Kylo ren thread

I love kylo ren. what do you guys like about him? what do you think would make his character even better? what do you want his story arc to be in viii?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MftSEu4vgg0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked that he was emotional and passionate instead of making him stoic and mencing like Darth Vader was.
I would like to see him redeem himself and perhaps even switch roles with Rey, so he is the heroic Jedi and she is the evil Jedi. I don't expect that to happen though.

Is he the type of villain numales like? Insecure, emotional and susceptible to temper tantrums?

>oh please don't make the villain evil and scary
>make him a little bitch
>I don't like scawwy :(
>if my gf gets scared she might not peg me after watching star wars

I also kind of want him to redeem himself and maybe switch roles with rey. I would also like it if they somehow became allies though.

what did he mean by this?

I never felt like he was a little bitch. the thing about kylo is, that to me, he never felt like a real villain and maybe that's intentional. maybe he will turn into an anti hero in the sequels.

also, please make matt the radar technician canon

No one understands the darkness in his soul.

touch a little to close to home huh?, minus the girfrield

The reason why you hate him so much is because he reminds you of yourself, and not in the ironic meme way with the nihilistic sense of humor, he's what you would actually be like if your escapist fantasies of being a dark jedi were made reality.

You're not actually the big strong badass you pretend you are, and you don't get to kill all your bullies with a lightsaber. you're an impotent, insecure piece of shit prone to flying off the handle who gets his ass beaten by a girl.

Thanks to Sup Forums, I don't think I can ever unsee him rage fucking in that chick from Girls.

anyone else thought his temper tantrums were hilarious?

I know this, that's why I like him. He's also pretty fuckable.

>I only like melodramatic one dimensional SPOOKY villians
Please stop this

Literally the Star Wars school shooter

...which I liked

THIS

They have to come up with a good reason for his betrayal of the jedi, good enough to redeem his autism.

I imagine this thread will probably be full of shitposting but I actually was fine with Kylo compared to the other elements of TFA. Driver seems like a cool guy too, looks aside.

>killing your own father in cold blood.
>getting your ass handed by an untrained teenager.

Theres literally no redemption for him.
The only good news for him is that s TFA is so gargage he will be forgotten like any of the prequels villains.

he was the best, no wait, the only good thing about that show.

Plot """twist""" he's a double agent and killed Han Dumbledore style

He'll get redeemed. Narrative for him is pointless otherwise. There's no point in him getting darker when he's done the worst thing he could do in the first movie.

he was severely injured when they fought tho, which everyone seems to always forget/ignore. it was emphasized how powerful chewbacca's crossbow was and how hurt kylo was. and he killed han because he was hoping it would help him in his fight between light and dark side. it wasn't in cold blood and I'm pretty sure we will see him mourn his decision in the sequel.

They didn't like his Sonic fanart.

Say what you want about Adam Driver but he at least has great hair.

He should lose his memory and join Rey to fight against Malak.

how does such an ugly guy become a hollywood actor?

>[Kylo Ren is] an impotent, insecure piece of shit

You're not really convincing us of the brilliant writing of Episode VII here.

JJ Abrams: "In Kylo’s mind, what he has just done seals the deal. It’s the ultimate proof to Snoke that he is to be trusted, that he will not be seduced by the light. And I think, the instant that he’s done it, he regrets it.”

We'll probably see more of him regretting it in VIII. Whatever that leads to.

I used to think he was ugly too, but he's kind of an acquired taste. he used to be in the army before tv. he is a really nice guy and modest if u see/read interviews.

also: he has an 8 pack and is shredded.

He got enormous for VIII too from the couple of pictures I saw of him going around with VIII spoilers.

He has a kind of magnetism to him in motion. I don't think he's very attractive but I can see some of the appeal.

He is Hollywood's vision of Sup Forums, or at least Sup Forums

>He got enormous for VIII too from the couple of pictures I saw of him going around with VIII spoilers.

need to see those pics

Aww, did I insult your favourite character? :(

You seem quite triggered by a comment about a fucking movie character and your post reeks of latent homosexuality.

I don't like him because he isn't a villain. He isn't scary. Simple as that. He's not a threat to the 'heroes' of the movie and therefore there is no tension. Sure I want my villain to be mean, evil and badass because it's a good vs evil movie, not a good vs confused and emotional.

Now tell me why do you like him so much? Why is a mentally unstable villain (or hero) acceptable? Does it make him more human to you because you yourself suffer from the same flaws and therefore everyone else does?

