W/ Westworld Thread General

Best couple Edition

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sex-robots-fully-functional-genitalia-9161419
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FUCK WILLIAM

When these shows are made, the writers are given checklist agendas they must fulfill that must be integrated into the story.

>we need a dyke female "programmer" to play a strong bossy lesbian cunt
>we need blacks everywhere even if it makes no historical sense
>the main woman character needs to a badass in the 2nd act and literally say she needs no man

Shit like this dilutes the art.

t. Teddy "not a cuck" Flood

i want snek to stand on my face post haste

Reminder that Dolores is not having flashbacks to Billy and Logan's Excellent Adventure 30 years ago.

She wasn't there for Logan and William's arrival or for William and Logan killing Slim's gang (she was over at a tree), Logan fucking those whores, or Logan and William's private talks and confrontations.

Not to mention she can't be by herself in the present redoing everything because park staff would notice and so would Ford if she was doing literally the same steps all over again.

And they didn't go missing from the train because of flashback. They disappear because she's communicating with Arnold and having hallucinations.

William also disappeared when things got dark and the moon got bright. Also wasn't there when she was having Arnold shit in the beginning of this episode but he clearly was and noticed she was acting weird and talking to someone. She also communicated and hallucinated a person being there telling her her fortune.

She's not retracing or having flashbacks of William.

Kill yourself cuck

Single timeline fags should seriously consider removing themselves from the genepool

The next generation of dolls are likely to be hyper realistic with features never seen before.

They will have built-in heaters which so they have genuine body warmth and sensors that can react to touch.

RealDoll is made by Abyss Creations, a company based in California.

Founder Matt McMullen said: “I want to have people actually develop an emotional attachment to not only the robot but the actual character behind it – to develop some kind of love for this being."

Levy, author of Love And Sex With Robots, said: “I’ve no doubt some will find it creepy, but the arrival of sexually responsive robots will have enormous consequences.

"We have already seen rapid changes in human relationships thanks to the internet, mobile devices and socialmedia.

"The next major advance will enable us to use our technology to have intimate encounters with the technology itself – to fall in love with the technology,to have sex with robots and to marry them."

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sex-robots-fully-functional-genitalia-9161419

Real life Doloro-bots soon fellow faggots

more proof

Dolores is the one who killed Arnold - presumably, on his orders.

Here's what we know so far:

1) Arnold died at the park

2) Dolores found a gun buried on her ranch

3) Dolores was the last one to see Arnold alive

4) Arnold's last words to Dolores were about him wanting to destroy the park.

5) Dolores is the oldest host in the park

6) Ford's line from the latest episode:

Dolores: Are we...very old friends?

Ford: I wouldn't say that, Dolores. I wouldn't say that at all.

So, here's how I think it went down:

Arnold approached Dolores, handed her a real gun, and ordered her to shoot him and bury the weapon. He figured that an actual death on the park, due to a rogue host, would force the park to shut down. However, something happened, and Arnold's death was swept under the rug, becoming little more than an urban legend. But Ford became obsessed with figuring out HOW Arnold was able to get Dolores to kill him, and that's why she was never shut down - because he suspects that she knows something more.

more proof

According to Ford, Arnold was looking for real conciousness, and he was looking for the last component of the piramid. But the truth is Arnold realised the top part must be figured out by the android, he knew that it couldn't be just programmed into them. Just like we as humans went through evolution, the androids has to evolve conciousness for their own.

That's why designed the maze, which can be noticed by the android who has the potential to evolve conciousness, which Dolores started on. What we see now is Dolores going through the maze (it's metaphorical, the maze is following the clues left behind, it's not a literal maze), and her trying to get to the center for 30 years, failing every time.

So there are two timelines, the one with William where she first gous through it, and one with the MIB in the present, which will most likely end with finally reaching the center, and thus become completely self-aware and sentient.

Screencap this post

delores my daughter.. yuo must choose

Braindead drunkard here

I just watched episode 5 but didn't understand it

Someone explain pls

What was the deal with the Asian guy and his fucking bird?
Is Dolores in league with dead Arnold?
How the fuck does MiB know Ford?
Is Ford a robot?
Is Arnold alive?
What exactly is the company Logan and Will work at and why do they care about Westworld?

>getting drunk on a Monday

Regarding the 2 cans:

The first can is from the pilot. The 2nd can is from episode 2.

Entirely possible between the pilot and episode two they either lost the can, it got damaged or they just didn't like the design.

I don't think they were counting on people dissecting the can.

