Should I convert to Orthodoxy?

Hey Sup Forums

I'm currently considering converting to Orthodoxy. I'm currently a Roman Catholic, and the blatant disregard of tradition, corruption, and the current Pope has made me desire to convert. I would ideally like a church that respects tradition and is truly Christian in all senses of the word.

All help, tips, etc. are appreciated. Also, if you have any alternatives (e.g. SSPX) feel free to share.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
youtube.com/watch?v=jD5E2bRmG1s
youtube.com/watch?v=x07ys_NmNeA
youtube.com/watch?v=OTAz7XIUy_0
newadvent.org/cathen/01641a.htm
holycouncil.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Also /christian/ general

I'm an agnostic currently researching Christianity in general in order to determine if I should adopt it.

While I'm still at the beginning stages and learning constantly, Orthodoxy by far seems the most like what Christianity is really about out of the 4 major traditions. If I do end up becoming Christian I'm pretty sure I'd choose the Orthodox tradition.

My 2 cents anyway.

Orthodoxy or death

>Being a heretic and abandoning the One True Church.

I'm the same. I wasn't born into any religion, but I feel like I want my future children to be raised as Christians and Orthodoxy seems like the best option so far.

da tavarisch suka, join us

Roman Catholics are mainstream anyway dude
I'm an Oldcatholic

You should raise them as Asatru. I would argue that Thor and Odin are much better role models than Jesus.

>Thor
+Strong
+Masculine
+Alpha
+Not a cuck
+Honors his family
+Never backs down

Jesus
+Cuck
+Didn't perform miracles
+Basically tells you to back down when faced with opposition
+Liberal
+Not masculine

Thor > Jesus

>Asatru
>Literally LARP: the religion

yeah no

forgot to change name

I've heard about old Catholics. Aren't they similar to Protestants in terms of beliefs?

Honoring your ancestors is not LARPing, my friend.

>not converting to a Protestant denomination
Literally kill yourself

Yes, you definitely should. The Orthodox Church is the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church which Christ established.

>Thorr the Cuck
Deus Vulted by Based Jesus

>Jesus Almighty
Deus Vulted Thor the Cuck

just follow Jesus, and trust Him to forgive all your sins, past, present, and future.

to do otherwise is to trust in your own works and miss the entire point of Faith in Jesus, and why REAL Christianity is the exact opposite of religion.

but, if you deign to trust in your own works, and want to know how that will work out for you, see Matthew 7:21-23

>Literally removing crosses from church to appease mudslimes
>voting for marriage for gay clergy

Thanks family

Orthodox Church is strictly apostolic in its teaching, not according to conservative/liberal lines.

What church do you recommend for converts? Is Antiochian Orthodox a good one?

> I would ideally like a church that respects tradition and is truly Christian in all senses of the word.
ROCOR is now as good as disbanded. Ideally you just start your own othrodox parish with your fellow men.
Because Mt.18:20

Don't be a fucking faggot and wait like the rest of us for the rule of Francis I the Cuck to end. Everybody knew someone like him was bound to show up the moment the damn 2nd Vatican Council happened. And you know what? That's good, because younger priests and believers are becoming orthodox and traditionalist as fuck. There are a lot of angry, loud voices in the Vatican. You are not alone.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a lesson from God to all of us who whined and complained about the church not being "modern enough". We deserve a Francis I.

This

> Mt. 7:21
Read 2 lines higher.

Nah just go Roman Catholic. The Church has survived Pope's much worse than Pope Francis.

Christianity is a relationship between you and God, not you and the church.

>following the new pope

What about SSPX? Are they worth it?

> Don't be a fucking faggot
Don`t be a fucking cybele cult puppet. Mt.7:13

I go to an Antiochian parish myself, and the community is great. It's 90% converts, so the zeal runs high. You do sacrifice some of the traditional Orthodox culture though, in exchange for not being a Slav-Greek ethnic club.

Listen Canada cuck our people fled to this new world so we could practice Protestantism don't disgrace your ancestors by converting to orthodoxy

Worded that wrong sorry. I meant are they a good church to join if it's Catholic and more Traditional?

All religion is kinda LARPing. Asatru is at least LARPing without the authority of the brown skin hordes that make up Christianity.

>pope becomes massive Jew (which he already was)
>church breaks apart
>Protestants call the shots for the rest of time
>buttblasted potatoniggers stay buttblasted

If you're not a Papist, you don't have to wait at all.

Interesting. What parts of the traditional culture do you have to sacrifice?

Are people in West really warming up to Orthodoxy or is it just LARPers on this board?

> being cybele cult puppet in heresy, that abandoned the One True Church more than millenia ago

No. Become a Protestant, otherwise you're just swapping idolatry for idolatry.

I think it's just this board t b h

It's important not to abandon the faith in times of crisis in the Church. Although there is scandal and things are misrepresented when it comes to the Church, the fact that RCC is One Holy Catholic and Apostolic does not change. What you're proposing is running away from the battle that we need to meet head on. As for "alternatives," there is no real alternative other than Greek Orthodoxy, and I believe that RCC is more true than they are, which is why I choose to stay Roman Catholic, even though modernists have invaded the Church.

