>come home from school
>say hi to grandmother, whom I live with, who thinks the world of me
>dad isn't home yet, still at work
>unpack my school stuff and intentionally forget all about my homework
>go to the living room
>sit down in front of an old Toshiba box TV, to which my Xbox 360 is connected
>turn it on
>"swwwwwwwwwwooosh, wooorp"
>Xbox logo reflects in my eyes as I slowly but surely load into the original dashboard
>sign into my account
>"18 friends online"
>check to see if my main friends are on
>a couple are; we hop into party chat and decide to load up Halo 3
>we don't play yet, we just sit around and chat while we wait for our friend, Lear, to come online
>using the crappy one-ear mic but already having a great time with my friends
>Lear comes online and gets in party chat with us
>We load up Sandtrap on Forge and begin dicking around with the Elephant
>We do the trick where you flip it using another vehicle and get a funny prompt when flipping the Elephant back over
>We switch to Sandbox and build sky fortresses for a team CTF match
>Once we're bored of Forge, we try playing the campaign on Legendary co-op
>Since we suck, we don't get very far
>End up switching to matchmaking
>Play Shotty Snipers on Snowblind, Team Slayer on Guardian, and Griffball on Sandtrap
>We laugh all night long until 11pm, which was roughly my bed time
>Say goodnight to my friends, knowing I'll be doing the exact same thing tomorrow afternoon
>Go to bed happy and content with life

I want to go back, Sup Forums. I want to go back so badly.

we all do, OP

Welcome to adulthood, please leave your free time at the door.

I miss those days so bad man...

My buddies and I used to play unbelievable hours of Halo 2 custom games with random people - Tower of Power, Zombies, etc...

What the hell happened man.

Member the good times. Yeah I member

You can still have those days back. It's up to you.
You are the one that let yourself drown in the muck.
You are the one that can pull yourself out.

P.S.
>2008/xbox360
>young and blissfully unaware of the world
What are you, like, 20 tops?
Get over yourself.

Holy fuck OP. You're experience passing Xbox is the-fucking-same as mine! God damn those were easier times

It only gets worse. I promise.

Just wait until you're an alcoholic drug addict.

And yes I also remember tower of power, zombies, shotty snipes, hide and seek, and everything else.

Party chat was fun for a while but it eventually killed all multiplayer communities because everybody got into their own little groups and never made new friends, then when the groups died everyone was alone. That's why nobody speaks in multiplayer games as much as they used to.

This was literally the best life

This thread has me feelin;. 22 yo user here. Looking at my old Bungee profile, all those good times on forge and shit. Damn. OP you there?

I'll cheers to that user!

why you stop playing or what? im 28 and i still play vidyas with my brother in the evening.

Damn the feels 23 here, the hours spent playing “duck hunt” “fat boy” or “train” or trying to beat that custom
Map urban free flow thinking we would get special flaming armor or some shit ahhaha

DUCK HUNT. I was the fuckin kind of Duck hunt. I had a custom Duck Hunt map too on my file share

Ye I'm still here.

Oh cool. Do you no longer play games n stuff? What is your life like currently? Last thing I played was Fallout 4 when it came out.Nothing really since

I play WoW and Arma 3 with friends, mostly. It's nothing like the old times, but I have a couple of guys whom I'm very close with and game with regularly. Right now, I live at home taking care of my aging parents and extended family. It's not a very fulfilling lifestyle, which makes me so nostalgic for better times.

Damn, the summer of 2008 was so much fun. Just getting into xbox live, just started smoking weed, had my first steady job and was making money for myself... Used to sit around getting stoned and betraying my teammates in matchmaking, and lol when they would rage at me. Or go into forge on Isolation, just so I could climb the trees. Give me back the happy times!

50 yrs old here .. I can but agree. All I want for my birthday is minus 20-30 years and if possible removal of my main mistake which is wife/ex-wife and three kids plus a dog

I feel ya. I'm renting some room from a family I'm on good terms with after being kicked from my family home,work in a supermarket, suffering with some chronic health issues among other stuff. I rarely encounter my friends from the good old Halo 3 days. I'm alone most of the time anyway

geez, I had this same experience but with REACH. good times man. I played so much fucking SWAT and custom games with frinds in the party