Oh look at this. Here is Dolores in the current timeline.

that does make sense

but how do you explain dolores having a flashback about mib before running to william

or the fact that the hosts around willliam are as sophisticated as the hosts around ed harris

also mib was apparently very close to arnold and that doesn't seem to be the case for william

spotted the American

>What was the deal with the Asian guy and his fucking bird?
He was a butcher and he wanted to be a coder, so he stole it to learn how to code
>Is Dolores in league with dead Arnold?
Probably in the old timeline
>How the fuck does MiB know Ford?
MIB is an investor in the company, he would know the creator
>Is Ford a robot?
who knows, maybe in the present he is a host in the game but probably not
>What exactly is the company Logan and Will work at and why do they care about Westworld?
It's not really important, it just has a lot of money

If William's storyline is really in the past, the show's gonna have to do a lot of backtracking to make shit make sense with how Dolores is redoing the same shit apparently by herself and no one cares or notices and her clothes are the same.

I swear if they just have Dolores at some point turn around and be with different guests at some similar point that she was at with William I'll kill every actor on that show

have of this post is complete made up lies

god damn/

a) the kid doesn't have a loop, he's Ford's little pet project

b) it proves that to accept your hypothesis ford must be a host, and the image must be doctored. If he's human, then the fact that he is the same age when meeting with dolores regardless of whether she's been pulled out of Will/Logan's storyline, or Earlier on after she'd met MiB, proves those things happened within a small enough span of time that there is no difference in his age

What did he mean by this?

Look the major problem right now with single timeline believers is that they think that because this is presented in a way, and it follows, it means that it happened sequentially

Right now the major theory is that in two instances, in Williams time and in MIB's time, Dolores is off her loop in both instances.

See this webm
and episode 5, it shows multiple times Dolores walking off the path in the cemetary by herself and then with William. In train by herself and with William.

One of the major points is that Hemsworth says Dolores is off her point and to send a host to bring her back in the loop.

This is a point that singletimeline fags use to nullify the dual timeline theory. But they don't understand that in both timelines, Dolores is going off her path the same way. Hence why when Hemsworth asked if Dolores was with a guest, they made it purposely unclear but led single timeline fags to believe that in that time period, she was with William even though they didn't specify. So the next scene that follow with William and Dolores, by logic, must have follow sequentially in Hemsworth time.

i agree with you. this makes the most sense

I'm completely missing how that's proof at all
we already know that the show's storylines don't happen on the same themepark loop

that's been taken for granted from the very start

what people are having difficulty proving is that those loops are more than a year apart.

Did Ford use a contra cheat code to heal Teddy during the bar scene?

I SWEAR IF THEY RUIN THIS SERIES I WILL BE SO ANGRY DON'T LET THIS BECOME SOME SORT OF SHITTY TWISTY SHOW LIKE LOST BECAME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Literally nothing implausible here

In episode 4 @ 17:30ish Security guy gets notified of a host, the daughter of the Sweetwater rancher, going way off her loop, on a deviation.

This corresponds with her going with Will into that town with the cunny.

Doesn't this BTFO twotimeline theoryfags?

see

>corresponds
> is she with a guest?
> Uncertain.

There is no "single timeline" theory
no matter what, each Guests narrative is offset by at the very least one themepark loop

the issue is proving how far apart those loops are.

So far, the most compelling pieces of evidence we have for multiple years between the loops are the \W/ logos changing

Fan fiction: the post.

Face it there are not enough answers in this show. Just mystery build on ambiguity.

My Dad works at Westworld. He told me next week Ed Harris and William meet up.

Before you ask he's the guy that molds the robots butts. It's a cheeky job, but he enjoys it.

>William scenes have one logo.
>MiB scenes imply a different logo.
Why are there two different logos? So far this is being used to argue for the two timeline theory (MiB being years later then William.)

But Dolores is only with William because she has a MiB flashback when about to be raped by that host, causing her to break out of her loop and shoot him. So unless its a massive cock up in editing, MiB and William must exist in their current show forms at the same time.

William and Dolores is best couple

The single timeline theory is that William and MiB are in the park at the same time. not that they are following the same loops at the same time.

I think there's a bigger question everyone needs to have.

when should they reach the maze end? what should lie beyond it?

because if it's now a "journey to the end of the maze", it seems like they're going ot get there around season 1 finale or at the very least season 2.. (otherwise it's going to feel too stretched out at it's current rate of pacing).

they better fucking have some intriguing situations going.
better not permadeath any characters (NOTE: serious/crippling injury = A OK, just no permadeath yet).

I don't want a game of thrones situation where all the moralfag characters get killed off in the first 2 seasons. leaving a story where it's "I'm so edgy, nuthin'personal kid"

just continuity errors

Nolan is a hack

Don't pay attention to small details like that

>SOME SORT OF SHITTY TWISTY SHOW LIKE LOST
There are no humans working at the park excepting Ford and *POSSIBLY* Cullen. The QA people never last long enough to question why no one working there has hair that gets any longer or ages.

Not those anons but if in your mind she's in the cemetary by herself then on the train by herself, how hasn't she been picked up by the park yet?

