Why does he act like an edgy 14 year old?

Why does he act like an edgy 14 year old?
I thought he was meant to be a scientific genius.
And don't get me started on the scene at the end of the Unity episode.
Can't watch it or talk about it without cringing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1lr5OUjFDkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>user tried to kill himself as a teenager
>every time something reminds him of it he is consumed by self-loathing and embarrassment at his own overly dramatic behaviour
>vents these frustrations by getting angry at a decent adult swim show and posting about how it makes him feel on Sup Forums

go back to therapy m8, this isn't healthy.

no he's right, they already lost ricks character, and the way he attacks morty now is just cringe desu

Don't make up shitty backstory for me in an attempt to defend ur faggot show for teenagers.
I cringe at edgy things that are cringy and stupid.

>Why does he act like an edgy 14 year old?

This is the character edgy 14 year olds and people who have cartoon characters as their facebook profile picture relate to.

that's some nice projection, was your dad a movie theater?

Honest question .Why the fuck do people like this show so much? It's literally the same fucking story every single episode.

>burp morty what you you you you you think I'm an asshole? Come on let's just do a random ass adventure
>Damn it Rick stop being an an an asshole
>lebe boop boop I'm an acoholic haha funny right guys!
>end everything works itself out meaning no point at all for the adventure or it's some stupid "Morty hates Rick," Shit that's suppose to be sooooo twist.

I think it important to distinguish between people who have cartoon characters as their profile pictures and people who have anime characters as their profile pictures.
There are big psychological and philosophical differences.
For example people who use anime characters are less autistic and usually older. They are also more likely to be pedophiles.

I've never heard ONE good reason against pedophilia. People just throw it around as an insult, as if it's the equivalent to "retarded"

Well it doesn't really have much competition.
Can you name a western cartoon made in the past 5 years that was actually any good?
First 3 seasons of Adventure Time don't count because it was aimed at a younger audience.

Kys retard

I think it's safe to say that this post is an accurate representation of Sup Forums as a whole.

your mom

>implying i'm going to let a pedo boss me around

I guess I'm biased because I think it's a good, interesting comedy cartoon, but

"Edgy 14 year old" is a strange way to put his character. Rick is a resentful, jaded old man, surely you've met some of those. The two get blurred together, but they have different roles, and Rick fits the "old man" role well because he is generally more knowledgeable about things than his daughter, he's just also a dick.

I like the dialogue and theme and the bluntness of the show. Interesting topics are brought up, like whether having kids or getting married makes life terrible.

Roiland is this you. Ive heard this asshole posts things shiting himself and tries to analize Sup Forums to get material.

>can't even spell analyze
i'm going to analize you if you don't fuck off

>a cartoon doesn't count because it was aimed at a younger audience

What. The. Fuck

Wow this guy fucking nailed it.

Sup Forums absolutely btfo

>They are also more likely to be pedophiles.

I'll agree with that part

>I've never heard ONE good reason against pedophilia. People just throw it around as an insult, as if it's the equivalent to "retarded"

i honestly hate people like you. youre the fucking scum of the earth, please use an exitbag you fucking waste of human life
> inb4 yiu mad? yes, i am

>Why does he act like an edgy 14 year old?
noooo.... that's you making this thread

why you mad though?

>he insulted my kids tv show
>better give him an edgy response, yeah what would rick say? Thats right, yeah i am literally rick sanchez. Better find an online questionairre to make sure

kek

because i hate pedos and their sympathizers

nigga how you going to ever get upset at something you can't handle? it's like being born black and into big asses

no i do understand that aspect of it. but i still hate you none the less

I'm just saying that because R&M obviously isn't aimed at children.

>Can you name a western cartoon made in the past 5 years that was actually any good?

gravity falls

>people who use anime characters are less autistic

its aimed at man children who go to community college for liberal arts

>this cartoon doesnt count because it was aimed at a younger audience

I used to say this to my friends, then I watched it and thought it was pretty good. You just gotta turn your brain off, bro. Enjoy the ride.

>Reddit and memety

Le hating popular show

They often nail the comedic timing.

>Roiland becomes corrupted by our memes
>Rick and Morty s3 becomes Cartoon Kino layered with the latest dank Sup Forums memes and copious Soprano and Star wars references

>I've never heard ONE good reason against genocide. People just throw it around as an insult, as if it's the equivalent to "retarded"

>Honest question .Why the fuck do people like this show so much? It's literally the same fucking story every single episode.

i think you just described about 99% of tv series. except for the 1% of kino thats out there.
99% might be an exageration but there are lots of crapy same-y episodic series out there. a huge chunk being "police/law" proceduals

Probably Harmon forcing Roiland to pander to annoying kids who think "wubbalubadubdub" is funny.

OP completely destroyed.

autism

bojack horseman is the best sitcom of the decade, animated or otherwise

HOW CAN Sup Forums EVER RECOVER

Because this show is aimed at edgy 14-year olds.

