What are some bands/artists that have this happen with people that listen to them?

what are some bands/artists that have this happen with people that listen to them?

This Heat

Pink Floyd

Daft Punk

Death Grips

radiohead
beatles
basically every widely critically acclaimed/popular artist really

Jason Aldean

Michael Jackson
Prince
Actually Beach boys is probably the best example.

these
also adding The Who and The Rolling Stones

This retarded argument/graph applies to whatever you think is a good band

You could just restate the question as: what do you consider a good band?

Nirvana
The Beatles
Captain beefhart
Yeezus

any band that mu considers good

ELP and Yes

Yeah I went through a real contrarian phase too when I was getting into mussorgsky

grimes

Far more accurate graph to the things posted ITT

Daft Punk is slowly escaping the pleb valley

Pretty much every band

t. contrarian valley resident

MCR

it'd be more interesting trying to come up with bands that don't fit this mold rather than do

my pick is the residents

Tool

Brand New omg

twenty one pilots

oddly enough that's the first thing that came to mind, and I haven't even listened to Tool in like two years.

Ween, easily.

The Rolling Stones would be like an endless vertical down arrow. They used to be tolerable. Now every time I hear them, I hate them more.

Not to start something, but unironically Green Day.

The Cure

Just pretend that they all died in a car crash in 1973.

I see you made a chart to deflect anyone who dislikes your band :P

Experimental noise I created myself.
Honestly couldn't listen to at first, it should also be mentioned that I made it without headphones or any audio output so I had no clue what to expect till I plugged in and listened to it. It was quite literally notes I placed down randomly into renoise. Shit was shit when I first listened to it, unable to make sense of it but once I hit my hundredth listen then I understood what it was saying. Thanks me.
If you're going to make a meme, try and start from scratch and not just make a repost of OP. OP atleast had the guts to make something from nothing, and if he didn't make it he atleast made this thread. And also I don't see what band you feel that photo describes.

vu&n i suppose

Big Star

invert the graph and it's true

y = -(x-3)^2 + 6

True, people that are smart enough to want people to think they're smart, but who aren't particularly smart themselves tend to automatically turn their brains off in the face of popular consensus.

Nirvana and The Beatles were this for me, specially The Beatles since I went through the "overrated shit with le catchy tunes for plebs" phase.

Also add Blur and early Oasis to the list, a lot of brit pop and metal qualifies actually

fuck outta here

swans

you're trying to hard

Radiohead

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard desu

Any artist that has had success in pop music but later died an early(ish) death.
also modest mouse

Kanye West

Bon Iver

mgmt and

You just have shit taste m8. The Stones are a fine wine.

You'd miss out on some of their best music. Muh 4 good albums is a giant plebfilter

Sufjan Stevens. Although it's understandable considering how much variety is found in his discography. He's known for the wrong thing.

this for real great answer

Literally no one thinks big star is bad

this

Phil Collins is the most obvious one to me.

Mac demarco

Honestly though, the Stones really are like fine wine.
They'll get you drunk like cheap wine, but they're actually pretty good, and you don't need to mix them with other drinks in order not to puke.

Red Hot Chili Peppers 100%

CRJ

Bowie