Lastly, you should pray resolutely and intently for discernment, and that the Holy Spirit guide you. Best of luck.

Part of my family is Anglican. Are they more traditional or more liberal these days?

> christianity: "oh no, we must open our borders and let the kikes, mudslimes and niggers take over us because not doing so is racism and intolerance"

Fuck the west and its cucks. BURN THEM ALL.

I think the search for spirituality in oriental shit just showed people it`s emptiness and hypocricy recently. Also due to mudslimization project, traditional "christian" heresies are denouncing themselves en masse. So going the Orthodox way is real, but even more so is going to mudslime degeneracy.

Thanks family. Appreciate the support. I was originally planning on waiting it out, just to see how problematic Francis would get. Maybe I'll just wait all little longer.

Anything other than the RCC and Greek Orthodox Church is a heretical sect lacking apostolic succession. In other words, they have no valid priesthood, which Christ gives to us in order to administer the Sacraments to us.

Joining a Protestant "church" would be like turning away from the shepherd, never a wise decision for us sheep.

Why only the RCC and Greek Orhodoxy? Wouldn't the other Orthodox Churches be included in that equation as well?

Basically holdovers from Protestantism.

Like a lot of people I talk to at my parish are passive Zionists. Not for any theological reason, but they're Republicans and haven't really thought about it.

Or the fact that we exchange the "kiss" of peace as a handshake or a hug rather than a kiss like they usually do in more ethnic parishes.

Everyone at my parish loves C.S. Lewis, which is pretty Protestant.

And we always have bounce houses and face-painting at parish picnics, which is really Protestant.

> cybele cult welcomes it`s pagan masters
> oh noes christianity is bad
Truly blind man.

well you could get saved
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
youtube.com/watch?v=jD5E2bRmG1s
youtube.com/watch?v=x07ys_NmNeA
youtube.com/watch?v=OTAz7XIUy_0

Interesting.

What church does he belong to? Southern Baptist?

Orthodoxy is practically a foreign religion/culture.

Go Protestant or go home. The Orthodox posters on this board are mainly Ruskieboos.

That post wasn't about orthodox, user

Blatant disregard for tradition? But you talk about orthodoxy, while they are schismatics that created a monstrosity in order to deny the validity of councils. One of the side effects of that monstrosity is that there are no councils anymore, and that is why orthodoxy is so associated to lack of changes.

Also, do you think all patriarchs and members orf Orthodoxy are perfect? How many of them try to limitd orthodoxy to a border? How many of them are LARPers who don't understand Orthodoxy, like you, but "convert" without even knowing what it is?

Also, what do you think would happen to Orthodoxy if the number of orthodox increased to the same level as catholics? Do you really think the same wouldn't happen?

I really doubt you know what being truly Christian in all senses of the word is. Someone who asks "should I abandon the truth so that when I read news that make me cringe the people in those news are associated to other group?" doesn't really care about the truth, but about an easier life.

This board houses a very specific personality type and probably isn't a good representation of the general populace. A lot of us are LARPing but the truth of the matter is that we're concerned that the Pope is abandoning traditional church doctrine in order to pander to degenerates. We'll use hyperbole to emphasize our distaste but most real Catholics aren't going anywhere and it would take a lot more than an unpopular Pope to get us to leave.

Greek Orthodox is more logical
Russian Orthodox is more mystic

In short, because those are the only Churches that can claim Apostolic authority, that has descended from the promise of Christ to St. Peter. No, other "orthodox churches" are not actual churches in the sense that the RCC or Greek Orthodox are actual Churches promised to us by our Lord. For a longer explanation, see this article: newadvent.org/cathen/01641a.htm

>Like a lot of people I talk to at my parish are passive Zionists.

Sounds like they haven't fully given up Dispensationalism then. The priest should probably do a homily on Supersessionism whenever the topic lines up with the reading of the day.

People become Ruskieboos because of Orthodoxy, not the other way around.

>having a pope

wew lad

C.S. Lewis was a renowned Catholic, my friend. I think he may have actually converted from Protestantism to Catholicism, but there is no doubt that C.S. Lewis was Catholic in name and in his writing.

>One of the side effects of that monstrosity is that there are no councils anymore,
There's one going on right now, faggot.

holycouncil.org

>Southern Baptist?
no

>Read 2 lines higher.

ok, we'll start at verse 15:

>15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

i'm not sure what you intended to imply by these verses. would you consider yourself a "good" tree, or a "bad" tree?

before answering, let me remind you of this exchange:

>18And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Luke 18:18-19

so, my advice is:

>4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:4

BUT, if you don't take my advice... if you trust, even in some small way, in YOUR OWN works, remember the verses initially quoted:

>22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many WONDERFUL WORKS?

>23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

sooooo........ your decision.

> OTAz7XIUy_0
> draws as if Orthodox divided from roman catholic
> because clearly implementing virtual castration ("celibate"+shaving) and cult of saint mother of god is what christianity is about
> hurr durr muh dunking

"Greek Orthodoxy" is a misnomer. There is Eastern Orthodoxy and Oriental Orthodoxy. "Greek" or Orthodoxy refers to the national churches, which as geographic administrative divisions of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, which ALL Orthodox and Roman Catholics claim to be.

