I have a conundrum, Sup Forums. I'm getting clean from a binge that lasted from late September to 4 weeks ago...

I have a conundrum, Sup Forums. I'm getting clean from a binge that lasted from late September to 4 weeks ago, where I would spend upwards of $150> a day on dilaudid. For those that don't know, dilaudid is a very powerful pain killer that's easily abused, as it crushes into a powder readily available to IV. I've had a terrible past with opioids, going as far as to ruin an engagement with the perfect girl. My shame from this made me move away from Texas to the middle of nowhere. Getting to the point, I can't find joy in anything I would do while getting incredibly fucked up on dilaudid. I would play certain video games, listen to certain music, and do certain things. The problem is, I no longer find joy in these things. It's extremely hard for me to enjoy these things, let alone a LOT of things, anymore without drugs. I feel like I'm doomed to forever be brain-damaged from the dopamine releases my brain is used to while playing video games/hobbies under the influence of drugs. What do I do? What steps do I need to take to start living life like a normal fucking human again? I'm so tired of living like this. Please help me.

Other urls found in this thread:

rxlist.com/dilaudid-drug.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=lkXFBPGZpTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what steps do i need to take?

gee if only there was a program built on steps you need to take to stop using drugs...

depends I know its possible to damage the dopamine receptors in the brain from too much simulation (can be caused by uppers ex: meth)

I would look up the effects of the drug you are using

its possible someone may have some information you could use

That irony hasn't fallen on me.

rxlist.com/dilaudid-drug.htm

found this I guess

Sucks OP i just beat my opiate and opioid addiction after 15 years on the shit. Started using when I was young around 17 it took for me to sabotage my life and get put in jail for it to stop. Now I don't really want to use anymore and probably won't that shit sucks.jpg and feelsbadman go to rehab or ask the county to lock you up they might just do it.

Bruh, ditch everything you did while high and find new shit to do. Went thru something similar
and had the same deal where shit I did was no longer fun at all/made me want to use again.
Totally changed habits but it is still a struggle. You can do it, user. I am not strong-willed at all
and I stopped my drug of choice.

as someone with an extensive history of heroin abuse (13 years on and off) i honestly hate AA/NA (im a loner, dottie, a rebel) but it seems to work for a lot of people. i'd recommend at least giving it an honest shot if you really wanna stop

intense exercise

healthy eating ( veggies and fruits)

meditation -- rewire you're brain

I've been fighting this battle since I was 17. I'm 23 now. I've been to inpatient 3 times, outpatient twice, a detox in a psychward. I don't know what I'm not getting. I'm scared for myself.

Cowboy Bebop - The Meaning of Nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=lkXFBPGZpTM

I've thought of this, however, there isn't much to do here. I'm going to school and have a job, but all things considered I'm living the life of a NEET.

Can't stand NA/AA. They never helped and did nothing but instill a sense of self-hatred for everything I did. Couldn't stand having someone with 3 months of clean time try to sponsor me and tell me everything I'm doing was wrong, that I was a bad person for thinking this way, doing this thing, not doing that thing, etc. It was tiresome. It was awful. I've been sober for 4 or so weeks now, save for a few times where a coworker has helped me obtain suboxone to stop my awful wd's the first few days I was off dilaudid.

What kind of meditation do you do? I know people like Sam Harris often mention the importance of doing it, but I've never really tried it.

As far as meditation goes, what do you recommend? I'm not one to believe in kook bullshit like that, but I'm willing to try anything to be any semblance of normal again.

yeah i actually feel the same way. plus a vast majority of them are actually lying about even being clean, they get off on feeling like they are helping people or something gay like that. meanwhile they take ambien or something and go around driving at night and crash their car and then celebrate 20 years clean the next day (true fucking story)

I'm still a beginner, I focus on my breathing. I also do body scanning because I feel like that helps me stay aware and not lose focus. You can also focus on feelings or thoughts, like self love. I'm currently reading into the ideas of gurdjieff and his main ideas are influencing me in a good way.

gotta love em. If recovery taught them anything, it was a self righteous hypocrisy. I suppose their insecurities are only masked by the amount of service work and shit talking they do. Still flawed down to their core.

Don't worry about being entertained so much as distracted. Do some type of exercise daily, if
you don't already. Get into eating healthy. The more you get into treating your body right, the
less you will want to do shit to destroy it. Not going to be easy, but the alternative is being a
sack of shit the rest of your life.

If you have health insurance, see if you can find a covered rehab facility that is like camp vs
prison. If not an option, do the AA to at least have a regular thing you do daily or weekly and
interact with others trying to improve themselves. You got this, user!

Thank you. I like the distracted thing over being entertained. I've been to rehab too many times to go again.

i dont know