Just watched this and thought it was shit. Am I just too dumb to get it? What does Sup Forums think?

Just watched this and thought it was shit. Am I just too dumb to get it? What does Sup Forums think?

What's there not to get?

I dunno, why did everyone think it was so great?

Cool story, decent acting, and well-paced. I liked it, it's nothing great but still a good film imo.

fuckin' knock it down a few points because you have to read

It was an original story with substance on top of what you said. Loved it.

1/2 tear jerker, 1/2 mediocre fantasy
didn't succeed at either IMO
the CG, acting, and camerawork were good, but that's as much as I'll give it.

This, but the effects are fantastic, even now.

plus*

I think you might be dumb. :(

only problem is that some of the CGI is dated, otherwise its pure kinotography

Everything I've read about it made it seem like god's second coming. I think the ending really fell flat for me. It seemed like it was building up to be so much more

What's the name of the movie?

The maze of Mr. tumnus

Really? Pan basically tells the ending when she first meets him. I guess you got too hyped. Definitely isn't an amazing feat of cinematography imo but I still enjoyed it.

I just thought it could have been more impactful. Maybe vidal's blood counts as innocent so the faun murders him instead. Also the "king of the underworld" is just some boring ass god looking dude with a beuatiful wife. It really clashed with the gritty and grounded feel the rest of the movie had

That was the point. Gritty is real, flashy is fantasy. I saw it as a coping mechanism by the MC. To me that was the whole point. Even when the fantasy is dark it still is within control, given what we know of the MC's life.

hmmm yeah, the problem I have with that is that the magic and fantasy had a direct impact on the world, with her escaping her room with the chalk

It's been a long time since i watched but i always thought fantasy was part of reality.

In her perspective, yeah. The only time any other character is involved is the mandrake root, which can be viewed as just abnormal to any other character outside the viewpoint of the MC.

How does she get out of the room then?

How does a kid have an imaginary friend? It's about her escapism to deal with the real world. Any story from her perspective can't be viewed as reliable

Pan's Labyrinth
or
La Bario del Flautas

hey fuckbois, tel dormo himself said there was actually magic involved, and he left clues for that interpretation, but still left it ambiguous and make up your own fucking mind

Everything was true.

Magic was involved, for the MC. That's pretty clear.

yes

It's Del Toro unleashed.

Saw this in theaters and there were idiots that bought there kids to this. I'm sure they loved the bottle scene.