>having no objective authority
wew lad

Please tell me how you know that your interpretation of divine scripture is the correct interpretation. Please. Then tell me how Catholics worship Mary. Go ahead, I'm waiting...

I know you inherited catholicism from your parents, but in the hierarchy it`s not Christianity at all and you should know this.

>authority
>in matters of god and faith

>How many of them are LARPers who don't understand Orthodoxy, but "convert" without even knowing what it is?

I do know what it is. It's not like I'm completely clueless lol

>Doesn't really care about the truth, but about an easier life

You raise an excellent point there. I should probably reconsider my reasons for wanting to convert or joining another church. Like I said in I'm probably going to wait it out and see what happens before I make such a move.

Greek orthodoxy == Eastern Orthodoxy; it's referred to as "Greek" because of Antioch which is in Greece..

Oriental orthodox church is not valid whatsoever

>the jews are letting in hoards of shitskins and degenerating your society.
>quickly, white man. Convert to orthodox and worship this jew if you want to survive.

I don't think you understand not even the orthodox know what makes a council ecumenical

What do you propose instead?

>real Christian discussion on Sup Forums

Something about this hurts my head.

>It's not like I'm completely clueless lol

Most Orthodox communities in the west won't allow you to join/convert
So yeah you are pretty darn clueless.

Whatever, I'm just clarifying in case someone might get confused. Also, a lot of headway has been made with the Eastern and Oriental divides. In a way they're deeping theologically than the divides between Orthodox and Catholics, but there are interesting linguistic and historical reasons for the apparently differing theologies, and the Bishops have been speaking more directly about them.

I think there will be a clarification, and possible reunification of at least some Orientals with Easterners before Orthodoxy and Catholicism every come back together.

be a normal person, aka atheist

> would you consider yourself a "good" tree, or a "bad" tree?
Well. I don't bring bad fruits. Do you?

> everybody bad so everybody are good
Wew lad, that`s just sophism.
Everybody makes mistakes, but the fruits are no mistakes. Now you just bringing poison to the feast like a true swine, before ones pearls should not be casted.

> Good
> WONDERFUL
Yes, take your wonderful cultural marxist tricks and go back to UK.

>Most Orthodox communities in the west won't allow you to join/convert

100% false. That's literally heretical. Stop making things up.

I find it strange how none of your reasons for conversion are "I realized it's a false church, and I'm looking for the truth." IMO, keep looking.

>Most Orthodox communities don't allow you to join or convert

[citation needed]

Catholic is best the orthodox dont pray the rosary its why they get slaughtered and butchered

The red pill about Jesus Christ is that He is literally "Do as my Father in heaven says and believe I died for your sins or go to hell".

Damn, people really lied to me about the whole "Jesus is love" thing.

You are a faggot.

Religion if of no use if it doesnt serve the european cause.

The truth? If catholicism is the true religion and there is a god promoting multiculturalism, fuck that god in the ass.

I converted to Eastern Orthodoxy from a southern baptist. I can say that Orthodoxy is the most demanding of all other sects of christianity, you have to be willing to take a huge leap and they wont let you in till you are a catechumen for a year

Catholics didn't pray the rosary until the late middle ages.

Stop worshiping the jews would be a solid start

The european cause is of no use if it does not serve Christianity

Where do you think I should start?

>SSPX
You are Catholic and there's literally no reason to be Catholic. Not even if Lucifer himself is made Pope.

Now, if you ask about alternatives to the modernist heresy that has corrupted the 90% of the church, these are you alternatives, in order:

1) SSPX or similar communities. Period. They are actual Catholics.
2) Moderate modernists (a.k.a. "conservatives"). Their mass (novus ordo) it's still valid. I'm not sure whether or not it may be sacrilegical. But moderate modernist tend to do their Novus Ordo Mass as respectfuly as possible, some even in latin and Ad Orientem (but its weird). Also they usually believe in Confesions and you need that.
3. Orthodoxy. They are Catholics too and their have true sacraments. I'm not sure if you could have toe Communion with them without breaking with the Catholic church. You don't wanna do that.
4. Stay in home, pray the Liturgy, Rosary, read the Scriptures. Watch Holy Mass on sundays on the Internet (Old Rite, of course).

Yeah that's pretty much. Remember, Christ is the One who saves. You don't need to worry too much you've got options to remain Catholic and faithful.

Normal = Neckbeard

To make it ecumenical you'd need the whole Church.

Which is impossible, because faggot-pope of Roma decided to be a greedy cunt.

Also, here's another thing you said:
>and that is why orthodoxy is so associated to lack of changes
No, orthodoxy is associated to lack of changes because we don't change dogma for every fad and trend that is going on.

That's not true at all.
Maybe, but I'm not sure if Westerners even know what is Orthodoxy like.
They probably think it's about praising Stalin and communism or something like that. They really have a warped vision of Orthodox countries.

How does that solve anything?

This is what christcucks actually think. They would unironically put their favorite jew before their own people

Our Mother didn't teach us the Rosary until 1214.

the Catholic Church is not a political party