This is the other fault with the twotimeline theory; unless its deliberately obfuscating editting.

Anyway theoryfags are the Logans of this general. They don't want to go deeper and are just enjoying the superficial "attractions" of nolans meme writing and jjs meme marketing direction

after people dissecting the shit outta got they had to have known people were gonna do the same to \W/

Not necessarily. Remember Dolores perspective shifting through several timelines when she got shot. She had to have escaped multiple times in order to be in the same situation twice. MiB didn't necessarily do it.

I really hope HBO's paying you well to shitpost here every time we get closer.

The show's got *maybe* five more episodes left before everything's obvious and then good fucking luck keeping our interest in S2.

because at the time they were uncertain
you then see them send a host to forcibly bring her back to her narrative, and then Will comes over to stop him.

Realising that this confirms she is with a guest, the host acquiesces.

Honestly it just seems like in order to believe Will = MiB you have to work really hard to either discount or ignore evidence to the contrary. It doesn't seem like an impossibility, but right now it seems very unlikely.

I agree, I'm having trouble thinking of a way to extend the series beyond one season. Maybe this would have been better off as a mini series.

Yeah, but if we are going to start writing things off because of 'continuity errors', litterally anything supporting a theory could be a continuity error.

>Don't pay attention to small details like that
Like how they changed it in post to ensure the older logo was the background in ep2

Should I also pay no attention to the man behind the curtain?

In the Hemsworth timeline, they said Ford was messing with the park and they flagged Dolores

There is no confirmation that they picked her up in that period

>you then see them send a host
No, you saw someone walk over who might be a host, or a staffer, but correlation isn't causation.

Cowgirl Dolorable is best girl.

perhaps have it be a form of greek myth, like Icarus and Daedalus.
>escape the maze
>the fly off the island.

or some variation thereof, the "maze" looks more like a labyrinth.

>confusing 2 different characters
>appeals to westworld visitors (some are black, some want to fuck/shoot blacks)
>Wanting Dolores to remain a 1d hopeless damsel

>I don't want a game of thrones situation where all the moralfag characters get killed off in the first 2 seasons
No, you'll find out the staff are all hosts and ultimately nothing really matters since host sentience was already accomplished.

That is some impressive bra stuffing right there.

But you also think she's alone in the train, so how could they allow her to stray all the way to Pariah, stay a night or two, change clothes and get on a train if even in the past as you believe they would've picked her up much earlier?

Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins are for sure going to die since they can't afford them/or they only want to be in one season

>when we were shooting that scene, and Jimmi looked at me and said, “Dolores, run,” I ran. Then I stopped myself, and I turned around and I went, “Oh my God. I’m so used to running.” We as women never get to stand and fight back like Dolores is about to do.

lmao

basically believing that Will = MiB requires reducing the show into a series of arbitrary non sequiturs and abstract vignettes with literally no narrative purpose other than to mislead the viewer

I guess that does affect my view of it: you've convinced me that Will = MiB is definitely possible, but if it is then the show is actually just not good. Pretty much Lost level shit whose only draw is some forthcoming reveal and everything before and after that reveal is meaningless.

>since they can't afford them/or they only want to be in one season
People love to post this and then never back it up. Hopkins is already signed to a second season. Shovel a new kind of shit next time.

It's written by a Nolan so there is a very good chance of this happening.

They don't keep track of every host 24/7. It's possible she is "woke" during that time and knows how to defend herself or hide herself

They had that spy host that Hemsworth and Lesbian programmer found in the desert and didn't keep track of

No that's gay. If the maze is for the Hosts why the fuck is a guest looking for it? Why is Ford so nonchalant about the whole thing?

This is a business, not some fucking fantasy novel. There's no reason to involve guests in the liberation of specific models of Hosts, only to humanize them leading to public outcry when they talk about how these essentially human things are in fact thinking, they are "real" to use the retarded parlance of the show.

screencap deez nuts

This. Too much of a convoluted le ebin twiste for its own sake to be legitimate

I don't understand this.
We saw her all alone in the train...she could be out of her loop (because of the flashback of the rape) here, and doing thing all alone.
We can speculate she did get out of her loop (with William ) by another mean.
The Ep 4 montage being synchro to allow her mirrored storyline in Ep 5.

The maze is the different loops they have to endure/deviate and the quests they have to participate/complete which in turn will unlock their constraints.
Being "free" is actually breaking the last rule,which is killing.

>I have no experience with breasts or bras.

Remember that Will is with Dolores while she is searching for the maze the first time. This would be how MiB learns about it and attempts to solve it.

