Can someone recommend me some movies about Finnish people?

Can someone recommend me some movies about Finnish people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oIeeYQqaGfY
youtube.com/watch?v=x7RP6JqZgQ8
vocaroo.com/i/s0wPiI1hibax
youtube.com/watch?v=sLva0dZX21A
youtube.com/watch?v=Avvy_tos0EM
youtube.com/watch?v=mz8Va3WRT6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't think i have ever seen a finnish film or tv show except for moomin, weird since we get lots of norwegian and danish shows on tv here in sweden.

Sauna

finnish culture is a joke. finnish tv is awful. the finnish film industry cant stay afloat by itself because its just stupid depressing "vii aar alkoholiks and sääd" shit. all we do is watch imported tv and movie from america and sometimes germany. also fuck weebs

t. neitiv finnis pouster

this was p. good but john wayne is not entirely convincing as a finn

i want to fuck anna asshole so hard

The problem is that we produce shitload of trash reality shit because people eat it up. They are cheap to make and reap ridicilous money to producers.
No one wants to make series, especially anything 'serious' anymore because its expensive and huge risk.
There is a lot of work for screenwriters tho, but who wants to write a fucking reality TV-shit for rest of his life?

The Earth Is a Sinful Song (1973).

I could recoomend a bunch, but theyre. ot available for non finns nor do they have subtitoles anywherr in English

I tried watching Lapland Odyssey but I couldn't finnish it.

Our movies are shit tier fämämämäzoids

Also our shows except for Studio Julmahuvi and Kummeli

Genghis Khan (1963)

youtube.com/watch?v=oIeeYQqaGfY

vittu suomi

youtube.com/watch?v=x7RP6JqZgQ8

Aki Kaurismäki and Mikko Niskanen made a couple of decent films. The rest is shit.

I'm pretty sure this is an "in joke" since I've seen this girl's picture dozens of times here at Sup Forums and Sup Forums, but I just can't put my finger on it...

Mongol and Genghis Khan for starters.

pathfinder was bretty gud (1974).
Other than that you could just watch movies about the mongol hordes.

Rare Exports was pretty fun.

Best way to describe finnish films is "bland". The film industry in this country is extremely small and constantly reuses same few actors in each film. The film types are also reused all the time:

>"dark humour" relationship comedy with lots of swearing, shouting and arguments. Not memorable and produced in dime a dozen, usually at least three of these come out in one year

>"dark humour" films set in counry. Lots of drinking and swearing and shouting with ultra macho characters usually portrayed by one of the three macho actors. Usually includes lots of mediocre rock instrumental music

>films that are like dark country films but are actually set in the city with very few outdoor scenes, mostly shot in studios. Include a lot criminal types drawn straight outta american and scandinavian film industry

>unoriginal second world war films with dark and grey colour scheme. No creativity, filled with pathos, very bland and they are actually remaking the same war novel for the third time, this time with huge budget and all the same actors who appear in previous film types

If you want to watch truly original film set in finland, watch Sauna

Pic related

and oh yes, if you can find it anywhere there is this big tv production from 80's called rauta-aika (imdb claims it's international name is "the iron age")

Extremely atmospheric and poetic miniseries about finnish national epic. Nothing comes close

is this cuckino?

what? she's just a smug cutie in the same vein as this

>he doesnt know

maybe if you are retard that doesn't bother searching for kinos or are just brainwashed faggot

there aint kino in finland, dumbo. Just trash, old cheap black n white trash, and trash with pathos.

the meme is literally called smug finish gril. look at her shirt.

Dumb self-hating Finncuck is dumb self-hating cuck.

Don't have to be self-hating to realize our film industry is utter shit. It is. That's a fact, jack. Doesn't mean everything else from here sucks, just means finns can't into films.

You certainly can't into Finnish films from all of your dumb self-hating cuckold fantasies. It's like every Finn is upset that their films aren't America tier trash.

polo

The thing is, nobody is interested in those films. They are extremely bland even for standards of their time. Its like someone tried to call eastern european stage production from 70's "a kino"

One of the main problems of finnish filmmakers btw, they didn't know the film and stage play had any difference

I love this dudes movies.

>Le Havre
>The Man Without a Past
>I Hired a Contract Killer
>The Match Factory Girl

I liked Lupaus
It was about the Lotta Svärd in WW2
Lots of Finnish qts suffering for the homeland
I guess it was a lotta svard work eh

>I guess it was a lotta svard work eh

desu you Finnfags have a very underrated country with Helsinki being one of the nicest cities I've ever visited

The Unknown Soldier sums up what Finns like to think of themselves

jesus what a pretentious shit. Literally every film by this guy is people reading their lines straight from paper without emotion and he is praised in finland media because "oh he is sooo different and original!!!" If you point out that his actors don't act you'll just get called "ignant" and "you don't get it do you"

Patrician as fuck taste nigger

Just because you aren't doesn't mean that nobody isn't. lots of great and good films out of the country.

hahaha lankesin

There's plenty of emotion in Aki's films, sounds like you are just too fucking stupid to understand them.

>people reading their lines straight from paper without emotion
>without emotion
I disagree a whole lot. Most of the emotion is conveyed by subtle facial expressions or body language, not by just the talking.

He does have a distinct style to him in terms of both visuals (especially noticeable with his lighting) as well as scriptwriting and directing.

