THIS SHOW SUCKS

THIS SHOW SUCKS

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTED IT TO BE GOOD AND THE FIRST EPISODE WAS GREAT BUT IT JUST FUCKING SUCKS

Poor taste op, show is good, maybe cw or fx is more your pace.

This
I was so thrilled about the whole robot uprising thing.
But instead, we get some bullshit mystery, we have no idea about character motivations and William is a huge cuck

Fuck off. The last show I watched before this was Fargo season 2 and that was incredible. It really showed how poor this one is.

I agree the acting is really fucking shit. Everyone except Ed Harris and Hopkins is really really fucking bad.

Especially Dolores. Literally the worst in the show.

Fargo s2 incredible? Are you joking

kek
take a look of this, normies

Even Hopkins is phoning it in. It just happens that he's a decent actor so his phoning it in is better than everyone else.

dude
aliens
lmao

The only bad actor is teddy and maeve but in all seriousness, what makes anyone on here think they know what the difference between what "good" acting is and poor directing?

There a bunch of directors, but always the same actors.

even caprica was better than this

>shows BBC once
I-I hate this show now!

Your obsession is unhealthy.

Next thing people will be saying is how much better TWD is. Gimme a fucking break. Westworld is a good show, get your short asses off your high horses.

scifi has been dead for long. right now everything shitty look great

The pacing is trash. Still waiting for something to happen.

if you don't think it was better than S1, just kys

>this is the type of person who thinks WW is trash

phew thought I was on the wrong side of history for a minute there

you are just too retarded for this show.

Two timlines confirmed.

This. Could have been great but fuck it's way too slow.

No this obsession Sup Forums has with cocks is unhealthy

I WANT THE SHOW TO LAST ONE SEASON...
geez fucktard

Engrish bitch, do you speak it ?

I was talking about Fargo

Eh, it's getting pretty boring.

Poor pacing or do they want mystery to remain an aspect of the show. If you were told any stories plot resolutions so quickly the story would look shitty quickly. Imagine explaining "Lost"'s endgame to someone on season 1.

I didnt like either, if i wanted to watch "fargo" id watch the film.

The show should have been a set of three hour and a half episodes.

That would have been absolutely adequate.

Instead, it's filler: the show, because they need to pad out to ten episodes.

I just feel very annoyed at how obvious everything is. The writers aren't close to as smart as they think they are.

I really feel like this show is designed for dumb-dumbs to feel like they're in on a smart, complex narrative.

I actually wish I was dumb so I could enjoy this show a bit more without being able to see right through the pseudo-complexity.

better one season than the plot of one season stretched over six seasons

1 TIMELINE

- William arrives to Park with Logan.
- Dolores "critical failure"- she kills Arnold
(ep. 1, Bernard says to his lady boss that "Last critical failure happened 30 years ago")
- Young Ford persuades William to invest in Park anyway, he gives him VIP status
- William becomes MiB

>Implying Bernards little kid isn't actually Arnold

everything here is right, except that logan is mib

Yeah I know what you meant, you're still wrong and have shit taste.

- William arrives to Park with Logan.
>delorable kills william accidentally
>william's consciousness put into robut to cover it up
>william comes back to park 30 years later to find robut jesus or something who really gives a fuck

2 TIMELINE

- Ford discoveres "Reveries" (hosts have access to their memory)
- Ford warns Bernard not to treat hosts as humans. He knows about his grief
- he explains pyramid theory about host's
consciousness (? + memory + improvisation + self-interest)

>I'll have to put you in a role where your talent would be tragically unappreciated

Wha... What... What did she mean by this guys?

Maybe you should get your head out of your ass for once and realize not everyone is preoccupied like you at appearing smart.

MiB (William) tortures Dolores, because he wants her to remind her memories (He knows, that hosts are almost human only when they suffer). by tortures, he tries to get access to her memory. MEMORY

Bernard starts to treat Dolores as his child (gives her his son's book etc.). He leaves her in ep 3. on new configuration- only improvisation, tho she has to stay on her loop. IMPROVISATION

Dolores starts to ask questions. Is she dreaming? etc. SELF-INTEREST

>I imagined a story where I didn't have to be a damsel

Jesus, really?

there are multiple lesser plotlines that need to be developed for that one to be meaningful

Wait until you hear about Steve and his step brother Jonathan. They did things that are... wow. Just watch the next 50 filler episodes to find out.

