I'm totally scared of growing up Sup Forums...

I'm totally scared of growing up Sup Forums. I just turned 18 a few days and have no idea how I'm gonna work 9-5 for the rest of my life with a two-day break. Does anyone else feel this way? Is there any way to come at this with a new mindset?

pic unrelated

bump

Bump

idk but try anything u could end up like me i don't want to talk about it right now. atleast this comment is a bump

To be honest idk how to go about that. I've had crippling depression and anxiety since I was a teenager that kept me from getting a job and even going to school when I was a teenager so I've been on disability since I was 18. That's how my rent is paid and where my money comes from.
But then again I'm in Canada so it's different how things work here.

Do something you like and it won't feel like a job. Go learn a trade. Sign up to be a forest fire fighter.

I recognize that gay blowjob

where's the bear?

its not your only option OP

I swore to never work a 9-5, and so far its worked.

Start working on a hobby that you can monitize

you can
>do freelance work
>sell drugs (the idea of prison time doesnt scare me, because waisting your life doing a 9-5 in an office is already prison
>do both
>learn to do bodywork (like massage or structural integration)
>be a fire fighter
>teach english abroad
>join a monastery and become a monk
>live on a farm
>trim weed
>throw parties

Those are just ideas off the top of my head

Anything is possible OP

Learn to think outside of the box.

Go to biz and ask for help retard.
Investing in crypto is highly profitable right now, people are literally leaving their jobs to trade all day.

>monopoly money

you just get used to it

also 9 to 5 is definitely dying. capitalism has reached its limit (maximal production with minimal man-hours, and saturation of markets). if what some people say about oil depletion and the upcoming climate disasters are true, we could be rushing back to the countryside to manually farm without oil-based machines.

right now we're in an intermediate phase of artificially cheap oil and stagnation.

you don't have to hold the cryptos, just flip at a profit

Crypto money is just as real as paper money

Good luck finding a 9-5, guarantees two days off, and pays well enough to be your only job. Unless you get a degree.

But if you get a degree, you will probably also have tons of debt, such that you won't actually see your net worth above $0.00 for a while.

And if you do find yourself doing well and rising above net zero, maintaining a job that isn't soul crushing and provides plenty of free time, good luck on keeping it that way for the next seventy years.

What you should do is realize that working for other people blows. It leaves you at their mercy, and no corporate business will think twice about spending your dignity and cashing in on your hard work.

You should search for a better option. Have any skills? Anything, even if you don't think you can make money off of it?

You've already been going to school for roughly the same time.
But instead of soul crushing 'learning' it's just called work.
Find a trade that isn't likely to be replaced by robots in 5 years.

OP, I'm turning 40 and if there's ONE thing I can tell you it's GET INTO A TRADE. I'm dead fucking serious. Join the fucking army and get trained in something that you'll be able to do for the rest of your working days. I wish to fuck I had done that when I was your age back in 1996.

Depends, are you american, then you are fucked. But if you live in a european country it could be better

>But then again I'm in Canada so it's different how things work here.

I live in Hamilton Ontario.

Crypto isn't backed by anything.

This. Things are unstable and edging towards a huge dystopian cumblast. Learn to farm.

Neither is the U.S. dollar.

user is kind of right other than going into the Army. Go in to the Air Force if you want to take something from what you did in the service out into the normal world.

I'd get into a trade of some kind though, electrical or plumbing or HVAC. I'd suggest this to my kids as well. But you want to own your own business eventually, not just work for dipshits making them rich your entire life.

>software engineer here

I turned 19 last month bro. Always pessimistic about my future so i dropped out of school. and got a part time job to figure out what i want. Id say try get a job and trade bitcoin until it crashes and burns because literally makes money from thin air. buying nice shit and smoking weed helps me chill and try keep on the grind to not be poor

This is the guy he's responding to and he's right.

If I could go back, I'd spend about five years in the military, get trained, save some money and in my spare time I'd get my TESOL qualifications that would allow me to teach English around the world. I'd travel for a few years, settle for a few, then go back to travelling.

If I knew then what I know now and you have no fucking idea how fast time starts to accelerate as you get older.

I'm almost 24 I've been working since I was 14 or 15, I've got news for you. Life sucks. I've had pretty decent jobs considering what I do (highest paying job in my town) Just work save money you'll be dead soon enough

My main anxiety at your age was WHAT the fuck I was gonna do for a living after high school. I worked odd jobs since I was a kid, so working didn't scare me. If you start out working part time, I think you'll find you get used to the work week and then it's easy.

