Discuss the Flat Earth theory

Discuss the Flat Earth theory

No user on this board can PROVE that the Earth is round. There's more evidence that the Earth is flat than there is it being round.

Besides, Flat Earth is the Best Earth.

explain gravity

>theory
The flat earth is fact tho

>fact
you mean myth

it's going up like an elevator

no evidence

itt retardation

gravity is a pretty strong evidence

What about flat mars

gravity is evidence of the round earth

HUR DUR NORTH STAR IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE.

gravity is proof of a SPINNING round earth

we have members all around the globe

Fucking retards

Anyone who believes the earth is round, and fights for this belief, is clearly un-educated.

flat earth explains the extinction of dinosaurs

you meant to type flat

Flat Earth isn't even worthy of being a theory.
Sticks and shadows.
Round Earth proved.
Yeah.

explain foucault pendulum

Whatever you say Satan

tilted flat earth

Hmm

If the earth is flat wouldnt trees grow backwards?

no it's not

>theory
The word you're looking for is Hypothesis, and a dumb one at that.
1/10 for getting me to reply.

Are you dumb?

ITT: Round Earthers

>be 2018
>be book nerd science fag
>wear pocket protector
>only able to describe what gravity does
>still unable to explain what gravity is
>the gravity that I cannot explain what it is proves the earth is round

Hurrr durrr

the OP and evrybody who believes flat earth are just fuckng retards.
Not only would trees grow backward but how would birds have feathers? how would you explain that?
and if the earth was flat then jesus could not ascend to heavens, this wouldn't make sense.

The Greeks proved the earth was round hundreds of years ago.
I'd love to put all flat earthers on a rocket/ large plane that breaks orbit, and flys around the world for awhile until they all discover it is round... then have it hurtle back and burn up in earths atmosphere, or crash in wherever the green inferno took place

I've never had it explained to me what the powers that be gain from convincing the inhabitants of a flat earth that it's not flat. There's never a clear motive.

so what is it, then?

magnets!

>theory
Nice try, jewboy. Move along now.

Yeah, this bugs me too. Then again there's a lot that remains unexplained. Like all of it.

>still unable to explain what gravity is

Einstein explained gravity as a curvature of spacetime and all the mathematics backs him up.

Thousands of years ago, in fact.

>what it is proves the earth is round
You sir are a fucking moron. Just because we do not know exactly what it is, does not mean we don't know what it does. It doesn't solely prove that the earth is round but its a huge factor. Please educate yourself before spouting random nonsense.

Go pro proves its flat today

>I'd love to put all flat earthers on a rocket/ large plane that breaks orbit, and flys around the world for awhile until they all discover it is round...

That IS the point! IF the Earth was round, they'd be able to do just THAT with a disposable satellite and finally prove it.
But THEY haven't.
And they won't.
Because they cant.
Because it'd prove the Earth isn't round like they want us to believe.

>flat earth theory

Lmao, in the same way the big bang is just a theory.

The opposite

Actually not at all in the same way

Do you also believe that vaccines cause autism? If so why were you vaccinated.

Here's the deal: there are three types of Flat Earthers who regularly post to Sup Forums: prankster intellectuals who troll to test your knowledge and debate skills, literal Bible interpreters, and most recently and proliferately: the juvenile-level troller.

None of them provide any evidence of phenomena that require a flat Earth model to explain, but rather place the onus on you to prove the round Earth (again, and again, and again, ...) while disavowing any science or proofs put forward. They will post memes that ostensibly 'prove' some flaw in the round Earth model, but containing geometry, maths, logic, and facts so absurdly wrong that you are compelled to display your superior intelligence and knowledge. By responding, you've taken the bait.

Trolls await your posts (reasoned or prefereably emotional) and meet them with insulting or provocative responses. If you reference web-based information (that they could have looked up, had they interest) they will accuse you of being a shill for some absurd conspiracy.

They don't care whether the Earth is flat or round. It's about the lulz from getting you to respond. It is simply impossible to keep up with having to explain away the barrage of stupid posts, and the anonymous nature of Sup Forums makes irresponsibility a tool of the prankster. Arguing is akin to painting over mud - you just end up with a dirty brush.

Big Bang is completely false. An explosion spreads out in all directions like a sphere. This would result in spherical planets and a spherical universe, which is observably not true.

Flat Earth Theory is literally 90% Trolling and 10% retardation.

Most people that post about it are just trying to revive a dead meme. They'll push it super hard just to get people to fight them. And people fall for it every time.

The people that actually believe it though are literally incapable of rational thought.

Responding so people will just let this thread die. Even if the people actually DID believe in flat earth, facts wouldn't change their minds.

Sage.

