said, try not to plan more than 4 weeks out if you are serious about it. Would suck to get stuck somewhere because you've blown all your cash on plane tickets for the next 6 months.

So many things can happen between now and when you are ready. A bad mentality to get stuck in, IMO.

Most people do
but there's the $$$$$ factor

It's called wanderlust.

what does that even mean? no shit things can happen.. if you aren't a moron with your money you can be ready for anything.. my job is very versatile and I can just up and move and get a job wherever.. I also work for resorts so it's really helpful and easy to get another job at a high earning resort

>handle it

I taught classes hung over, high, without preparation and about things I don't know. In China, it really doesn't matter. You speak English

I mean you do you man but living over there gave me the chance to backpack through several countries and see some cool shit.

Fair enough man, trying to stay in a positive mindset is stuff for someone who has been through what I have. But non the less I refuse to let my shortcomings stop me exploring exactly what I want to see.haha for sure my man, i Think I could swing it, if thats what I wind up doing! I think its awesome that you had the stones to see what you wanted to see

Ima fucking do it one way or another brotha.

You literally get 1-2 months off if you work there. I am always shilling working a year in China because not only was it a great experience in terms of fun, it was a lifechanging trip for me. Before I left I really wasn't doing well, I was way more socially anxious than I had ever been and I hadn't gotten close to a woman in years. I was mentally weak.

After one extremely lonely and hungry night, hold up in my hotel room because I was too scared to make a mistake speaking Chinese; I decided to change. Its been a slow process but from that day I challenged myself to do things that make me uncomfortable and its caused me to grow tremendously.

Just because you start alone doesn't mean you won't always travel alone, user.

buy a boat, travel the world.

That's the most positive thing i could have hoped to hear user. OP here, and my life has shrunk in a way I had hoped it wouldn't. But I want to write my own story, in another land. I hold no definitives for what travel will offer me but the chance to make my own path. Hope your path is blessed user

never underestimate how one word of kindness can change someones life. Good luck anons