Also, calling him pretentious is absolutely ridiculous. The themes and subject matter of his films are very clear and down to earth.

i'll give him the atmosphere, nothing else. If that requires that his actors can't act, then fine.

white as snow is a french movie that has finnish gangsters in it

that's all I have besides marco polo

sie oot gigapleb. Ei ihme ettei tolla paskalla maulla ja mielipiteillä löydy elokuvia joista pitää.

>gets so mad at someone pointing out shittiness of finnish films that he starts spouting mongolian

jesus get a load of this guy

So any of you losers watch Vikings?
Two of your boys have major roles on it now

Steam of Life is a great documentary.

vocaroo.com/i/s0wPiI1hibax

One of the few good, essentially Finnish movies.

Fuck off

>Proceeds to post one of the worst films from the country
Huutista.

Oh you're funny.

Is this that trademark finnish humor.

this is a true example of lame and bland film. It unironically glorifies lame ass shit like selling moonshine while playing hard rock in background. Like what the fuck, who even cares if you sell moonshine, I bet literally nobody. What a wannabe though guy act

Literally me

This is great

As a Finn I'd recommend Kaurismäki stuff and even then I've seen only a couple of his films

Then there's the classic Unknown Soldier from the 50s which is required viewing even though it's not that great

honestly some of my favorite TV from here is sketch comedies like Studio Julmahuvi and Pulkkinen (Kummeli has lots of memorable quotes but fuck if they don't run those jokes to the ground)

So actually I have to recommend Don't Push The River, a short film with Kopiovastaava character from Pulkkinen. It's on Youtube on full but has no subtitles. But a lot of the charm is in the memorable dialogue anyway that kinda can't be translated. This is one of those shorts that many people my age can quote to all ends

i unironically want to have sex with this girl

Probably not

Go tell that to guys who look like Antti and Jussi in Kauhava. It's our Godfather, glorifying a dead/dying way of life that has long traditions in our pre-industrial society. What are you doing here anyway, shouldn't you be paying attention in school?

dude thats like bragging about toughness of pot dealing, even worse. You should tell your countrymen to grow up if they still think selling booze is the tough shit in 2000's

We're hillbillies, I'm sure our Appalachian cousins also think it's tough shit due to the traditions and legends surrounding it.

It's not bragging, it's poisonous nostalgia that still kills people by violence and the disease that is alcoholism.

Also a Finn would just pity these two stupid guys instead of glorifying them, I don't get where that comes from.

How do finns feel about Spede Pasanen generally?

Also, same question but about Matti Nykanen.

Finnish people don't actually exist.

Older people probably value Spede's comedy more than our generation because of nostalgia
He was also an inventor and invented some type of boat and other shit
But he was a very interesting person

Matti Nykänen is a full blown IRL meme

At least we don't produce 200 episodes of predictable and interchangable crime dramas a year, like our neigbours in the west.

For younger generation, spede pasanen exists nowadays as a succesful international meme, the assburger man

Matti Nykänen is symbol for simple-minds and doing stupid shit while drunk. although his remarks are way more wittier than most of the finns could ever produce

The Helsinki part in Night on Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=sLva0dZX21A

A Patriotic Man (Isänmaallinen Mies) is good and enlightning regarding Finland's doping history.

Yeah, we got everything we need in Salkkarit

I thought as much about Nykanen.

I remember as a kid my family talking about him once, how he was a drunkard and stabbed his wife and I think pawned his gold medal, having a laugh about like was a major goofball.

>tfw over 3000 episodes

Yeah nowadays he is mostly remembered from his kinda-witty-but-insanely-stupid remarks like "fifty-sixty" and "elämä on laiffii" (literally "life is life")

he also has a singing career and sings in some shitty pubs incredibly drunk, I should go see that some time

Are Finns rednecks?

He was fucked as soon as he got his success. A shitload of olympic medals and the president issued him a driving license by a special decree when he was 16. It was always going to be downhill from there

This post triggered an existential crisis

Some are, others aren't

Ostrobothnians are rednecks. They have a knife fighting culture and were the birthplace of our fascist movement in the twenties.

here's your (you)

Oh yeah. We move to cities, vote for liberal policies and import foreign cultural capital to try and deny that but we're way too thinly spread for any of that to truly take hold anywhere else than in the cities where we congregate.

It'll take time for any real change, you have to take into account that we were an agrarian society until the 1950s.

Especially the Ostrobothnians.

On second thought, I don't want to know.

Saw this last friday, pretty good for a Finnish film
youtube.com/watch?v=Avvy_tos0EM
The trailer has captions for english subtitles

Yeah, mostly people from teather scene acted and produced lots of props.

Finland is going to unload exploitation, schlock and 'artsy' stuff in next few years

If even one of those movies will be half way decent it's a win in my book

>the president issued him a driving license by a special decree when he was 16
Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=mz8Va3WRT6Y
This looks good schlock fucking hell.

The Aleksi Mäkelä and Markus Selin mafia must be purged for Finnish mainstream films to become good. Also Franzén and Pääkkönen can fuck off and stay abroad to do Vikings, please take Edelmann with you.

Because he was a hero or whatever and couldn't legally drive before 18

Still makes no sense, but ok.

who are some Finnish waifus

The man on the right looks like Decker

Here in Finland we value people like this way more than in your good old USA, because we have only 5 million population. Maybe we value them too much

This qt

I find Finnish culture super cozy. I love road tripping in your country, it's like being permanently walled into a labyrinthine fort of trees, with sporadic pockets of civilization consisting of lovable snowy faced eccentrics.

We also value any shitty excuse to meet up at the market square