- Depression
- Anxiety
- Mood Swings
- DP/DR

>inb4 weed
>inb4 alcohol

A bullet

xanax is awesome

LSD is proven to help with these types of symptoms. As someone who has used it multiple times I agree. It's kind of like giving your brain a bath.

Yeah I've heard they help - kinda bad for your liver though aren't they?

I think you maby should try a psychiatrist
if not try weed and shrooms

I was thinking about acid yesterday - when I'm in a better place mentally I might try it

My life's had no real rhythm to it - if I still feel this way after a few more months I will seek professional help - in the short term I just seek some sort of drugs - weed doesn't sit right with me and was what had a big part in causing my DP/DR

not really. incredibly addictive and your tolerance builds very fast. nearly impossible to OD on but one of the only drugs whose withdrawal symptoms alone will kill you. seen it happen and it’s a shitty way to go.
taking it is playing with fire and it does nothing to treat symptoms only cover them up, though it’s incredibly effective for covering up. so it has ups and downs

Anti-seizure medication can help mood swings at least when they are related to bipolar disorder. For anxiety you are looking at anxiolytics such as benzos like Xanax or Valium but these are best used sparingly. You might have more luck using an anti-depressant (specifically an SSRI) off label to help with everyday anxiety. Weed and alcohol are likely to make anxiety worse in the long run so I wouldn't recommend those until you feel you're stable enough and then only sparingly. There are of course a million "natural" remedies for all these things but a simple Google search will turn all that up.

Psychedelics like lsd as someone mentioned may have a positive effect on anxiety and depression but again, self treatment can be risky business. Ketamine has been shown to ease symptoms of depression mainly because of its affinity for the NMDA receptor, and you have the added benefit of being able to get this treatment done in an actual doctor's office under his or her care.

"withdrawal symptoms alone will kill you."

>explain

also if you want to take acid but are in a bad state of mind having xanax handy is a good idea. it can really calm a trip down that’s not going well

Withdrawing from benzos will drastically lower your seizure threshold (meaning it would be much easier for you to have one)

Xanax seems to be the favourite so far - I mean being a UK fag I assume it'd be sold as Alprazolam

ketamine is actually doing really well in clinical trials for treating depression.

Fuck that sounds nasty man

Psilocybin mushrooms.

Idk if it's something I'd want to get hooked on - how addictive is it?

basically if you’re addicted to it you can’t stop cold turkey. with heroin and opiates you can quit cold turkey and it will just suck ass. if you abpruptly stop xanax you will die. only if your taking pretty high doses though but even with 6-8mgs daily which doesn’t sound like much but again tolerance shoots up quickly you can expect to have seizures and will likely be hospitalized.

Not really, if you taper your dosage slowly and use anti-seizure meds in conjunction with the taper you'll be fine, except of course your anxiety will return.

Dang

Make sense - always a down side to these sorts of things I guess

not addictive in the same way weed is. i wouldn’t trust buying it on the streets and after using it quite a bit don’t think it would be effective for anything more than escaping.

fairly addictive. but most drugs arent going to help but rather make it worse. SSRI's have some success but do not use them without a doctors supervision or you might die.

>if you abruptly stop Xanax you will die

This is an alarmist blanket statement at best. Yes it is dangerous to discontinue any benzo without tapering but I have seen people discontinue and have no problems whatsoever. Remember anecdotal evidence is not the end all be all.

OP again, I was taking Tramadol when I was ill but would pop 1 or 2 more sometime after my first dose - tho not very intoxicating as it were I did find it to help a bit - any experience with Tramadol/advice??

it’s really sad how much music glorifies it now and how willing doctors are to write scripts for it. it’s become a household name and few people understand how dangerous it is even taking it as directed

Yeah thats a good point

Exercise

drugs won't help

MDMA

weed makes it better
alcohol makes it worse

Depression and anxiety: Lexapro
Mood swings: Topamax
DP/DR: Seroquel

/Thread

P.S: I meant those in isolation. I believe there's a drug interaction between seroquel and lexapro, but I'm not a psychiatrist, just a med student. Just go to the psychiatrist if you need more info on that.

Whoever is advising the clearly psychotic user to smoke weed should shut the fuck up. It will make his situation worse.

weed

Depression and mood stabilization are different medications.

You should be asking a psychological health care professional.

I use weed for anxiety and cocaine for the depression when I need to get shit done.

Try Phenibut or get prescribed some GABA (phenibut is better and you can order it online (liftmode.com)). It really helped me. And it's legal. good luck faggot

If anything, psychedelics. Try LSD or shrooms. Make sure to test your LSD. Have a tripsitter. You'll have to want to get better, it can't help you if you don't want to get out of your depression.

I second this. Good feeling, shorter trip than LSD. Less chance of any negative effects for trip newbs.

Also you can easily grow them yourself with very little money invested and no shady online transactions. If you're depressed, you may find that growing them in and of itself is a rewarding hobby. Like gardening.