>They had that spy host that Hemsworth and Lesbian programmer found in the desert and didn't keep track of

Dolores has a gun, is part of a daily cycle in the beginning town that involves other characters like Teddy, and is shooting hosts, they would've tracked her ass down long ago unlike the other host out in the middle of nowhere.

it's called a wonderbra

And I've seen people claim things along the lines of Ed Harris is too good for this shit, so he would only agree to do one season.

Ed Harris is a great actor, but I have seen hi in some total crap.

Unless the scripts turn godawful, I fail to see why Harris would not want to come back to a major show where he is pretty much considered the best (maybe 2nd best) thing on the show.

Kek

People have caught on to the two timelines since episode 2

NOt everyone is a retard that can't into details or nonlinear storytelling

>with literally no narrative purpose

You have a story about a mystery in the park's past. Your choices about how to tell it are exposition, flashback, investigation or a combination.

The author of the original work Memento was based on has a thing for playing with chronology in storytelling. He's taken a franchise whose basic premise involves being unable to tell time's passed because nothing ever changes, and you're genuinely suggesting he won't milk that for everything it's worth.

Yes, there's a fucking purpose to doing this, and no he's not obligated to shove title cards in front of your nose that read THIRTY YEARS AGO because that's telling, not showing.

I don't think so mate. Continuity errors in a labor of love that is invested in details? A story they claim they've mapped out for 5 seasons or some crazy shit?

These are clues.

>exact same can design with different lighting
>FUCKING CONFIRMED FAGGOTS
what?

Spacing between the words is different.

Hmm, this whole confluence of events has me wondering if Will = MiB is valid at all. I think this last episode, while superficially supporting the notion, may have been a deliberate fake-out to get people thinking it is, when it's not. I think they are trying to play the television audience.

it does not matter if you "catch on" to the theory or not, the fact of the matter is that there are constant scenes and edits in this show that imply causation and form a single narrative. If you take that away from those scenes, then they have literally no purpose. The show becomes one with a bunch of white noise everywhere in it that serves no purpose other than to trick "morons"

i.e. it is a bad show

the Lawrence reveal was suppose to be the nail but single timeline fags just think he somehow

got repaired instantly, transferred to Williams area and completely with starting questline in a different city

They are beaten over the head with it in episode 5 but won't admit it and when it comes they'll claim its stupid

>MaidenBrand
>Maiden Brand
you weren't good at those tell the difference picture books were you?

>Being "free" is actually breaking the last rule,which is killing

"We're going to make a whore of Asimov even worse than I Robot, and you'll like it."

>mfw all of these inconsistencies just end up being production oversights and not actually confirmation of 2 separate timelines

This is why you'll never be a graphic designer user. I suck at these sort of comparative differences tests but the font, spacing of objects, and possibly even the colors are slightly different.

is ford a robbut

White noise to a bunch of idiots maybe who can't into nonlinear storytelling

Again just cause you don't understand how it could happen even though we spoonfed you throughout why it is possible, doesn't mean its bad

>i'm too stupid to figure this out so it's noise
>it's not spoonfeeding!!!

You guys are all fucking wrong. MiB is Logan. Look at his outfit. It's white and black. It's before he fully committed to the game. Notice how he's the one that wants to explore all the parts of the park like MiB. He is slowly evolving into MiB. Fucking retards.

Logan would have no motive to find the maze or give a shit about Dolores

>got repaired instantly

This isn't 24, the show does not take place in real time.

The robots get reset when the guests are done with them. They could not make this point any clearer than they already have.

They have repeatedly stated that the new storyline that Ford implemented pulled hundreds of characters from their normal timelines.

it's obvious that William has either been reset to his original loop (the most wanted man in the territories), or has become involved in the Wyatt timeline. Either way he has been reset after MIB killed him.

Anyone who can't see this is stupid. Sorry not sorry.

your but your mom is

i know because i serviced her last night

lost shouldn't be your big concern.

lost had some intriguing stuff in it towards the later seasons.

what was fucked up about lost was the ending.

what I'm more worried about with westworld is they'll pull BSG-type shit with pseduomyths and pseudo-religion, and bunch of "you're a cylon"-shit

>MiB is Logan
> tall lanky fellow with beaky nose
> prosthetic mole on Ed Harris to match Jimmi Simpson's

HMM, WHICH IS MOST LIKELY

Obviously I met Lawrence, not William. Sorry not sorry.

But don't they meet Lawrence the next day? Isn't there a deliberate night placed in there so that they can meet him following repairs?

He's trying to invest in the park. He doesn't completely understand it the way William does yet. MiB doesn't give a shit about Dolores either.

He's learning more and more about the park and understanding the game behind it.

>pseduomyths and pseudo-religion
you mean like the fictional kachina who deliberately resembles a hazmat staffer?

I don't get it, if Will is 30 years in the past wouldn't the hosts not act as realistically as they do in the 'present'?

Like when the park opened they were just making them dance with each other and minor shit like that.