So there's been some talk over the past few days about Sup Forums starting a crew that operates a pirate ship...

So there's been some talk over the past few days about Sup Forums starting a crew that operates a pirate ship. If a gofundme was started for keks and zozzles, would any of you faggots seriously consider working on this shit if it somehow made a ton of money like the pasta salad faggot?

Probably couldn't use the Sup Forums logo out of copyright laws but wouldn't this be nice? finally getting out of your mother's basement and having a place to call home...

yarr.. there she be...

quints becomes quartermaster

How do you expect to make money?
And what should we be working on?

tourism, private parties and maybe even movie gigs.

perhaps we could really act as a delivery vessel in some instances.

Yeah if you find someone to give you a small loan of million dollars tp fund this then id join

Obviously by boarding the east India trading company and raiding the fucking British royal ships. How else faggot?

spread the message. there's gotta be some rich dickhead somewhere who'd do this.

why should user pay for something user can't control
we don't even cover the website bills

i want in.

Well yeah atleast make a discord or something where people could organize

This seems like the exact sort of story I would like to tell when I'm archaic. I'm in.

Kek this man knows what he wants

>crew that operates a pirate ship.
Do you want to get blown to pieces by UN? cause that's how you get blown to pieces by UN.

Only way that would happen is if we actually raided ships. We could legally operate a ship no problem. Just need a crew and a helmsman

fuck. here's the discord. i never used it before so i hope this is set up properly. also Sup Forums keeps thinking this shit is spam so remove spaces and add to the discord url. you fags get to work. i'll be back in just a minute.

/ Z z U g A y M

>pirate ship
>no raids
wtf user? what's the purpose then? In that case we could all just buy some cruise tickets and party for a week or two.

expired

or we can party for the rest of our lives while people buy tickets from us

10/10 would be cook

This sounds preferable.
Optional raiding though.

Ok, i'm in then, what now? And gib new discord link

Trips demands.

Dubs confirm.

seems to have worked.

copy and paste. remove spaces before hitting enter
/ Z z U g A y M

so all that this plan hinges on is other people giving their millions to buy a ship and then letting all you poorfags who haven't donated ride on it for free? sounds like it's going to happen

as long as you're ok being the cabin boy / cum storage

dont have to be millions, just enough to start and we can establish capital once theres footing. after a few years it could be millions.

It's a pirate ship. They never said what kind of piracy.

Really, the problem would be finding enough Sup Forumstards that have some kind of experience with historical sailing. /his/ or /k/ might have one or two, and /out/ is likely to have a couple people used to modern gear, but they'll all need paid. Also, a wooden ship like that is expensive to build new, and it's expensive to restore an old one. IF you can find one for sale, that is. I have no clue where to go looking, quite honestly.

Wasnt tough to find.

anyone got 700k?

Only 100 feet, though?

One of several i found. Just search caravel or galleons for sale. Saw one for 750k an it was huge, but sold.

Oh, shit. This is actually feasible!

in case you missed the post. here's the discord link. get in here faggots.

>758951612

Get in her fags we arw raiding again

You guys are dumb, you can build a priate ship but that’s where the story ends, all open waters are owned by a country, you only have a certain amount of distance before you hit what they call no mans land

No mans land isn’t own by any country that’s were if a person wanted to they could fuck a cow,

But the japs (true criminal pirates) roam the sea hunting whales.

Most other countries need you to register the boat, have insurance on the boat, and even need to file papers as to what you plan to use the boat for. And then it needs to make its way all the way to the party’s government to see if you get approved or not.

>being this gay

lol

what are international waters faggot

Actual person who knows a lot about ships here, AMA
Also, a few things I should point out:
Third-world countries are your friend when it comes to hull construction, repair, and modification. They can do it for far cheaper than you can in first-world countries.
Documentation on civilian vessels can be very vague, which you can use to your advantage: For example, if you wanted to pretend to sell a boat (which you might do if the government starts to target you), you could buy a smaller boat then resell it with the name of the boat you're pretending to sell.
If you can figure out how to manufacture marine equipment with a cool theme and sturdy construction, you can make a fortune.

what kind of equipment my nigga

marine mostly

Rolling for hexes
I will be captain

I’ll swab the poop deck (if you know what I mean)

This... we be pirates and we be stealing your booty!

Bump

I'm going to provide some estimated costs for a sailing ship suited for 10 Sup Forums nerds:

HULL: $50k (very rough estimate and assuming you don't mind where the boat starts out)
For 10 people to be comfortable, a 30-40 metre vessel would be ideal. Sailing craft in this size category are referred to as "mega yachts", and are extremely rare due to how few companies manufacture them and how little demand there is for them.
Price research for this is difficult, but having seen the prices of slightly smaller yachts in first-world countries, I imagine that in poor countries that manufacture a lot of boats, if you're lucky you could pay just $50k for a wooden-hulled vessel of this size category.

SAILING: $15k
This is what I estimate for sails, an anchor, and a few winches for a fairly large vessel.

MOTOR: $5k-20k
Price really depends on speed.
A relatively cheap engine is enough for maneuvering (sails would be main propulsion), and it starts getting really expensive as you try to go fast with engines.

UTILITIES: $10k
Batteries: US 16c per watt-hour. 20,000 watt-hours ($3200) should be sufficient, as long as there is some passive form of energy generation. It saves money in the long run to have more power storage than you need, as batteries decay faster the lower their voltage is.

Solar power: If you buy from China, roughly a dollar per watt (in optimal conditions). I'd suggest 2000 watts worth: Plenty on a sunny day, and on a cloudy day you might as well not have solar panels.

Wind power: Once again, about a dollar per watt. 1000 watts worth would be good, more would get in the way. Objects on the deck of a sailing ship should ideally lie flat, and turbines are not flat.

Water: The cheapest watermaker (machine that extracts freshwater from saltwater) I've seen is $4000. It should be enough for 10 people, as long as there's a decent amount of water storage (at least 500L) as a buffer.

Thank you user, youre doing gods work.

Actually, I'm not so sure that $50k is realistic for a hull of that size, even in a third-world country.