Any other mechanics with dumb ass shit you seen pictures to share?

Any other mechanics with dumb ass shit you seen pictures to share?

I don't feel like posting my ex

what am i looking at here, overused brakes?

I'm a Ford Diesel Tech, and believe me I've seen some shit. Pads just like that, installed backwards, all sorts of funny crap indep shops do.

i got one

Pads backwards? Kek

putting in oil in their coolant reservoir.
Glad i chose an other job, it made me depressed.

>putting oil in the coolant reservoir
you know this happens naturally when a head gasket fails, right desu?

Nothing "stupid"
failed Fendt Vario CVT Tractor Gearbox, customers way of driving was a bit too harsh

I mean when customers actually put oil in there to top it off.

Piston from a Fendt 308 Tractor, 4 cyl, 4.2litres, turbo, around 80hp, with 7200hrs (unusual fail)

I remember leaving walmart and seeing some black chick with a couple of quart containers of oil, pouring them into her motor one by one. When she was done she closed the hood and drove off - no draining the old oil or changing the filter or even checking the dipstick to see the oil level. I mean yeah, maybe that thing guzzled oil and she just happened to know it needed exactly 3 quarts. But something tells me she had no fucking idea about what she was doing and just succeeded at blowing out all the seals in her motor.

I was extremely tempted to come over and help her out and verify she wasnt murdering the living fuck out of her car but then reality kicked in and reminded me i have no business approaching some total hoodrat ghetto trash nigger in the bad part of town and basically telling her shes dumb and wrong - so i didnt. RIP, poor mid 2000's chevy whocareswhatmodel shitbox, you deserved better.

ARe those marks from the caliper pistons?
Someone actually installed them backwards??

You know why an altima with 100k miles on it is burning too much gas even tho it has thesparks replaced 10k miles ago?

GM Ecotec engine. Bolt from the timing chain area. Everything in the path of the chain had this wear. Guides were destroyed.

>You Chevy owners should probably change your oil more often.

Lol @ asking for engine advice on Sup Forums.

Have a 2001 4.6L E-150. Owners Manual clearly states to use green, not orange cooland and don't mix em. I just bought the van and it appears to have orange coolant in.

I live in MI and some weeks the temp only goes above freezing for a few hours. I wanna flush with water and switch to green but it'll be hard to do safely in the cold.

How concerned should I be about running it as is for maybe 10K miles and a few months more?

From my Ford 300

Many aftermarket "universal" coolants are a yellow-orange color. It will mix and work with any factory coolant.

Looks like it was the connecting rod bolts that failed. Probably from improper torquing.

Coolant isn’t a big deal. Run it with whatever.

Yup

Yeah, that was just the Snapchat when I first pulled it out of the motor. Actually one of the connecting rod bolts completely stripped the threads.

Damn that's a pretty gnarly break

If it calls for Specialty Green Coolant, use that, it prevents causing internal pitting from it cavitating in the block. Flush out the Gold or Orange coolant. That's for newer vehicles.

It's a POD

>mocks someone for asking for advice
>asks for advice
Nice one kiddo
Your both faggots

oxygen sensor (lambda probe) and/or catalytic converter broken?

He's mocking himself, Professor Hawking.

Chill mate, I was mocking myself for asking. OP didn't ask advice. It's the weekend mate, be nice.

my grandad had a rule.
let other people commit the most atrocious acts of stupidity. never interfere just because you happen to observe it.
except if kids get involved. let them hurt their horses, let them trash their houses. but never, ever, let them hurt a child.

i think its a good place to draw the line. you can do much better for the world if you tackle problems at their root instead of trying to help every poor soul you run into them. but make an exception for kids, because kids are those that make the future exceptionally good or bad, depending on how you treat them.

that's what I was thinking.
I'll probably take it to a mech to do it since I am a retard with mech shit.

Opinions on most durable engines of all time appreciated. A few of the more obvious:

Chevy 4.3
Ford 300
Jeep 4.0L

Any more obscure yet just as reliable motors? Particularly I am interested in truck/4x4 motors

All 3 nice choices.

Why would you bring the bow with you to the ER?

Except the rest of the Jeep fucks up every month.

slant six.

2.2 ecotec.

You don't wanna look stupid when the resident asks "What kind of bow were you using?", now do you?

>because its fake
i think the backstory was they both found it so fucking funny that they managed to have such an stereotypical accident that they had to share the laughter with some nurses.

>"uuuh gee idunno the kind the shoots arrows"

The customers son described he drove backwards, there was a loud bang and then it stopped. Apparently the part that broke out also had the bearings in it for the control-shaft for the pumps.

You can kill these transmissions if you for example brake with too much engine power, by pulling the control stick simply back (the ratio is decreased and a lot of power is put thru that system, it doesnt like that)

If your talking about the 4.3 vortek it whatever it's called. Then I call some bullshit. Those I've driven Soo many different blazers and all were in different stages of burnt out. Had one myself hated it. 140 stock horsepower out of a 4.3L v6. This is why the Europeans laugh at us.

Pic related

lots of different bows...

see:

>different stages of burnt out.
So they still ran?

None of them well.
To be fair I drove that thing plenty of places it shouldn't have gotten. But that's trans and tires. I was trying to highlight a lack of consistently. Where I think the 4.0 straight 6 Jeep is a much more consistent engine.

Garbage truck mechanic here. Seen an s-cam bent 90 degrees

Not a mechanic, but I work at Autozone.

>had a guy try to check his oil by taking the dipstick, and dipping it where you fill it up
>guy wanted us to install a battery. Had the Honda type hold down.Told him the hold down is gonna break (thing was rusted, we didn't have the right size replacement) Go back inside for another tool.Came out and the guy had broken it.
>watched someone put trans fluid in windshield resovoir

Cont.
>had someone that wanted to fix their steel brake line with flex hose and clamps. Told him the pressure was gonna blow the hose off.Said he would go to oriellys to get the help he needed.
>countless, endless amount of people that don't know what high beam vs low beam headlights are
>had someone try to return wiper blades, saying all they did was smear. Realized he didn't take the protective shealth off

Oilfield technician, this is is your best and brightest.

I moonlight as an auto mechanic in my spare time to make a little extra cash.

>customer brings vehicle in for tie rod replacement, coolant flush, and repair estimate of leaking power steering system.
>requests diagnosis of left front making a squeaking noise.
>no caliper bolts on left front.

It's been like that for about a year. Professional shop's handwork, same shop that diagnosed his worn tie rod, and still didn't catch it.

>Re-using the same torque to yield fasteners you just removed

>None of them well.
So you're saying everyone of them still ran

Yes I didn't sit down and try to drive a non running vehicle.
Not saying there aren't plenty that don't run but why the fuck would I be driving those. When I think reliable I imagine something that continues to run well.

Nissan KA24E.

Mine's had rod knock for the last 30-40K miles. At 280K total miles, she's still kicking.

My other truck has the VG30. It ran with a stuck closed thermostat for about 5 months as a daily with the last owner. No issues has arose in the last year and change I've owned since then.

Fucking Nissan knows how to make an engine.

Jesus Christ! How do that not make a weird sound when the brakes were applied?

I have no idea. When I drove it before I noticed the missing hardware, it was just fine. No pull, no noises besides the squeak, I just though contaminated pads, or glazing. Nope, caliper rubbing the rim.

Only minor damage, maybe 6 thou of wear. I don't even know.

Incredible. Guy was very lucky.