Of course, as mentioned, you could just be self employed. I've been self employed for a little over 20 years.

get a degree and practice medicine so you can sleep at work. it sounds like a pain in the ass but you'll be busting your rump whatever you do, and at least you'll have a few hours where you can sleep with no guff

jesus. I'm a random lurker reading this and I can't get over how much I hear this. 23 and making six figures and running a side business so I'm doing good but life scares the shit out of me. especially that time acceleration shit I hear so much.

Honestly just don't be scared, because nothing's so bad you should be scared of it. It's either a challenge you can handle (aka life) or you just off yourself because you really can't handle it. Doesn't matter what it is. Usually being alive is better than the alternative even when it's bad.

I grew up with a lot of money. My parents basically gave me anything I wanted, then when i turned 19 they cut me off and said they didn't understand why I was so lazy and wasn't trying to achieve my dreams. Being totally honest my dream was to keep fucking around and having someone hand me everything I wanted.

I've been okay though. I mean, having a retail job sucks but it's not the end of the world, you meet a lot of interesting people and you're helping keeping things running. And when you're off the clock you are straight up off the fucking clock. I know a lot of people who have 'more' than me in terms of stuff but they don't even fully own their time cause they get pulled in every time there's an emergency.

I'm rambling. My point is there's nothing to be scared of. This is your one pass through life. What you do with it is the only thing that matters. So you should try to do what makes you happy in the grand scheme of things. I realized I want to have kids because I know what my parents did wrong with me and I hope I don't make the same mistakes? But even if I do, being alive is usually better than not existing, excluding extreme cases, so just, be happy you're alive and decide what really matters to you.

This

I wish I had the balls (& guidance) to join up & get good training, GI Bill, medical, etc. I have a friend who retired from the AF and she now works part time as needed, travels for free, has cheap places to stay everywhere she goes (on bases, etc), and other advantages. A 4 year stint in the military would be more than enough to send you on your way (not the Army though).

what business?

Op, opportunity is not a reason to be afraid. Every decent piece of fiction has taught you to be a man. Step up and take your piece of the pie.

Business IT

>people are literally leaving their jobs to trade all day.

what could possibly go wrong!

Hold the fucking phone!

work is easier than school imo.

I joined my job at 18, i work 16-18 hours a day, get a day off a week, and maybe one weekend a month. Trust me, 9-5 with two days a week off isnt that bad.

Really bad advice

fellow Canadafag here. Join the military. That may sound like hard work, and it occasionally is, but we have the 2nd highest paid military in the world, and the amount of leave we get is ridiculous. I worked less than 200 days last year and made 89k. Going army or navy will get you more pay, since you'll get field/sea pay, but air force will get you skills you can use to get a civilian job

Hey, user. You're a fucking retarded bag of shit.

Except a lot of fucking guns

The new mindset is gonna develop as you need money to pay rent and try to survive on your own... Don't worry about it. (Either that or you gonna be homeless and starving)

Also, get an education, in a field you would be able to tolerate a 40 hour work week.

I'm not OP. I'm just telling him that I don't know about working because I never had to in my life.
I like where I'm at because I don't have to have any social interaction other then sitting around all day smoking weed and playing xbox or browsing the Internet all while receiving money to do so.

selfish asshole

Hey, I recognize that gay blowjob! It's from that pic with the guy doing a trick on a bike and there's dogs fucking in the background. Post the original, faggot!

49 here.

I can tell you honestly, user, unless you're really fucking lucky, a day job is going to be a necessity no matter what you do. What you need to do is find something you love doing whether it pays or not, and always make room for it in your life.

And if you need to do something else to support it, then find something you can tolerate. But don't think of your job as the be-all and end-all of your life. Don't define yourself by it. It's there to keep a roof over your head while you do what you really want to do.

I do office work, and it's not particularly interesting or rewarding. But it means I can afford a place to paint. That's my goal. Instead of crying because I hate my job, I make it a means to an end.

Just because you'd be working doesn't mean that would be your only life.

Find a job you enjoy with decent hours, use the money you make to make your own destiny. Go to college if you can afford it, find a career that's at least close to what your passion is, make friends, get a bf or gf and just live life to the fullest dude

9-5 and a two day break isn't the only schedule. I work 40 hours in 3 1/2 days and get the other 3 1/2 off. I am 23, have 2 kids, and have a mortgage for a really nice house. It kind of boils down to finding out what you can handle doing for a long period of time and being the shit at it, but you can't wait too long, buddy, start investing when you are this young and you will be set.

