Travelling is a waste of time and money. Once the internet was invented travel became obsolete...

Travelling is a waste of time and money. Once the internet was invented travel became obsolete. The only reason personal "fun" travel still exists is because agencies trick people into thinking their life will somehow get magically better if they were in a different location, which of course is NOT TRUE. NEVER travel it is a scam, you won't enjoy it and you won't feel better about your life. I travelled once, it was complete horse shit and a ripoff.

The only reason I would ever travel was if I had an extra $100,000 in the bank and a wife that was begging for it, and even then I would just use it as leverage to stick it in the pooper or something.

Traveling is not for you my friend.
Don't suppose everybody is like you. I can't stay 1 day in the house without going for at least 2 km walk regardless of weather. Traveling allows me to get my walk in different places and see different things

So are we supposed to all be depressed sad sacks that agree with you or rage at you and tell you about our good traveling experiences that cant be replicated online?

I can tell you have never been to hawaii or new zealand.

travelling to the big city from your rural Kansas corn farm does not make you an expert on travel.

It's true, I went to travel for 3 months, thinking I could get out of my shell and change. Well I had good time seeing different places, hiking and swimming, but I still didn't get any better with humans. So I went to therapist to ask what is wrong with me and I was diagnosed to be schizoid.

test

Can't believe I find myself agreeing with a Jew, of all people.
Travelling sucks nowadays because everwhere is the same, populated by the same people, living the same hedonistic lifestyle, watching the same sitcoms, travelling in a shitty aluminum plane and not in a comfy wooden ship with creaking sounds and comfy swaying, wearing the same clothes, liking the same le 9gag meme, and fucking the same obnoxious """""alphas"""""and whores.

All of this in a very contained and politically correct environment. There's literally no thrill whatsoever in travelling anymore, unless you consider the possibility of dying by some terrorist attack exciting. What's more, all the old-style, comfy buildings look like shit surrounded by the FUCKING SAME modern architecture buildings that fuck all the landscape up.

*sigh*
It's sad that I prefer to stay in my room, I would have loved to travel in the beforetimes.

>Finngoloids in charge of human interaction.

I just walk around other places on google streetview, it is basiclaly the same.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

I must agree.
I've spent longer times living abroad, and I really loved that.
However, when you only spend 1-2-3 weeks in one place, you don't have the lay of the land so you'll inevitably end up gobbling up the shallow crap desperate tourism workers are trying to shove down your throat. You're also in a rush because you want to check off EVERYTHING on a list of sights you got from the internet, so again, you're likely to miss the less flashy but really fun places tourists don't know about.
You're probably anxious too because you don't want to get lost / get robbed / get ripped off at a taxi or a restaurant.
All in all, unless you're going to a place for one specific activity like climbing or hunting, short holidays are shit.

This thread is fucking packed with autism.

Looking at pictures on the internet isn't the same as actually going somewhere you creepy shut ins. Why can't you be normal people?

>Like actual foreign cuisines
there are all sorts of foods where i live. also i have a kitchen

>seeing a variety of different monuments and different architecture for your own eyes that you wouldn't be able to see in your own
false, so many photos online

>getting to know the culture of different peoples by interacting with the locals
what is this forum about? also do you want to get murdered/raped?

>Getting chances to engage in snow sports, water sports that are held dearly in certain countries
kek fuck snow. never seen it never want to

>seeing new landscapes and experiencing new climates and being able to see animals unfamiliar in your own nation (not including the ones you see in zoos)
why not included at zoos? lol you're ridiculous. and landscapes can be seen in images

>Substituting travel with the internet is like substituting sex with masturbation.
more like substituting prostitution with fapping. i'll keep my shekels and use my hand, faggot

Travelling is literally the eternal #1 pleb hobby.

>wew look at me I took a shit in a bush someplace far away and then missed the bus haha ain't I sophisticated and worldly

kek, well put

Sorry to break up the RP thread, boys, but I figure I'll suggest visiting some historical locations if you get the chance. Pic related, the burial mound for the Athenian dead at Marathon. Going to Greece this July.

Also, it's a wonderful thing to interact with people from a completely different country in their native land, especially if you do it in their language (don't know Greek, but I spent last September in oviedo).

I dont think its a surprise that a website for introverts doesnt like traveling. Its not for everyone and most places arent worth going to but it can be fun and eye opening to experience in person the difference in scenery.

Going to meme places such as London are pleb tier garbage but i would consider a camping trip in forests of Tennessee worth it. I enjoyed going to Oregon as well.

NYC was interesting. I had a friends house to stay so it didnt cost much other than the flight. Worth it to at least experience it in person though id never want to live there

Probably had a fucking awful trip then, if you feel like it's a scam maybe you got yourself scammed all the way through. People who get sick of traveling just head back home, why didn't you? Probably you've been traveling with one of those awful herds of travelers and had a lot of chicks banged above your head on the bunk bed.
>Photos online
What a fucking philistine.

You experience travel through facebook posts, no wonder you fucking hate it.
Wasn't very active on facebook while travelling, a few months in and I've abandoned the account, it's still there unused for years now

You don't know what you are talking about OP. No amount of internets can make you feel like I felt when I took this picture.

Backpacked europe last year. It was fun, but honestly i was pretty disappointed of the Americanization everywhere.

You are missing the point entirely.

Yes, plebs travel for all the wrong reasons. They do it for status and go "Look at me, I'm in London! Taking a picture next to one of those red phone booths! Look how much fun I'm having! Please give me attention! XD"

But there is nothing more autistic than saying "the internet has made travel obsolete."

Travel is pretty much the only thing worth striving for in this boring as fuck world. Leave it to a Jew to spread the false flag that goys shouldn't travel.

jij

I think he quite clearly meant traveling out of your country, gypsy

WE ARE LIVING IN AMERIKKA

You might find all of the information of location x from online, but it's a completely different feeling to actually be there.

I consider myself quite a practical person, when it comes to my reasoning and pursuit of happiness I only use logic and objectivity, but the fact of the matter is that all humans also need to satisfy emotions.

Being on the spot surrounds you with a firsthand experience of information you'd find online, and you get an actual feel as to how people live in said location. Also, all the stuff online is scattered wherever, actually physically being there helps you consume 10 times more knowledge than online.

What you can find on the internet is only hard data, statistics, facts and so on. You masturbate/get laid, right? Why not just google online about what exactly happens in your mind and body when you get an orgasm? After all, that's the reasoning you use.

You do it for the feeling, nothing else. Your sense of human interaction, communication and accomplishment expand as you travel, helping you understand more about the world.

Nice pic f-a-m, I can't imagine how it must have felt to be looking out on that view with your own eyes. Photography can never quite do it justice. Even VR likely has quite a few years to go before it's barely comparable.

Maybe you need that kind of money in jewville, I just hop on my Harley and ride, then camp. I can travel the US in a couple months for less than $1000