youtube.com/watch?v=ua7TfcxJqRU
youtube.com/watch?v=LjgrgYTS9SU
youtube.com/watch?v=M_fUTzCcupQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DYoUu3_gjjY
summerstepsrecords.bandcamp.com/track/your-other-man
juno.co.uk/products/thurston-moore-songs-we-taught-the-lord/635071-01/
juno.co.uk/products/thurston-moore-songs-we-taught-the-lord/635073-01/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Quinn Boys II is excellent. give quite a bit to see it live.

Am I doing it wrong when my favorite Jandek song is the one where he bangs on a piano for 15 minutes?

lawbreakers is such a shit game

no
So far (at least from the released stuff) he only performed 1 single album song live.

I should probably make the full discography chart sometime

Yay, Jandek thread. He's my favorite artist by far, seriously worth trying out for anyone who hasn't heard
youtube.com/watch?v=IXmu93y8aEs
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ9AKLtJZ7k
youtube.com/watch?v=VzKDerUnOcI
youtube.com/watch?v=4YjUQd0L3sI
youtube.com/watch?v=ua7TfcxJqRU
There isn't much of a difference in the quality across albums, but there are so many distinct (but groupable) styles. I feel a better approach may be to categorize and subcategorize the albums and say how the categories relate rather than suggest a linear path or exclude any album (some may be on their own...)

Sometimes I go a year barely listening to Jandek, and other times I go a year listening to almost nothing else. Anyone follow similar patterns?

a year listening to nothing but almost Jandek? Jesus fuck I'd hate to date you

>I feel a better approach may be to categorize and subcategorize the albums and say how the categories relate rather than suggest a linear path or exclude any album (some may be on their own...)
That was my plan for how to group the new chart, especially with the live albums.

I wasn't dating anyone then, that probably led me to Jandek tho rather than the other way around

youtube.com/watch?v=LjgrgYTS9SU

this was much more the vibe:
youtube.com/watch?v=M_fUTzCcupQ

so is it that those years that you don't listen to much Jandek are when you're in a relationship?

Weren't "I'm Ready" (albeit in a different arrangement) and a song of Graven Image performed and released?

I counted Fishing Blues only in this case.

I think it's more that the years I'm not as in to Jandek I'm more invested in things, or just busier. Jandek is the perfect music for a lifestyle where you feel irrelevant to the world and the world feels irrelevant to you. So yeah, when I'm in a relationship generally that means I'm less self centered and I'm less interested in Jandek

He frequently reuses melodies. I'm Ready is also pretty much the same as When The Telephone Melts

Is there a recording available of Fishing Blues live? I didn't know about that

>He frequently reuses melodies. I'm Ready is also pretty much the same as When The Telephone Melts
this I'm aware of yes.
>Is there a recording available of Fishing Blues live? I didn't know about that

St. Louis Friday, track 3.

Ah, understood.
Personally, I'd like to see a live version of "When The Telephone Melts", as close to the original version as possible.

I would love to see his piano playing live to be more like The Beginning and not like the rest of his piano material.

I'm tired, realizing I should have said something more to the effect of he reuses **lyrics**, to suggest that it may not count as a cover to the rep just for using the same lyrics again

>He frequently reuses melodies

Yeah, I'm aware of that.
>I'm Ready is also pretty much the same as When The Telephone Melts

And "When The Telephone Melts" reuses the lyrics of "Telegraph Melts" with just minor changes, iirc. In fact, most of "You Walk Alone" consists of reused lyrics, no?

For sure, The Beginning was his best piano track. And I love his piano works in general, but that one track... Fuck, it's fantastic.

Yep, I got it m8.

He reused the lyrics from Nancy Sings the most I think. I can recall several different tracks with similar lyrical passages off the top of my head.
>Nancy Sings
>John Plays Drums
>Birthday

nice fours

The Beginning is a masterpiece. That's the song I was referring to when I said it's my favorite Jandek song period.

So what's everyone's...
>least favorite Jandek album
>artists you consider similar to Jandek (if any)
>most played Jandek track (if your music player does that)
>what do you think of these covers:
youtube.com/watch?v=DYoUu3_gjjY
summerstepsrecords.bandcamp.com/track/your-other-man

Yeah, it's probably reused the most. A Dozen Drops is another one

>least favorite Jandek album
From studio records it is The Rocks Crumble.
From live albums it is Houston Saturday I think, but mostly cause I overhyped it to myself.
>>artists you consider similar to Jandek (if any)
Kengo Iuchi maybe?
>most played Jandek track (if your music player does that)
First You Think Your Fortune's Lovely according to Last.FM but it is highly inaccurate, because my FiiO doesn't scrobble.
>>what do you think of these covers
I remember hearing it once but I didn't particularly care for them.

Anyone seen last year's Thurston Moore releases with the Jandek tribute album covers? Pretty silly
juno.co.uk/products/thurston-moore-songs-we-taught-the-lord/635071-01/
juno.co.uk/products/thurston-moore-songs-we-taught-the-lord/635073-01/

Pretty cool, the music's not immediately grabbing me though