Over the Garden Wall

Why is it that at no point while he was raping an entire planets worth of women did he stop and think to himself that those women are forcefully being controlled by a hive mind and unable to consent to sexual activity?

Does anyone else feels like only fat people like Rick and Morty? the people I know irl who fucking love this show are fat

Do you hate gays for being born gay? Or black people for being born black?

Being born in a certain isn't an excuse for anything or a cause for empathy. If you're born gay you can simply train yourself to not be attracted to men anymore and to be attracted to women instead, or if you don't have enough willpower to do so you can at least choose not to pursue a degenerate homosexual lifestyle.
As for negroes, they could have suppressed their genetic savagery and pursued education more strongly than others to make up for their genetic lower intelligence but they chose not to do so just like they choose crime over honest living every day.

Same goes for disgusting pedos, they simply do not deserve our sympathy.

I was born a completely ignorant baby but have made myself the educated, responsible and honest man I am today, why must so many people be excused because they are too lazy and evil to do so?

Rick is messed up in the head, he also thinks school isn't for smart people. I'm guessing he left school at a young age, maybe when he was 14 and never learned how to socialize normally with adults. That may be why he comes across as a "bad boy" and woman want to jump his bones.

XD

this is some hardcore projection,

DAE LE CRINGE!? CRINGE THIS, CRINGE THAT LMAO I'M SO SMART .

It's true about school. Academic performance is guided by obedience and "work ethic," not intelligence.

Homosexuallty boils down to:
>consensual sexual relations between two adults

Pedophilia:
>usually coerced sexual relations or rape between an adult and a child

This is what we call an false equivalence kids

I agree, I wasn't defending school I was just explaining my belief that Rick leaving school which more or less forces social interaction probably stunted his social ability.

BTFO

ugly americans, super underrated

>"work ethic,"
Millennials, everyone.

because he is edgy. he is depressed af and knows he is a conscious dust particle in a infinite dark ocean of nothingness. he knows and understand how meaningless anything he does is. he don't give a fuck about anything anymore as he is at the point of depression where you are not really sad anymore. he just exist. he is edgy because he goes straight to the point as he don't care about who likes him. he speaks his mind not caring about who he offends. that's why he misuse all his alien grade technology full of inter dimensional transport systems and death rays able to destroy the earth in a millisecond.
imagine going back in time to before the medieval age as a 21th century physicists. you can make planes, tanks, guns, boats able to travel the world in a week and plains traveling the world under 24 hours and you have the knowledge to create a nuke if you get the resources you want. people would call you edgy to at that time if you called bullish on their sacrifice to the gods. you would not be entertained at anything as you live with these primitive faggots beating the shit out of each other with clubs. you know that is anyone of them fucks with you, you could easily just shot them dead in a second. while killing a tribe full of your enemies if you want. no one can properly fuck with you in this time because you are 10 times better than them. they might be stronger, but you have a gun still. you can literally just say to their king "i am the king now faggot" then shoot anyone defending him. you would not really give a fuck about anything. a
>tribe army of 20 people attacking?
bring out your AK47 and your good.
>fire in the longhouse
no biggie. just extinguish it with a fire extinguisher.
>tribe city thing is out of water
just make water like in the martian or some other fancy shit. you are a time traveling physicists after all.

Rick has a edgy pass as he is basically a alien visiting earth with no other worries that running out of beer.

I liked some of the twists the stories took (Rick Potion No.9 is the best example) and the incorporation of scientific concepts. Some of the jokes are pretty neat and I like parts of Rick and Morty's overall dynamic.

But overall, it's not anything special. Once I watched more of Adult Swim's line-up and became more experienced with what adult animation can offer (with shows like Venture Bros and Xavier that surpass Rick and Morty by miles), I saw just how mediocre Rick and Morty ultimately was.
It's not even bad it's just a lame duck of a show that uses the Sad Backstory™ moments to cover up just how little substance it actually has.

>Can you name a western cartoon made in the past 5 years that was actually any good?
Most of Adult Swim's animated shows surpass Rick and Morty.

physicists can't "make" anything at all

>It's literally the same fucking story every single episode.
This in itself is not much of a problem, the majority of TV shows, even the best ones, follow a format, and Rick and Morty has enough variety to keep it's viewers at least interested. The show has plenty of other problems

>scenario of the week memefest with very little actual repercussions
>story is lacking despite what the fans will tell you and it only comes up whenever the show wants to make you feel bad for Rick or Morty regardless of whether or not it's justified to feel that way
>bean head, noodle limbed characters with lazy designs (even the more outlandish things in the show look really tame)
>the show as a whole is pretty generic and uninspired, especially in terms of art style
>humor is so dependent on references that even those who get the references complain about how poorly handled they are most of the time
>trendy and forgettable
>has yet to even come close to finishing it's mediocre story

I'm still going to watch Season 3 to see if it's an improvement.