>THEY

what do you mean, up ?

I think you know nothing

No. Just no.

too long did not read

Where are the edges? :thinking:

Big Bang is a fact. Flat Earth is a myth.

Not user you’re talking to but I believe in god and a round earth.

Look it up. Watch some videos of explosions. They spread out in all directions, creating a nearly perfect sphere.

So you're saying the Earth isn't Flat?

Typical Round Earther running away from discussion rather than engaging.

Oh, you were around 14 billion years ago or whatever to watch the universe be created and have personally seen the planet from all directions from space? Why didn't you say so?

imbecile

Why would that result in "spherical planets"? What does one have to do with the other?

Weak

Why do you think the only way of telling something is literally "being there"?

Ok, but what proof do you have that the earth is flat?
I've seen flat earthers methodically explain why a round earth is just silly but every time I ask a round earther to explain just blow smoke or call me retarded. Kinda like what you just did.

>They don't care whether the Earth is flat or round. It's about the lulz from getting you to respond.

Grow up.

Check it. Explosions have a sphericalish shape. It's not perfect but this means the Big Bang would result in more or less spherical planets.
It's this little thing called "doing research." You should give it a try.

/Thread.

Explosions inside of a pressurized atmosphere and effected by gravity expand in a nearly perfect sphere, however in space without gravity or atmosphere, explosions are far more random shaped until they start spinning back in on themselves forming the classic spiral galaxy form we all know.

>Check it. Explosions have a sphericalish shape. It's not perfect but this means the Big Bang would result in more or less spherical planets.
Why?

>some videos of explosions somehow equals planetary formation for some reason

Always fascinating to see ball earthers straw man flat earth

The earth is flat. It's common sense.

But that's correct

>The earth is flat. It's common sense.
Common sense isn't.
Prove it. What evidence, what phenomenon do you have that only a flat Earth model can explain?

Why even debate this. People who say the Earth is flat are either just trolling or too fucking stupid to understand the very basics of life.

There is no curve to be found

Says the man that can't prove the earth isn't flat.
keep frothing roundy

Said like a real brainwashed individual

Flat Earth is the Best Earth... and until the Round Earthers are either shown de way or vanquished altogether, the aliens are never going talk to us.

"Up" is relative, but basically, the idea is the Earth is moving toward the SKY. When you jump, or an object "falls", the Earth (ground) moves toward the object, giving us the PERCEPTION of gravity.

No, mate, the mass of such an explosion would cause it to pull in towards itself in a spherical shape because of all the gravity. There's no gravity in space but a big explosion would have created it.
I'm not sure how to simplify it any further. What don't you understand specifically?
Yeah, man. Look at this picture. I say sphere, but it's not a perfect sphere since the gravity is just created at the time of explosion and didn't have time to build strength yet, but it's close enough to spherical that it would have made the planets round.
Bro, you can prove it's flat right now, or, you know, whenever's convenient. Go outside and jog for a mile or two. Did you curve? No, you went in a straight line. This proves it.

>There is no curve to be found
That's wrong on many fronts:
1) You simply ignore evidence saying it's false and a lie, but have no proof that literally every frame of video and every photograph ever taken from space was faked, and you use some examples of enhanced or compiled images only as examples to falsely conclude that every image is faked.
2) Your flatness is based on perception that is easily explained by scale. This is not a proof the Earth is flat.

If you continue evading the proof issue, you are proving you're a simple troll.

wait is this is a flat Earth image? So the Earth is not round, just half-round?

That's a dumb idea

Troll

If the Earth was round, wouldn't we all have been crushed when it rolled away? Seriously, wake the fuck up, it's disgusting how ignorant some people are.

This is not a theory. Theories are factually based like gravity, evolution, big bang etc.

This is fantasy

It's true, dude.

>Did you curve? No, you went in a straight line
yes you curved, If you jogged on an open field for a few miles you cant see the point where you started because it curved over the horizon.

This. It's about evidence, not intuition.

But there is

Ok, you've convinced me. The earth is flat.

Ok flat earthers we all wake up one day and all of the governments admit that the earth is really flat. No what? Is everyone going to disarm nukes and be friends? Terrorists stop doin their thing? Everyone gets a million dollars?

Nobody’s going to give a fuck.

the planets didn't form for billions of years after the big bang

Uh, humans can't see forever, dude. It's not a curve, it's just where our vision gets cut off. Think about it, if it was the horizon, you could walk over and eventually stand on the horizon. You can't do that, it keeps at a distance.

They were like lemmings?

Well, yeah, it takes time to make a planet but I dont see how that's relevant.

does it make you happy to pretend you're retarded?

You have so much faith in those few people who tell you you're living on ball