Vader is scary because he is so menacing. He knows he works for evil and he behaves accordingly, he destroys planets, tortures and kills people all to achieve his (or his master's) goal. Not only that, he is scary because he is competent. We can actually imagine him winning and achieving his goals, so it looks like Luke, Leia, Han and the rest of them have their work cut out for them. And that makes for an interesting movie.

Vader's arc is completed in EpVI when he redeems himself after getting softened by his son's cry for help making him kill the emperor. This was possible because there was a clear starting position for Vader in EpIV when he walks onto Leia's rebel ship and fucks shit up.

Where is Kylo Ren going to go? To a sith psychologist?

I bet you liked Iron Man being an anxious wreck in IM3.
>muh realistic and human heros

>darth vader was scary

Redeemed probably yes in a forced way. But as a character he will always be garbage.

You just cant write him out of being a bratty angsty teen that got owned by the mary sue.
That shit stays on record.

Is basically prequels anakin all over again.

>I love kylo ren
Because you're not just a faggot, but a plebeian faggot

Fucking hell, Robbie is probably dying.

Kekd

Scary, menacing, dangerous, sinister, terrible... take your pick.

youtube.com/watch?v=MftSEu4vgg0

Is he /ourguy/?

>Robbie is probably rottin'
fixed

I want reylo to happen

He looks like such a ratface faggot in the movie, must be the lighting.

Not every villain needs to be a scary badass. Why isn't a mentally unstable villain or hero acceptable? Why do you want the sequel trilogy to literally be the OT?

Besides, Vader was meant to be a tragic and pathetic character, not a cool evil badass. That was literally the point. Kylo Ren follows perfectly from him.

Reddit will do that do you though. It's seriously fucking cancerous.

This is the first one I could find in google images so here you go. Sorry for the retarded watermark.

Does the toy have a dent in the side of its face?

>who gets his ass beaten by a girl.
Wait, don't you TFA apologists keep insisting he only lost because he was wounded and conflicted and other bullshit excuses? You finally admit Rey was a mary sue and Kylo a laughable villain?

>Why isn't a mentally unstable villain
Because it's just a lazy excuse for hack screenwriters to be able to say "oh he's crazy" whenever a villain does something completely retarded because they don't know how to write a formidable antagonist.

>Besides, Vader was meant to be a tragic and pathetic character
Yes, Vader had depth. He was three-dimensional.

Making a character insecure and emotional is a cheap way of adding 'depth' because there isn't any real depth.

>Why do you want the sequel trilogy to literally be the OT?
I don't. I was giving an example of a villain done well. I could have used the example of Sauron, Saruman and Nazgul, or Tommy Lee Jones' character in Under Siege, or Jack Nicholson's character in A Few Good Men.

>Why isn't a mentally unstable villain or hero acceptable?
Because it's lame. In Star Wars they struggle over planets, star systems and the whole galaxy. Lives of billions are at stake. Having heros or villains struggle with anxiety in a movie like Star Wars is silly. How can we see him defeat such an invisible enemy? Do we want a villain to defeat his enemy? I thought we wanted the 'good guys' to win.

>Kylo Ren follows perfectly from him.
You only think that cause they show Kylo worshiping Vader's helmet. Which is also fucking retarded.

thanks for this. he does look pretty muscular, looking forward to see kylo ren after his training with snoke

I don't see what's so cheap about that. You could argue that making Luke Vader's son was a cheap way to give him depth too. Before that choice he was just a random evil villain.

Nevermind that you're ignoring Anakin's characterization in the prequels, which is canon whether you like it or not. Lucas had a vision of who Vader was and who he came from, and it doesn't match with yours. It matches more with what Kylo Ren is now.

Seeing human characteristics and struggles that you can recognize in a character is what connects you to a character. This is a basic rule of filmmaking. It's not silly, it's just how it's done.

You're just angry because he doesn't fit into a tiny box of what you think a villain should be.

This would be cool but the saber missed his eye. And everything that would really disfigure him. It's just going to be a "badass" scar.

>vader had depth.
if you see only the original trilogy he literally only barks around orders and kills people.I like vader, but he doesn't have depth in the original trilogy. the only moment he shows a little bit of depth is when he turns against palpatine to protect luke and then dies.

I hate when people try to act like Vader was something he wasn't. He was an amazing and iconic villain, but he didn't have a ton of depth. And that's fine, Star Wars itself isn't a series I watch for enormous depth.

I just don't get why people lie to themselves about it. Enjoy it for what it was.

that's true
more accurate pic related

What happened to Kylo Stimpy?

You think we'll see his scarred face in a promo? Or will they save that reveal for the movie itself?