I think what happened to Rick and Morty to make it more popularis is also

1. Rick is the zenith of the adult animation Jerkass protagonist starting from Homer Simpson to Bender to Roger the Alien to finally Rick Sanchez

2. Even through the art style is simple there is a great deal of thought to how everything looks with all of the characters and objects looking visually appealing which is something alot of cartoons dont do

3. Roiland does a good job voicing Rick and Morty creating two memorable voices which you guess what their characters are in 30 seconds of listening to them

4. The fact that they are on Adult Swim means they can push the boundaries of what adult animation can do just like South Park used and sometimes still does

5. The limited amount of episodes at least put some quality control in regards to the scripts leading to maybe one or two bum notes over the season rather than a standard 24 episode run having six or seven bum notes

6. It at least attempts high concept episodes which other shows shy away from

they can draw it, and when they get the materials necessary, they can build it if they try.

here is a list of things physics have had a foot in making. as you know, physics is something physicists are experts in.
>micro ovens
>battery
>electricity
>engines
>guns
>anything that we explode on people
>planes
>modern boats
>rocket ships
>regular ovens
>refrigerators
>generators
>washing machines
>basically anything you take for granted in your daily life except electronics as computers.

if a guy like this youtube.com/watch?v=1lr5OUjFDkg
would get the required parts, he would have been able to make it. if he were to go back in time 2k years ago, he would still be able to as long as he knew how to get the materials he needed.

>Rick is the zenith of the adult animation Jerkass protagonist
I think Rick manages to separate himself from the typical adult animation jackass protagonist because if there's one thing the show does well is establish that Rick has every reason in the galaxy to be a jackass who has no actual reason to care about anyone other than Morty (who really is just a glorified tool) and that the only reason why he even bothers to stick around his family is because of Morty and Summer. I like that he has tangible reasons for being an asshole (I dislike whenever the show gets too heavy handed in making us sympathize with him).

>Even through the art style is simple there is a great deal of thought to how everything looks with all of the characters and objects looking visually appealing which is something alot of cartoons dont do
I disagree, There's nothing exceptional whatsoever about Rick and Morty's art style other than how the simple characters contrast with the gross monsters, but even the monsters look unimpressive. It's a lazy looking show and the aesthetic hardly works towards it's benefit.
When you look at something like Xavier: Renegade Angel, which is done in really poor CG with intentional clipping to create that feeling of "poor imitation of reality", or something like Venture Bros which has a clearly defined visual style which evolves to match the show's tone, or even shows like South Park which evoke stylistic suck that work in favor of the punchlines, Rick and Morty feels lazy and uninspired.

>The fact that they are on Adult Swim means they can push the boundaries of what adult animation can do and sometimes still does
>It at least attempts high concept episodes which other shows shy away from

As I said, it's not anything that special or even creative, and the fact that Rick and Morty has now gotten very popular and achieved a strong fanbase with Reddit children is ultimately holding the show back (Season 2 was an example).

Bojack
Adventure time
Gravity falls
Steven universe
Bobs burgers

???

>Born gay

Bobs burgers went to shit so quickly it made the good eepisodes shit retroactively.

Cause you're allowed to exist

Yes to all of the above

OP rekt

People still watch this dreck. Sad!

>Gravity Falls
>liking a weak ass copy of Mystery Incorporated featuring memelord mabel the brat who never learns anything and gets away with it

I liked Gravity Falls at first, but man that show was a piece of shit by the end. They had a chance to actually develop mabel with the unicorn episode but then the show bent over backwards to keep mabel yet again free of any responsibility for her actions and it suffered for it.

After GF I watched Mystery Inc after all the hype here and it really is better than GF. I can't believe a fucking scooby doo cartoon is worth watching.

RIck's only love since beth's mom left him, of course he'd try to kill himself

This

>Sup Forums is so beta, they cant even fathom what a man behaves like who literally doesnt give a fuck about what others think

Well, unlike most Adult Swim shows, it actually looks like it has a budget.

wow, is this real guys? Can someone be that stupid?

OP needs to stop posting now

Pedophillia isn't always about raping children. Most pedophile actually have ways to content themselves so they never have to touch a children. The first one being lolicons. Also, just sayin that many pedos aren't even only attracted to kids. So they might even get, one day, a GF of their age. But of course, we never hear about those people. Because people like you are going to destroy their entire life base on the taboo that surrounds their mental condition.

What in the fuck is going on there?

>edgy
it's humor
Rick and Morty isn't the edgy the least
Fucking Daria which is literally about edgy teenager is edgier
Duckman is legit edgier
Why do so many autists take this show so seriously

PIDF pls go

>I-i-if I say he has the same problem I pretend I don't have that will really show him

Damn. OP got rekted.

They heard that the reddit boogyman likes it so they have to hate it "on principle" or they become reddit users.

>projecting this fucking hard

you write like a real asshole, get fucked