Stolen Valor thread

Stolen Valor thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hoLGolqtHwM
youtube.com/watch?v=JzXCPUpkcy4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What makes you think that's stolen?
Maybe this is just the guy all Rambo and Chuck Norris movies are based on.
He single-handedly won every war in the last 50 years and has the medals to prove it.

kek and bumpp

>He single-handedly won every war
Then he'd know how to hang those honours correctly.

Alright, I'm just gonna say it. Stolen valor isn't a real thing. There's nothing wrong with dressing up as a professional. The whole concept is a reflection of insecurity.

Would Superman go around blasting kids for dressing up like him? No!

He's too traumatized by the thoughts of all of those Charlies he killed with his bare hands to worry about medal placement.

I don't think that's quite the same thing.

Work on your analogy and get back to us.

There's a difference between dressing up a certain way, and actively going around claiming to have seen service when you haven't.
THAT kind of "stolen valor" is real, and I think anyone who gets their ass kicked from doing it absolutely deserve it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hoLGolqtHwM

youtube.com/watch?v=JzXCPUpkcy4

It doesn't actually matter, though. People who get angry over this should get over it, realize that they aren't special at all, and that others dressing in their uniform takes nothing away from them.

>others dressing in their uniform
>completely ignores the point
I literally said dressing in whatever doesn't matter.
It's the faggots going around claiming falsely to have done this or that in Nam/Iraq/Afghanistan?Korea, when they weren't even enlisted & it's all made up bullshit so they can have people look at them as whatever.
Disrespectful as shit to people that actually DID serve & lost friends/family members to it, and I completely understand their reactions.

I'm not in the military and don't want to be (thank God for those that do!) but I know how much shit they have to go through just for the opportunity to go to some backward country and possibly get wasted so we can sit here and shitpost on Sup Forums all night.

I'd get mad too if some asshole was walking around pretending they'd gone through that too.

Don't dismiss it just because you wouldn't care if someone put on a McDonald's uniform just like yours and walked around acting like they sold McNuggets all day.

It's not the same thing.

I completely disagree with a lot of shit the government has the military do, and I don't really think that any of the conflicts they've been involved in really had anything to do with or affected our freedoms here in any way.
But I do & always have respected the hell out of military members, have some in my own family.

>don't really think that any of the conflicts they've been involved in
Speaking about from Korea on, that is.

It's not disrespectful. Nor does it warrant meatheads reacting on them for a perceived slight against their perceived special status.

It's literally the same thing. We all have jobs to do, and that's the job they chose since the draft was abolished.

If you think the military is above reproach, then you're probably an imperialistic boot licking amerifat.

Don't think less of soldiers because you disagree with the politics involved.

That's like being pissed at bullets for killing people.

They do their job, which is where ever the higher-ups say. They don't make policy.

Geez. Maybe you do get upset when people pretend to work at McDonalds. Sorry. I guess that 3 day training course they have you go through is a lot like basic training the military goes through.

Thank you for your service.

I don't & thought I made it clear I didn't; but again, I don't. I respect the drive & the general warrior spirit, even if I disagree with missions.

You don't have to kiss their asses, or even do the whole "thanks for your service" thing. Most don't even WANT to be treated special or different from anyone else. But claiming to have been where they've been & done the kind of shit they have, like a faggot, when many get fucked up & some have to watch their friends die around them, so YOU can feel "special", is disrespectful as fuck.
Hell, even if you DON'T respect them, or even look down on them, it's brainlet as fuck to purposely antagonize people trained to kill, most of whom have done so for a living.

Well you see it a lot at airports and restaurants because veterans get special priority. As well as seeing your brothers and sister die in that uniform. And some fat fuck is in front of you wearing the uniform asking for a veterans discount.

Wrong, some do this for admiration and respect but some do it for discounts at the mall or free drinks

>wearing the uniform asking for a veterans discount
THAT'S bullshit, and falls under the "claiming to be or have done something so you feel or get looked at/treated special". My cousin gave me one of his old cam jackets, I've had both the "thanks for your service" & the "you didn't actually serve faggot" kind of reactions, but I always try to make it clear whose it actually was, that I was never enlisted, & wore it mainly out of respect for him.

I don't see the reason for the fuss. They pretend to be soldiers, and soldiers pretend they're defending our freedom. Everyone's a fraud!

If it was his BU top you're talking about, then all the patches should be taken off. If people make assumptions, then you probably didn't take off the patches.

>Edgy

Shit on the people making the wars, but not on the people actually fighting it. Just be glad there's no draft right now, or your soyboy ass would wash out of boot in a day.

Sometimes I wish with the snap of the fingers we didn't have a military so the fucknuts on here would see how horrible life would be without them...but then I remember my dumb ass lives in the same world and I appreciate how good we have it because of them so fuck that!

I'm content with letting them be assholes and not realizing how good they have it. Their punishment is that they're stuck being them. That's good enough for me.

It's one of these. Not sure which patches you're talking about, but he didn't remove anything as far as I could see & never mentioned anything about it. I wouldn't have anyway & still don't want to, since he didn't, to be honest. He died a couple years back, although not in service.
Assumptions don't bother me, as I'm not trying to be something I'm not, have no problem clearing it up (and everyone who did have a negative reaction was fine when I did, but strangely never mentioned the patches either), and understand why people thinking I was trying to do so would piss them off.

Pretty much exactly like those, anyway; that's not a pic of it.

press f to pay respects.

Ah yes, an ACU, sorry for your loss man. If you're wearing the top with all the patches it comes off as either out of reg uniform wear, or stolen valor. Guess which one people will assume. I'd suggest laying the patches, (if there are some) to rest, and people will just look at it as a surplus or worn out of respect. It's very common for people to wear some BU's that were passed down. If there are no patches then it's just some retards who don't know shit screaming stolen valor, don't pay them much mind.

Or just leave the entire uniform intact with patches and all and lay it to rest, and buy a surplus and wear that instead. That's wh

Thanks; I used to wear it a lot but kind of got the sense it'd be better if I at least didn't do it as often. Past year or two it's been mainly on his birthday & death anniversary and I usually don't go out much then. I want to leave it intact, so I'll make sure to only wear it then & not publicly outside of around our property; knowing about the patches now, I don't want to be disrespectful.

Surplus stuff is cool because I like to fuck in uniforms

I love how pissy the veterans get about the whole stolen valor thing. And they all say the same thing

is that one on the right a 3rd lieutenant?

hey tweeker shit fer brains. maybe when you grow up and see the real world, there are alot of other world fucktards out there who really want you dead. If you had been and seen what we have you would thank God and your parents you live in the USA. Remember we follow the orders from politacal civilian leadership.

yeah, they all say" wearing awards you did not e arn is fraud" its lying. its not the same as wearing cammies around town. Its about honor, truth, integrity. Do you tell anyone you graduated from harvard? And barely finished hihh school. Wear olympic medal ? You can always tell the liberal anti military. " oooh pissy military, whining about false fake valor"

All the worlds infomation and charts, rank structures, images of rank and grades, at you fingertips and you can't figure a simple rank device. Pretty Laaaaammmmeee..