The last thread 404d

The last thread 404d
Was Tony actually a sociopath? I thought he just denied his feelings rather than just not having them. That he wasn't manipulating Melfi as much as we thin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tmWXAPQiq_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8m5PTRLWFD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tony was a sociopath.

He rolled hedonistic and violent. Anything else caused him depression.

Alexithymic, culturally sociopathic (as in, selectively sociopathic)

As in, exactly as sociopathic as 100% of women are
i'm not saying this to be bitter or hateful, it's just accepted when you have a vagina

he's a broken actor in the theater that is living a gangster raising a family in contemporary modern america. he's chronically impulsive and has anger management issues, but i don't think he's a sociopath.

He was probably a psychopath. But it is "hidden" I guess under all this woe for me shit he did with melfi. He's very funny and charismatic that he can trick melfi into thinking he is being rehabilitated (like he tricks us the viewers) but we find out at the end that he hasn't improved one bit when he kills Christopher like that. The dream he has after that where he's just saying it like it is.

Also melfis finally breaks the conditioning when her friends tell her to read that paper which explains that talk therapy doesn't help him and he uses melfi to sharpen his skills

That sounds like my father tbqh

He really does care about things but I guess he can suppress it. Christopher being gone only improves his life, is helping him die being a psychopath? I don't understand psychopathy

Actually I don't either in a clinical sense. But I think he did all the 'help' because he realizes that his capos and shit are watching and he has to be a good leader in their eyes. Looking back tony was never going to kill Chrissy when that whole blowjob with aide thing happened because he brought everyone with him. It was a big show to show his compassion. But during this car thing they were alone so he didn't even give it a second thought, he just did it.

And the whole tony cares what people think / how it looks is already established when he goes with bobby and Carlo or something to heshs to pay his weekly or whatever and invites hesh out but hesh is freaked out and says no. Bobby says fuck him don't pay it but tony is all I'm the boss I have to pay.

I mean when tony found out Gloria died, he just started giving money to Brian and Artie, and the suicide hotline but he never really meant it. He was just doing it so he could look like a good person and so it wouldn't weigh on his conscience

I had to rewatch;

youtube.com/watch?v=tmWXAPQiq_Q

Is he really a pyscopath for killing him? Seems like he's dead anyways desu the way he's coughing up blood. He's so out of it he thinks he can just taxi his way home. Seems more like he is putting him out of his misery to be honset.

Tony also comes from an old school mentality about drugs (War on drugs era a lot of peoples parents may still have), couple that with Italian / mafia stigma of drugs on top of it. Probably been conditioned to think anyone that uses drugs is human filth that doesn't care about their life.

The fact that he forgave Christopher earlier throughout the series in relation to his drugs and tried to help him seemed kind of progressive for a man like him desu.

I'm 30, so I'm slightly older than some people here maybe and I can tell you my mother and father still demonize WEED because of the war on drugs, etc.

i thought it was his way of closure, yeah, for his conscience. Like Artie didn't commit so he didn't feel as bad, but if Gloria had done it WHILE she was with him he would have felt even worse. How he went around to the dealership and asked about her, concerned, I thought that was some caring

He was a "crafted" sociopath rather than a born one.

Nah, she was trying to assuage her guilty conscience over her complicity in his crimes.

Look at Tony when it came to his son's depression, or how he stayed by Pussy's sister's side right until her death. Or that cop he got fired. Tony was petty, selfish, and self-absorbed, but he wasn't a sociopath. He COULD feel sympathy and empathy for others.

That's what makes it all the sadder.

Has he ever done anything that purely stemming from the sympathy or empathy

Oh yeah the guy in the hospital later says he MIGHT have made it but he's not sure. I doubt it though. Hearing he's back on drugs, seeing the baby seat, and the crash itself pushed him over his tolerance level. I think it was only a season ago he said anybody else would have gotten an intervention through the back of the head
how much of it is genuine caring, and how much of it is an act, "this is how I should react", I don't know, but he fooled me if it was artificial

I don't think he was born a sociopath, I think deep down in his subconscious tony wants to change and wishes he was never part of this lifestyle, but he won't admit it. I think it's perfectly shown in the test dream, the whole varsity thing was played for laughs but in s1 junior tony could've chosen sports if he focused enough and his coach in ththe dream says he could've made something of his life instead of taking the easy way out. Deep down tony hates the path his father put him on, sure he has superficial pleasures like money and whores, but he isn't happy. We see more of this in s6, tony has a lot of hidden anger for his father

Stayed by Pussy's sister side when she was dying. Honestly, giving Christopher all the chances to recover that he did probably stemmed from some genuine affection, no matter how buried.

That time he refused out of guilt to sleep with the girl after getting shot.

Desperate for that actual happiness he sees joe whistler walking down the street has, but what if Tony actually is that awful a person deep down and would have done bad things anyway? Even in the coma dream, Kevin Finnerty tries to cheat

anybody know where I can read more of the scripts? You can find the pilot one online easily

More than his father, he just hates the soprano family, he said himself,"this miserable fucking existence, these rotten putrid fucking genes".

no he wasn't a sociopath holy shit lol

youtube.com/watch?v=8m5PTRLWFD0

More importantly, was Walter White a sociopath?

He just empathized with animals more, the only person he truly loved was meadow I think, it probably has something to do with whole innocence thing. It was just easier with animals for him, i remember in s1 where tony and Hesh were looking at horses and tony said he wishes he was one of them so he could roam free and leave this fucking world or something to that degree.

Melfi was full of shit at the end there. Tony was sentimental to a fault, just willing to kill for business reasons.

Carmela's affair was so much tamer though, and even then Tony had been unfaithful for decades. Not even a roastie defender but Skyler is a literal subhuman

>married to a murderous criminal
Carm admits she knew what he was the moment they met. Sky had to find out after 20? years of marriage that her husband "broke bad" and is getting worse. Admittedly she comes to terms with it after a while, but then near the end after he gets Hank killed (regardless of the circumstances) she knows she and her kids won't be safe because Walt is letting it get way too close to the family. Jesse already gasolined their house
carm knew what she was getting into, sky didn't

What is the halloweeniest episode of the sopranos?

Carmela is a more well written character and better acted. Edie Falco shits all over Anna gunn

He fucking died.

>gives a huge 6 figure sum to her fuck buddy Mr. Chad bigdick rich boy so he can get out of tax fraud which she helped him commit
>money wasn't even hers, it was her husbands money saved for her and her kids
>all the while she acts like the paradigm of humanity as she worships this man (beneke) who does the same thing as Walt (commits felonys for the sake of "helping his family/workers")

Forgot, when did Carmela do this?

50K to Meadow's school and the house that Tony built that she thought she'd get all the money for, and did, and didn't let him gamble.

Does somebody have that youtube link of Chase winning an award or something, and he says "everybody in the show lies constantly" ?

my flatmate was like hat, and more. that piece of shit sucked the life out of me for 1 whole year