Let's make a list of the best female producers ever. starting with claire boucher

let's make a list of the best female producers ever. starting with claire boucher.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/music/2012/apr/28/grimes-visions-montreal
youtube.com/watch?v=LXbXuMP9l7c
youtube.com/watch?v=NUIG8P8bvSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-lEpgT-kpAg
youtube.com/watch?v=xoxCItHxLiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

none. women legitimately should not create any music. the feminine undertones of the music ruins it all and its always present. plus all like female artists are poc so fuck that

Jlin
Laurel Halo
Ikonika
Helena Hauff
Bjork
Eva808
Cooly G
Delia Derbyshire

>Best female producers
>List
>Claire

Good list

keep your sexual orientation to yourself, you misogynist pleb.

do you like poc?

she looks normal here

Yeah because shes not trying to be weird

"misogynist" sounds like a brand of laundry detergent, it's like those Hydrox cookies

i refuse to believe there are any women who produce themselves 100%

as if they stay locked in their rooms for weeks on end autistically focusing on their computer screens

you're going to make that an argument too. ok

except grimes:

>Three weeks barricaded inside a room without food, sleep or company. It sounds like the kind of thing you'd only put yourself through if you were quitting heroin or training to become a Zen monk. For Grimes, however, it's all part of the essential process of creating hypnotic weirdo pop.

>"Once you hit day nine, you start accessing some really crazy shit," smiles Claire Boucher, the skittish 24-year-old Canadian behind the deliberately misleading Grimes moniker. "You have no stimulation, so your subconscious starts filling in the blanks. I started to feel like I was channelling spirits. I was convinced my music was a gift from God. It was like I knew exactly what to do next, as if my songs were already written."

theguardian.com/music/2012/apr/28/grimes-visions-montreal

she's truly dedicated to her art. she even does her album covers and music videos.

There are loads, I posted a bunch here:

youtube.com/watch?v=LXbXuMP9l7c

Your fucking kidding me. She tries to be weird. Shes the loser girl who wants to be quirky and says memes in public. Or always goes, im so ugly. This dress makes me look ugly. Then is like "nah I do this for me. I dont care what people think" then cries herself to sleep

thats nice

i don't like/dislike people just because physical features. it matters the most their actual behaviour.

ok but you gotta admit it's extremely rare. and the fact that they do it's a girl doing it makes people less critical than if it were a man

>She tries to be weird.
wrong. she IS weird. that's a feature of hers.

your behavior is shit

No it isn't, you're just not looking hard enough mate.

Daily reminder that Grimes also complains about male producers not letting her do anything in the studio.

IE she's a contracted 3rd party and not independently hiring the studio and engineer.

bump

>and the fact that they do it's a girl doing it makes people less critical than if it were a man
actually a girl has to work twice as hard compared to a guy to prove her skills. make no mistake, grimes's work is heavier criticized than a male producer just because she's a woman. there are idiots that claim (wihtout proof) that she used ghost producers. they's can't accept that a woman can be that good.

I'm not being a dick. Ive fucked enough girls like that to smell them from a mile away. They put out but they make you wanna kill yourself and even make you regret doing it because they are do fucking annoying and cant just be normal human beings.

Also theres a difference being being an outsider and a poser. She's a poser. I guarentee you you'll find her cringe ine day

bump1

you're full of shit. next!

if a male produced her music it wouldn't get criticized. because it would get 10 plays on soundcloud

you should say hi

How am I full of shit. Real talk bro. I swear to pepe I'm not memeing. She so give me the vibe. From the instavideo where she's "high" and "nervous" in camera becaise she doesnt kbkw what to say. She could have re shot the video it wasn't a live stream or performance. Plus she performs live and sings at festivals. She might be odd but shes not as weird as she pretends to be

i want to see this thread full of random shit when i wake up

not really

>if a male produced her music it wouldn't get criticized. because it would get 10 plays on soundcloud
lame. her music would be acclaimed regardless of her gender because it's really good. it's not just some singing over beats, but actual god tier compositions that happened to mainly use synths plus many other instruments. just how many (soundcloud) producers do you know that did the same kind of music like her? post them.

bump

bump

clairo

Ishome

youtube.com/watch?v=NUIG8P8bvSQ

Legitimately excellent production. Heard Ken Tavr before, did not expect it was from a girl.

pretty good. it reminds me of giorgia angiuli.

Embarrassing.
Pic related. And I vote Jlin.

Clara Rockmore
Ruth white

bump!

And i guess "her" face wasnt supposed to be a woman??

Thread starts with Grimes
Can't take it seriously.

Its rare for anyone male or female. How many do you know who do the same thing?

I'm going to marry that girl. I say that a lot about a lot of different people but of the 7billion on Earth... she is really truly the one girl I admire.

your loss. grimes is legit great. btw, i bet you don't know many female producers. not even 15.

>I'm going to marry that girl
who?

Claire-Bear.

It's weird, she knows everything about me but the bit I know about her makes me adore her.

>Claire-Bear.
i've never heard about this artist

atrice Rushen, all these millennial hoes don't have 1/10th of her musicality, knowledge, ability or work ethic,

m.i.a. : arular (2005), kala (2007)
janelle monae : archandroid (2010), electric lady (2012)
grimes : visions (2012), art angels (2015)
solange : true (2012), a seat at the table (2016)
fka twigs: lp1 (2014), melissa (2015)

*Patrice Rushen

I know, let us men handle the production and pushing buttons and turning knobs.
youtube.com/watch?v=-lEpgT-kpAg

good selection

post her best work. let's see how doe sit compare with grimes.

You say female because you know she'll never live up to her male idols and predecessors

wtf are you talking about? grimes > all male producers. prove me wrong.

no one wants to prove anything to you anymore yorubafag, we've stopped taking you seriously like 6 months ago

teasing yoru is always fun

I thought you said you'll start?

>implying i'm yorubafag
speak for yourself, dummy. you don't want to prove anything because you have no arguments. actually you never proved anything in the first place. the joke's on you, buddy.

bump

bump
seriously your yorubian narrative has no background and nobodies really paying attention besides me

yaeji

youtube.com/watch?v=xoxCItHxLiM

it's just a silly micromeme

fun

>Grimes also complains about male producers not letting her do anything in the studio.
She complained about that being the case in reference to THE ONE AND ONLY TIME she participated in a three-day writing camp for songwriters in the industry. NOT in reference to her own studio work.

>not independently hiring the studio and engineer.
user, she built herself her own portable studio and does all of her own engineering... You have to check your basic facts before shitposting if you actually want anyone to believe it.

>plus all like female artists are poc so fuck that
What did he mean by this?

user, you being a sucker with poor taste didn't say shit about Grimes. Or anyone else posting itt.

[example needed]

This. People should do some research before making stupid claims.

>I swear to pepe
user, "pepe" IS a meme.

>she performs live and sings at festivals. She might be odd but shes not as weird as she pretends to be
I've seen her performing live singing at festivals (and relatively recently.) She is 100% exactly the same irl as she seems in videos like the one mentioned.

bump

be nice to grimes

no thanks

>no thanks
>thanks
Grimes made that post, and you were nice to her. So you may as well keep being nice.

Grimes is the one that is really the best.

bump

>tfw you will never binge on adderall with grimes and bang like rabbits
Why even live?

binging on adderall makes yo dick soft