I could see it being in a trailer. It's "new" without actually being new information, which means it's a safe choice. Not much point in continuing to hide Kylo's face for dramatic effect when we know what it looks like and we can figure what the scar would look like by looking at the wound.

this guy is right

you are an moran

I was wondering if he was gonna still wear a helmet in the sequel. if he will, I doubt we will see his face before the movie. maybe he will stop wearing a mask now though to show off his battle scars which I can imagine him using as a reminder to himself of his failures.

These proportions seem incredibly off.

The fuck is this shit? Fucking go back to Tumblr. Im sure they have thousands of metas explaining why Kylo is the greatest character ever written.

do they? looks good to me

oh, excuse me, I didn't know people could make threads about the shit that you like and interests you

>You could argue that making Luke Vader's son was a cheap way to give him depth too.
And many have argued that.

>Before that choice he was just a random evil villain.
But he was a villain.

>Nevermind that you're ignoring Anakin's characterization in the prequels, which is canon whether you like it or not. It matches more with what Kylo Ren is now.
Why do you want the sequel trilogy to copy the prequel trilogy?

Any fool can see Lucas was wrong in what he did and that Anakin doesn't match up with what we know about Vader's past from the OT.

>Seeing human characteristics and struggles that you can recognize in a character is what connects you to a character.
To the hero, yes, not the villain.

>You're just angry
Why would I be angry?

He's a shit character in a shit movie, nothing to be angry about.

could only*

What's up with Star Wars names? Everybody has a name like Boog Dicksucker.

kylo ren actually derives from "knights of ren"

KYLO & REY SEX SCENE WHEN?

>We can't relate to the villain

Are you five years old? Also, does it ever occur to you that Kylo Ren might not be meant to fill the exact narrative space as Vader did? His story could go in an entirely wonky direction as far as we know.

>S-stop disagreeing with me and what I think the 4chinz hivemind is!

Nobody said he was the greatest character ever or anything close to it. Don't get mad because not everybody is running around screaming about a character being shit.

I always thought Kylo was some sad amalgamation of Skywalker and Solo.

But in general the ST names are pretty uninspired.

Rey, Finn, Poe, Hux. Blah. Too many single syllables. I'll at least give Poe that his name usually goes along with his last name to break up the monotony a little.

The rape scene already happened. Go watch VII again.

I'm sure they're buried underneath two times more metas about how he's the worst ever and you can't like him, shitlord.

Tumblr is bipolar. It's fun to watch them eat each other alive.

actually, as somebody who actually frequents tumblr -> 80% of kylo stuff is kylo/hux slash

This is some Oedipal shit.

>imagine teen kylo and rey being home alone
>kylo found the bikini in a box in the basement
>rey decides to wear it to play around a little
>full on make out session
>parents come home sooner than expected and walk in on them
>pic related
>han solo: you kept that and never told me?!

I think there is something really attractive about Adam Driver and not just in an jolie laide sort of way. He has a very Alpha presence and look to him, even though he seems kinda shy in interviews.

Does anyone else hear an accent that's natural to the actor? It was so strong, I thought it was intentional, and when I found it was his natural accent, I was surprised to also find out that he and his parents are American.

I'm looking forward to his redemption. Hans death would be meaningless if he couldn't set his son on the right path through his "sacrifice". Plus Leia has been through some shit. She at least deserves to see her son become a decent person.

I think in retrospect, he's a better villain that I first gave him credit for.

He's legit a spoiled dickhead, his motivations are honestly very believable.

I will say though his force stasis on the blaster bolt was pretty cool, but it made him see a lot more powerful and threatening than he turned out to be.

Yeah, I thought he was Russian or something and just had really good English.

Reylo is happening. How else are they going to continue the Skywalker line?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard it, even though I searched for it after I saw TFA and didn't see anybody take note of it.

i hope so

they're like yin and yang; woah...

Either the child of Rey and Kylo Ren would have insane force power levels or Be completely non force sensitive.

why don't you tumblr faggots stay in tumblr. why do you insist on shitting up Sup Forums with your tumblr-related faggot shit

JJ commented how their relationship is like a fairy tale and Rey being Cinderella and getting captured by a prince or some shit like that.

So it seems they are actually gonna make it happen. Kudos to you reylofags for putting up with all the hatred from the rabid fanboys.

your mad

It's not that exact. JJ says that the story is going to be fairy tale-like in that it has elements like a prince, a princess, a castle, etc. The Star Wars, less exact version of those things, at least.

Then later on when he's describing Kylo taking off his mask, he says Kylo looks "sort of like a prince". People are running with it in relation to the earlier comment.