What five songs best capture the feel of these five childhood eras?

What five songs best capture the feel of these five childhood eras?

Other urls found in this thread:

pown.it
youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo
youtu.be/eZ5tWMdoQdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Give or take.

core millennial here
- Stacy's Mom
- All Star
- Temperature (Sean Paul)
- Candy Shop
- Pieces of Me

I miss early meme age

I miss Newgrounds and YTMND memes internet.

Early Gen Z pic would pic some kid in front of a computer

pown.it

not bad

Late millennial and early gen z was me I guess

Why were descendants of millenial culture so edgy and random? Why are descendants of gen z culture so emotionally dishonest and ironic?

>emotionally dishonest and ironic
lack of real human interaction?

Case in point.

adding to core millennial culture

Smooth ft. Rob Thomas - Santana
Closing Time - Semisonic
Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men
Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith

This image makes me realize that late 2000's culture was fucking horrible. What went so wrong between 2005-2009?

Gen Z lines up almost too well with being Gen X's offspring. This is a pretty broad range, but essentially it can be anywhere from the 80's to the mid 90's when it comes to music, which explains why early Gen Z was the last generation to care about rock deeply (the wrong generation kids).

This normally explains it, but there's something else at play here. The Internet and how for years millenials had a stronghold on it. Gen Z grew up in an environment I can only describe as a recently fallen utopia. Twin Towers and the 2008 crash led to an idealization of safer times. Millenials deified the 90's and Gen Z caught remaints of media from an idealized era gone by.

This mix of Gen X latent sarcasm with growing up in a Millenial environment and idealizing their childhood era us to what you call unsincerity - or, as I've heard, a belief that nothing's gone right.

Core Millennial with ADHD here

Lie Still Little Bottle
Brain Stew/Jaded
Amphetamine
Wired God

I was born in 86 so which one do I fall in

late millenial
>in too deep
>american idiot
>thnks fr th mmrs
>hey ya
>how you remind me

>Windows XP
>Icons folder

I bet there were some sweet bad ass buddies icons in there for AIM

I experienced both this shit though

early gen z should be 2006-2013/2014

Early 80's isn't millennial you faggot OP

Yes it is

Early culture:
MC Hammer: Can't touch this
Sinead O'Connor: Nothing Compares
Billy Joel: We didn't start the fire
Phil Collins: Another day in paradise
The Beach Boys: Kokomo

I remember hearing and seeing these all of the time when I first got to America. I came from Japan when I was 8.

Early Gen Z
>Let’s get retarded
>Party in the USA
> So What
>let it rock
>Anything by country-Taylor-Swift

Our music was shit...take me back

Like 80-82 kind of overlaps with gen x, it kind of can go either way with those

>tfw early gen z but since grown up in a third world sh*thole have grown up with millenial stuff
also most music would be
>Stylo
>Viva la vida
>20th century breakdown
>flll the rest with niggershit music blasted forever and ever on tv, radio, clubs, high school when no teachers where around, and basically fucking everywhere
nah

I grew up with a bunch of shit from the first 3 buts that's probably because I'm the youngest of four siblings

why is there so much confusion with the naming of generations? It's just a 20 year period

1940 - 1960 (Baby Boomers)
1960 - 1980 (Gen X)
1980 - 2000 (Gen Y or 'Millenials')
2000 - 2020 (Gen Z)

Early-core millennial culture Fits with The Go! Team’s Thunder Lightning Strike

Late millennials

> I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
> She Moves In Her Own Ways - The Kooks
> Thnks fr th Mmrs - Fall Out Boy
> All The Small Things - Blink 182
> I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry

For late millenial

youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo

I'm kind of both core and late millennial. These lists are usually very America-centric so I didn't see some of those shows. Some shows aired later here. Saved By the Bell got endless reruns

So I was born in 98, and in my childhood I took part in the stuff of both Late Millennial culture and early gen z culture, with some little things from core millenial culture still being reminded by me (Tamagochis were a hit when I was 8, my frinds and I all watched Pokemon, dragonball, dexter and recess, and gameboys were popular until we were fucking 14)

What is my generation?

You're off. It's variable. 1945-1965: Boomers; 1965-1980: Gen X; 1980-1995: Millenials; 1995-2010: Gen Z. You're missing key historical points which affect development as a child. A Gen Z child grew up in a post-Twin Towers world heading to early 2008 Recession. Millenials were far more mature by then. That's just an example.

You're Gen Z. Very early Gen Z, but nevertheless Gen Z. There generally is something of an overspill from past gens into the next one.

core millennial needs boomfunk mc-freestyla and robert miles-children

Born in ‘98 living in the suburbs outside of New York City. Can confirm that growing up in post 9/11 times was lame as fuck. I feel like lots of other childhoods were very authentic and exciting but mine was just Ds Lite, Total drama Island, Carrie Underwood bullshit. My fondest memories are my earliest ones where some things still seemed quality from the mid 90s but it was mostly just reruns of shows or older songs.

This is the perfect place to share this. This video really gets to me, how do you feel watching it?
youtu.be/eZ5tWMdoQdg

>Can confirm that growing up in post 9/11 times was lame as fuck. I feel like lots of other childhoods were very authentic and exciting but mine was just Ds Lite, Total drama Island, Carrie Underwood bullshit. My fondest memories are my earliest ones where some things still seemed quality from the mid 90s but it was mostly just reruns of shows or older songs
What a fucking Linklater faggot. Hope someone mugs you and shoots you

bump

theyre all doped up on SSRIs and now every show of emotion is either cringe or edgy

People in this thread have a pretty poor idea of how generations work. there typically arent set periods that define a generation (ex. 1980-1995 isnt a definitive time period for millenial). Depending on the organization or research group the end point changes, sometimes up to 5 years. for example the US census cites the last year of millenial births to be 1997 or 98. Other research groups put it at 93. There are a number of factors that effect it including the generation of your parents. This is why you can see 2 people born in the same year who have very different childhood experiences. I was born in 97, but i experienced a lot of core millenial aspects because of my older brother and my older parents. I have friends who act like gen Zers with youtube fanaticism and shit.