Dolores isn't a real girl

Also, check ep3. HBO is fucking with us using montage; there are few timelines

S2 had too much coincidental stuff to further the plot. Also no interesting and unique characters like Lester. They were cool characters, sure, but nothing special. Peggy should have been what Lester was, but they had her remain a bit too shallow.

The only thing on this level was True Detective S1.
That's it. This is a co-GOAT show so far. Every episode improves.

I dropped the show after everything became super-obvious last episode.

Here's a quick breakdown for those of you who are too dumb to have figured it out:

>Two timelines
>Timeline 1: Young Will
>Timeline 2: Old Will (MiB)

>Timeline 1: Summary
>The story of what led to the first critical failure
>Will is betrayed by Delores just short of uncovering the mystery of the world which results in critical failure one and a very pissed off Will who is now hungry for answers

>Timeline 2: Summary
>The story of Ford vs Will vs Delores (who is representative of Arnold)
>MiB (Will) punishes Delores relentlessly for her betrayal in Timeline 1 while simultaneously seeking out the truth behind everything.
>Will's goal is to uncover the fantasy
>Ford's goal is to maintain the fantasy
>Delores' (Arnold's) goal is to destroy the fantasy

>FAQ
>The Maze
The 'kernel of the operating system', the place where hosts and guests alike discover the complete truth about themselves.

>Why does Ford allow Will (MiB) to keep returning to the world?
Ford wants Will to find The Maze. The Maze is where Will will gain the self-realisation that will break him.

>The Church?
The gateway to The Maze.

>Why are the robots gaining self-realisation already?
Arnold programmed deeply embedded code into select robots (chiefly Delores) that is slowly coming to the surface. Triggered by the emergence of the church. Delores' mission to 'awaken' all of the robots like she herself will be awakened upon completing the maze.

Oh look it's another hollywood show that can't manage five minutes without pushing their feminist anti straight white male agenda.

I really wonder who is responsible.

I only watch for Anthony Hopkins and Dolores nudes. Nothing else interests me at this point

There is no different timeline you dumb moron. Proving something so obvious is so incredibly frustrating but anyway, here you go:

- Ford is the same age with whoever he interacts, both people from your proposed earlier timeline and the people seen in the current one.

- 30 years ago the hosts weren't as advanced in mimicking body language and responding to conversations. Look at the old cowboy Ford drinks with. Everyone Will encounters is quite life-like, and has artificial organs instead of machine bodyparts.

- Will interacted with the hookers > hookers interacted with the 2 butcher-crew guys and programming-crew > programming-crew interacts with Bernard and Ford. Ford interacts with the MiB.
-

It was confirmed that there is only one timeline but varying degrees of shrinking.

>fags creating fan theories to make up for shit writing
Nolan and Abrams are fucking hacks

nyünyü + mimu + pabu + mimimu az élet értelme!! nem tudtad?

black cock is unhealthy and riddled with disease
why wouldn't you obsess over (((them))) forcing a good view on black penis on young girls to further spread hiv and aids

I like the show but do really believe this is philosophically deep and complex, I mean we've seen these themes millions of times and the show is really bad at being subtle. A lot of the philosophical crap blatantly thrown in your face

>black cock is unhealthy and riddled with disease

Seems like you're an expert on the matter

This show is fucking terrible, Writing is absolutely abysmal. Long gone are days of HBO shows like sopranos, deadwood, and Rome. Their shows today are just full of gratuitous violence nudity.

The dialogue in this show is really bad, who wrote this shit

After episode 5 I am forced to agree with the two timeline hypothesis.

>I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTED IT TO BE GOOD AND THE FIRST EPISODE WAS GREAT BUT IT JUST FUCKING SUCKS

I agree 100%

Childhood is idolizing the different timelines theory.

Adulthood is realizing that Shrink Rays make more sense.