And now you know why you get to start drinking at 21.

It's not my fault that my doctors and counselors agree I'm not fit too work.
The only time I leave my apartment is to go get groceries or go buy some weed/pick up my prescription.

Change is inevitable. You have to accept it. Just take life as it is, and room with a friend for a year or two.

shut up bitch take a look at my cock

nice cock

even doing something you like will eventually start to grind on you till you hate it if you do it long enough

Go to bed or mommy's going to be angry. /thread

OP here, leave me alone.

You are stupid underage. As long as there are people they work 8+ hours a day. Go fuck yourself and go back to school you underage scum little snowflake faggot. Come back when you have at least few strands of beard growing.

Nice reddit spaces. Go back to facebook, you little shit.

You are a faggot. Do something what you love but when you are 18 it's not very obvious. I found my interest when I was over twenty. Just don't do anything stupid in the meanwhile.

my advice is to try and become self employed
because if you dont you only make the person you work for rich while you slave for them all week and get 1.5/2 day off a week while they dont have to work

Chances are good that if you're hanging around on Sup Forums, you're already doomed. You're a white, stupid, unimaginative, easily conditioned, brainwashed, middle class drone who will slip easily into your assigned role as a cog in the capitalist machine.

I'd tell you to do what I've done and be free, but I sincerely doubt you have the courage or imagination to survive by hustling, and to endure the kind of persecution and contempt being destitute bears from the idiot subnormals who make up our entire worthless culture of servile drudgery.

I have no fridge, no stove, no car, no heat, and no money, but my hours belong to me, and my life is my own to do with as I please.

get raped by your nigger boyfriend

trips decided you life op

life isn't worth it

dub of truth

>the idea of prison time doesnt scare me, because waisting your life doing a 9-5 in an office is already prison
Go tell someone that's been to prison that and see what they have to say about that lol

Yea, it's fucked dude. Just spend all of your free time and money bettering yourself somehow to move up in pay.

Maybe be an EMT/Pararmedic. You get 3 days off usually, and the job sounds somewhat exciting.

If there are any fag with that occupation feel free to correct me, I'm just looking into it myself

GIVEMEURFUCKINGLIFE PLS

You'll grow some maturity one day. Once you do, when you aren't working a 9-5, you won't know what to do with all of your free time and will actually want to work a 9-5 just to not be bored to tears.

Source: 23, graduated college last semester, and currently waiting for someone to accept that I can't conjure 2 years of experience out of thin air.

it's honestly not bad at all. I get paid to do easy shit for 8 hours a day and it goes by a lot quicker than school. Decided to get a second job because I enjoy the cash flow so much

OP I have tried being a wagecuck and a neet. I live in a Nordic country so being a neet 24/7/365 is an option. I must say that personally being a neet is more fun, you can play video games and watch netflix and smoke weed with no worry in the world if you want. But on the other hand, having a schedule in your life keeps you active and grounded so work is something worth considering if you want friends and a family of your own. BTW I didn't have more money when working because transportation, lunches, other food than lunches (work expends energy), and beers after work cost so much money that in the end, during the time I was a wagecuck I only ended up having as much money as now that I'm a neet. If it's possible for you to not work in your country then the choice is yours but wagecucks prolly get further in life. I'm not into having kids etc. so idc about money/social aspects of work, besides I'm suicidal so there is no turning back for me.

I RECOGNIZE THAT GAY BLOWJOB!

I'm about 10 years ahead of you, and I'm going to tell you now: It's all downhill from here. Just don't be stupid and get someone pregnant, start taking drugs, start drinking, or smoke.

>I just turned 18 a few days
18 is legally adult, but you will still learn and you will still grow.

>have no idea how I'm gonna work 9-5 for the rest of my life with a two-day break.
My personal advice : DON'T !

Get yourself a skill in a profession or trade that will allow you to set your own hours and take your own days off. This could be as a coder (which I am) or a stone mason or a plasterer or a electrician or anything that does contract work.

The flip side is you will have to keep your expenses as low as possible.

In case that sounded depressing, don't worry about me. Extremely likely I'll just get intoxicated af one day and swiftly blow my brains out. I'm so young that I never needed to suffer much. And because of being aware I know there is an afterlife and that 'country' and its marvels are superior to any country or achievement on earth. Everybody dies in the end. ;^]