Left: music made on computers isn't real music!

>left: music made on computers isn't real music!
>right: music made on computers is more real than music made by conventional instruments since it avoids the need of instrumental skill anf therefore avoids the dangers of the human ego and self indulgence

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wjw7m-BKmQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that Elle fanning on the left?

haha! another stellar meme format brought to you by Sup Forums . gov!

GOLEM

I'm open to electronic music but I find a lot of it very derivative and dull, which is odd for a genre with such a lack of boundaries. However, I do like some of it and think it'll only get better in the future. I've been an instrumentalist for years and the ego does ruin a considerable amount of players (t. someone who spent too much time treating playing an instrument like bodybuilding).

BE

Yep.

GOOD NIGHT PUPPER

I wouldn't say it's more real, but it's as real. Criticizing music made on computers as not being "real" is as silly as criticizing Bach for writing music on pieces of paper for other people to play would be.

OP has a few errors in his post.
>more real
Should be
>potentially more accurate to the artists vision.
No matter how good you are at guitar you can only make guitar noises. If you want to make trumpet noises you have to buy a trumpet or something. With a computer, if you were sufficiently skillful, you could produce any noise you could imagine.In a sense this is an objective advantage over music played on instruments
>avoids the need of instrumental skill anf [sic] therefore avoids the dangers of the human ego and self indulgence
First of all electronic musicians are still susceptible to ego and self indulgence. Secondly,you should have said that since it minimizes the learning curve it allows people to create specifically what they want with more ease; it facilitators that transition from something in the artists imagination to something that we can listen to. This is only half true though today since most software is still kind of hard to learn (to get really good). Sure, writing out the notes on a piano roll is easier than learning all those different instruments, but there’s simply more to learn in electronic music production than there is learning to play an instrument.

Im so high guys hoope I didn’t misread the post or anything whew

>but there’s simply more to learn in electronic music production than there is learning to play an instrument.
That's not the same as the dragon chasing that is the craving for technical virtuosity. describes it nicely as "bodybuilding".
I don't think there are any electronic musicians who think "oh boy when people hear these track they're going to be so impressed by just how far I zoomed in inside my DAW to make minuscule notes on the piano roll".

name one(1) good electronic song

xtal

lol

It’s more than notes on the piano roll, it’s production, effects, sound design and all that

Under me Sleng Teng by king jammy and Wayne Smith.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wjw7m-BKmQ8
Renowned for proving (at least to a bunch of people) that there can be good electronic songs too

disturbingly bad

DJs are some of the most obnoxious egomaniacs I've ever met though, and they don't even produce.
You are stupid for thinking there should be a war between instruments vs electronic/computer music. You can even do both at once, retard.

based elle

The 'Cross' album by Justice is known to have converted a ton of rockists to electronic.
Same for 'Discovery' by Daft Punk.

And before these kids, "The Man Machine" by Kraftwerk.

Strobe by Deadmau5

Kid A