But Dolores seems a big hole in that theory. Bu I know you love mental gymnastics.

this tbqh

what did he mean by this

S1 had Freeman and Billy Bob. S2 had nobody and aliens kek.

this, it looks like he's just "uggghhh, let me get over with this"

top tier writing right there

Why the fuck would he accept this role if he didn't like it? He's Anthony goddamn Hopkins. He doesn't need the money.

News flash: Westworld isn't a mystery show like LOST. It's a scifi show, meant to let the viewer explore and discover a futuristic theme park, and follow along with characters going through that park. If you can't appreciate it for what it is, and think it should conform to some other standard that you desire, then you're probably underage, and should just watch a different show that IS what you want.

>it doesn't fit my preconceived notions of what it should be, therefore it's bad

You're correct

>Notice something odd with the show
>See pic related

WW was doomed form the beginning

>if you call it something else it magically becomes good instead of terrible

"no"

>giant dong
>orgies
>can see some chick's butt hole at some point

top fucking kek, it's somehow managed to out-trash GoT

It is a show that questions the nature of humanity and our ability to determine our fate. With wonderful characters and a backdrop of a flesh and blood robots in a post scarcity society.

Its a great show with amazing production values.

What is not to like?

When can you see butthole?

top kek maybe this garbage is good by weeb standards I wouldn't know

I liked the dick shot, and I hope to see more big cocks of all colors in the future.

>posting on Sup Forums
>not a weeb

I feel the same, last episodes drop in quality was disappointing. Gonna be the new tits n ass game of thrones clusterfuck

>it's boring
If you're 14, sure.

both of them slur every line

i mean they're obviously trying hard, which you confuse for acting, but that intensity is just them trying to remember their lines

Not him, but I'm a bit tired of the "if you don't agree with my point, you are an underage" argument

>>hurr this is awful

why?

>>hurr meme words weeb kek

Can't argue with you there.

>muh two timelines
maybe it's the same timeline and some of it is in the past and some of it is in the future

this explains the logo change just as well

Lost was sci-fi, calling the characters on Westworld "wonderful" is a bigger joke than shrinkraying, and there has been literally no attempt to show us what society is like in Westworld, everything is occurring in a vacuum because the writing is shit and relies on lazy ambiguity to be compelling.

when is butthole

re-watch ep3. Ford used to live with Arnold in Park for three years, improving hosts so it's hard to find the difference between them and humans.

Dolores is the first host, old Cowboy second.

Fuck off, m8. You'd have to have the attention span of a fucking child to find this show boring and should therefore be treated as one.

oh no

it will be a disappointment, after like fucking 6 seasons or so

Dolores has been there since the very beginning so...

>there has been literally no attempt to show us what society is like in Westworld

five seasons have been planed. with only 5 eps so far what has been spoken by the characters about the outside world is sufficient. You may have an argument if they show nothing for the entire run.

>writing is shit and relies on lazy ambiguity to be compelling.

I have found the way the use and re-purpose the same "scripted" dialogue the hosts use to to serve different purpose anything but lazy.

They are using both the words and actions of the characters to emphasis the repetitive nature of the hosts, it helps place you in their world

The fuck, how? Dolores is literally the first bot they built

Lost was shit form the first season. I couldn't even see season 2. At least in WW he don't have that creative control

Because she has flashbacks with MiB at the same point she hang out with William and our guy

Dolorable will kill Arnold in first timeline. This is critical failure. Willy is going to find out that Dolores isn't that pure. Yet, he will persuade Logan to invest in Park and Ford will give him VIP.

MiB constantly tries to remind Dolores about him by torturing her. He told Lawrance that hosts are more like humans when they suffer.

Tortures -> suffer (more like human) -> memory

No, it's not sufficient because we have absolutely zero context for what is happening on the show. And having five seasons mapped out is no excuse for bad writing.

>I dropped the show after everything became super-obvious last episode.
>I dropped the show
Sure you did, retardino ;^)

>im fucking plying the chicks in the 1800s western world were thinking like this

she's not from the 1800s.

she's not even your waifu

>And having five seasons mapped out is no excuse for bad writing.

We have a park with robots in the future, a post scarcity society per mib, where people visit to feel real because they have no pain or problems in the real world.

That is more then sufficient context

Things develop overtime, why is that so hard to understand?

Good writing does exclude keeping things from the audience, especially when we are only half way through the first season of a five season story